or Connect

Posts by eric

Bodhi, In response to your comments. As I stated above, $1600 is what the machine is worth to me. I am not comparing it to anything else. If it is worth $1600 to someone else, they will buy it. If it is not worth $1600 to anyone else, nobody will buy it. Plain and simple. I'm not forcing anyone to buy my machine. It's not like I have a monopoly. And I am currently reviewing the software license agreements. Thank you for your advice. I do appreciate all of your feedback.
spotbug -- Thank you for the information. I will review the license agreements and will make the appropriate adjustments to my auction as soon as I determine what is legal. I do not wish to break the law and if I determine that I am doing so after reading the agreements, I will cancel all bids (if there are any) and change the auction to comply with the terms of the software agreements. I am trying to offer convenience, not break the law and will not go through with the...
I re-read my listing and see how it can be misleading and why many of you are reacting the way you are. Software piracy is not my intention. I re-wrote the paragraph about the pre-installed programs to make my intentions more clear. The programs will no longer be pre-installed by default. The buyer now must send me a list of the programs he/she owns the license to and only those programs will come on the drive. I truly believe I am offering a service by pre-installing...
First of all, I don't even know what "warez" are. Second of all, this machine was originally $3,499 not too long ago. You guys may not think it is worth $1,600 but that doesn't mean that somebody else will not. That is half what it cost new. It is not worth it to me to sell my computer cheaper so if someone does not buy it at that price, I am going to keep it. As for all these accusations, you guys paint me like I am the sole bad guy but search ebay and read the...
It's a free market. If my price is too high, then nobody will bid on it. I'm not forcing anyone to buy my Powerbook. And as for the software, it does take time to install software and time is money. Deleting software is quick and easy so the new owner will be able to quickly delete the software which he/she does not own the license to. And again, if you think the price is too high, then don't bid!
The price is high for just the machine but I put in alot of work to install all the software, which itself is worth thousands of dollars. Again, if you do not own the license to any of the software, it is YOUR responsibility to erase it. You can justify the price when you consider the convenience of having all that software pre-installed so the machine is ready to use as soon as it gets into your hands. i cant find the $1600 powerbooks you mention but I am sure that...
double post [ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: eric ]

I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Please move to the appropriate category if need be. I'm selling my Powerbook on eBay with a whole bunch of software pre-installed on it. Update: Auction ended without any bidders. I didn't get the amount that would make it worth it to me to sell my machine so I am going to keep it. Thanks for your interest and your feedback... And a special thanks to Matsu for spending his entire Saturday night watching my auction for me....
Does anyone know where you can buy the MediaBank?
Why would you buy a used 1st gen iMac for $500 when you can get a brand new one for $700? It doesn't make any sense, especially since if you get a new one, it will last a few more years before an upgrade is required to keep up with speed and technology (firewire, mac os x).