or Connect

Posts by hungover

You almost seem to endorsing Apple's stance, assuming that Computer Bild's claims about being ostracised are true.   I don't speak German, so I don't know how favourable the review was (aside from the bending part), however, if the bending of the phone was not sleight of hand, it does raise some serious questions.   I can see that a firm would not want to offer grace and favours to a publication which has a history of maligning them but that firm cannot expect a...
The largest European computer magazine claims to have been sent to Coventry by Apple for bending an iPhone 6.   http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cb-News-Handy-Apple-boycotts-COMPUTER-BILD-An-open-letter-to-Tim-Cook-10953399.html   Whilst Apple have not officially responded to Computer Bild's open letter it does raise some serious questions about the subjectivity of the press in the light of BendGate/BendGhazi.   Although I doubt that the average punter will...
Thanks it hadn't occurred to me that the forensics software would be sending/receiving the encryption tokens. See page 13 http://www.elcomsoft.co.uk/PR/recon_2013.pdf Clearly, the seamless nature with which the software decrypts the files had lead others to assume that there was no encryption. I had thought it odd that the phone would encrypt the data and then it would be decrypted on the server.
I too am unsure about the back ups. Indeed, the Apple site says that they are encrypted, however as you say, Mashable are one of a  number of sites that have used the EPPB software. Each of those sites claim that the back ups are not encrypted  http://mashable.com/2014/09/04/i-hacked-my-own-icloud-account/?utm_cid=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial
 Agreed, most users of any platform will just go for the options provided by the vendor.  So Apple users will opt for icloud, droid owners Google and WP users- OneDrive. Whilst the price drops are welcomed, I suspect that most users will be happy to live within the free limits (regardless of OS).  I really can't see consumer grade cloud space being much of a money spinner whilst cellular data tariffs are so limited. Ironically the use of the cloud and subsequent increase...
 That was once the case but it has been available since April as a standalone. If you have an Office ProPlus subscription it is only $1.50pm for 1 TB and AFAIK it is free if you have SharePoint Online. Whilst it is great to see apple dropping their prices the MS package represents better value, supports more platforms and has greater functionality.
Onedrive business is $2.50 per month for 1TB iCloud 1TB pricing? At $3.99 for 200GB, I would guess that 1TB would be about 4 times more expensive than Microsoft's offerings
 oops... sorry, my bad. I posted before reading all of the replies.
I am more than slightly sceptical about the calculated amounts.   At no point has the iPhone 4 been counted. It is claimed that the recent re-release of the iPhone 4 has help to double the installed base in India. Whilst Apple stopped supplying the 4 a couple of weeks ago, it is still available via partner carriers, typically costing $190 (un-subsidised).   Surely this would have had a massive impact on the average selling price?
Yet another revisionist article that tries to mislead the reader.   DED, why must you continue to pretend that prior to the iphone all phones had Qwerty or numeric keyboards?   HTC's first ever handset was the 2002 Wallaby. It ran Windows Mobile and sported a 3.5" touch screen. It had no keyboard.