or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by hungover

DED, The following is probably going to sound more curt than I intended (my back hurts and I am trying to supplement the NSAIDs with alcohol in the pub post work) , I apologise in advance.  This makes absolutely no sense at all. OEMs could do pretty much whatever they wanted (with regard to form factor, hardware specs and software), hence HTC baked in Sense and before that, introduced both the finger based scrolling TrueFlo and motion based VueFlo back in early...
The irony is that I have seen him recommend that others consider buying a $50 4S...
 Mr dilger, that has to be one of the worst constructed arguments that I have seen in some time. Are you suggesting that Macs can't get malware? And that Apple actively try to keep the install base of OSX small enough to discourage malware writers?
Why does the author suggest that only Apple report sales to end users?   It is clear that Apple would be aware of the number of units sold through their own stores but they have no accurate info regarding sales through channels.   In the UK, for example, I would guess that only 5% of iPhones are sold through Apple stores. The other 95% would be stock that may or may not be sitting on shelves or in a warehouse waiting to be sold/shipped.   EDIT------------ Oops,...
Fair point about Sky Go, I am not a customer so I hadn't considered it. I can see that it would be of benefit in a multi TV house with only one Sky box but I can see Sky being concerned about losing out on all those subscriptions in multi TV/ multi Sky box homes.
 There-in lies the problem with definitions, they seem to shift over time. Whilst language is supposed to be dynamic it increases the scope for people to wilfully adapt their definition to suit their argument. If we take the term smartphone for example, what does that mean? Gartner, for example, class Symbian as being a smartphone platform.  A common pre-requisite seems to be internet connectivity but this could imply email access rather than web access, and then how do we...
 Whilst overlooking the fact that internet enabled phones probably surpassed the number of PCs long before the iPhone was even released. IMO the primary objective for Evans posting his cherry picking article was self-promotion. Well it certain garnered him a lot of column inches.
I wouldn't hold too much store by the rumoured 50%.  Whilst it sounds impressive it translates to 6.5m sales throughout the period and doesn't take into account the myriad of other streaming devices such as smart TVs, STBs and games consoles (which quite frankly would dwarf Apple TV) . Frankly I am not sure that AppleTv does have potential global reach. The discussions thus far have been very US centric and the American TV consumption model may well be very different from...
if the purpose of the article (by including phones) is to show that MS's dominance has been usurped then surely it is Android that has taken the crown rather than MS's older adversary?   Or is the total of Android devices (phones, tablets, notebooks, watches, cars, media players, etc) lower?   And in light of the fact that most market analysts, such as Gartner, include Symbian as a smartphone then I guess it is possible that MS haven't been dominant for over 10 years. 
Am I missing something?   If it was supposed to be unearthed in the year 2000, then why did they print "2003- time tube" on it?   http://www.postindependent.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=kNRyG1w4FOaVrdiQ7$xJ$c$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYsOrGBwhNHzBUWaZrupndc0WCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg
New Posts  All Forums: