or Connect

Posts by hungover

At what point did I say Apple stole anything?   Frankly there are times, such a this, that you come across as being extremely insecure.   I provided a link to a product that significantly predated the iPad, that from a distance could be mistaken for an iPad. I mention that the firm had a capacitive screen, I accept that I accidentally posted the resistive screen version, the cap active version is available on the link provided, again from a distance it  resembles the...
 We both know that there were devices that used capacitive screens and supported multitouch. Why do you, a seemingly intelligent fellow, insist on being so petulant when anyone dares to suggest that Apple didn't invent something. The Lemur music controller had a capacitive screen and supported multitouch before apple showed off its iPhone.   http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/04/dualing-reviews-of-lemur-multi-touch-control-surface/   I guess that you will now discount it...
 Yes the iphone was the first phone to adopt the existing mutitouch capacitive screens.   The suggestion that all other phones sucked is just a matter of personal preference.   Had you read my earlier post you would see that I was correcting a fellow member who thought that Apple invented the smartphone in 2007.
1. According to Engadget it was available as capacitive or digitizer. (in 2007 and not 2010)   http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/10/hands-on-with-amteks-itablet-t221/   2. yes it was expensive, so...   3. Low end hardware? Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB ram- erm... what were the specs for the MBPs in 2007. I don't understand the end of your post, "2 decade old"???  I was merely trying to point out that the overall shape/look of the iPad is not as revolutionary as many would...
The earlier tablet devices were hampered by the hardware available at the time. They tended to be cumbersome, expensive and under promoted. In the main they were aimed at those that wanted the ability to use a stylus for annotations. The fact that windows was not optimized for fingers didn't help.   Perhaps one of the biggest obstacles was the limited, or painfully slow internet access. Had the iPad been released in 2005 it may well have flopped.   So who did Amtek copy...
 Whoopsie!!!   GatorGuy just punched a hole in tgolly 's time fabric continum... a touch screen smart phone from 2005 that had apps, icons and no stylus... must be a fake
 We seem to occupy different dimensions. In mine smart phones had touch screens, most were so small that you needed to use a stylus but there were some, eg. the (pre-iPhone) 2007 HTC Athena, that had screens large enough to navigate with your finger. These smartphones had icons, unlike the 2007 iPhone they even had apps. Incidentally, even symbian (feature) phones from the turn of the century had icons arranged in a grid.     An in my dimension there were even tablets...
 Don't forget that there wil be 2 types of keyboard, one that is 3mm thicker and allows the key to be pressed down by 1.5mm (in common with laptop keyboards).   Microsoft do have a history of making decent keyboards.
Exactly what is "post pc" anyway?
 Such a scheme already exists in the EU, in the UK it is known as WEEE, not sure what other member states call it