or Connect

Posts by hungover

Indeed there are white people that suffer discrimination as a result of the colour of their skin but throughout most of the "West" white people are the majority and the racism experienced by them is not instituionalised in nature and as such has a lesser impact on key sectors of their life, such as educational or vocational attainment.  I am not suggesting that the personal ramifications are any more or less but I do get bored of white males who claim that they couldn't...
 Thanks for the reply.   So if apple ever merge OSx and iOS will it be a "Post- post PC +" device?  ;)
 The distance factor seems to be very important to certain legal teams...
 There you go again with the ranting and toy throwing.   I simply stated that Apple were the first phone maker to adopt and adapt existing technologies and you burst a blood vessel. Kudos to them and their hardware partners for doing so but the suggestion that they invented everything in isolation is patently silly.   With regard to appeasing you and showing due deference to Apple for any credit that they deserve- it is difficult for me to do so. Were I to believe the...
 ???   "positive discrimination" is a commonly used synonym for "affirmative action". I'm sorry if the term offends your sensibilities,... perhaps I should have used the term "positive action"....   I should have thought that my previous post made it clear that I consider, the concept, to be a necessary evil when addressing imbalances arising from discrimination.
At what point did I say Apple stole anything?   Frankly there are times, such a this, that you come across as being extremely insecure.   I provided a link to a product that significantly predated the iPad, that from a distance could be mistaken for an iPad. I mention that the firm had a capacitive screen, I accept that I accidentally posted the resistive screen version, the cap active version is available on the link provided, again from a distance it  resembles the...
 We both know that there were devices that used capacitive screens and supported multitouch. Why do you, a seemingly intelligent fellow, insist on being so petulant when anyone dares to suggest that Apple didn't invent something. The Lemur music controller had a capacitive screen and supported multitouch before apple showed off its iPhone.   http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/04/dualing-reviews-of-lemur-multi-touch-control-surface/   I guess that you will now discount it...
 Yes the iphone was the first phone to adopt the existing mutitouch capacitive screens.   The suggestion that all other phones sucked is just a matter of personal preference.   Had you read my earlier post you would see that I was correcting a fellow member who thought that Apple invented the smartphone in 2007.
1. According to Engadget it was available as capacitive or digitizer. (in 2007 and not 2010)   http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/10/hands-on-with-amteks-itablet-t221/   2. yes it was expensive, so...   3. Low end hardware? Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB ram- erm... what were the specs for the MBPs in 2007. I don't understand the end of your post, "2 decade old"???  I was merely trying to point out that the overall shape/look of the iPad is not as revolutionary as many would...
The earlier tablet devices were hampered by the hardware available at the time. They tended to be cumbersome, expensive and under promoted. In the main they were aimed at those that wanted the ability to use a stylus for annotations. The fact that windows was not optimized for fingers didn't help.   Perhaps one of the biggest obstacles was the limited, or painfully slow internet access. Had the iPad been released in 2005 it may well have flopped.   So who did Amtek copy...