or Connect

Posts by hungover

Not sure where you are trying to go with this, nor am I sure sure how any racism experienced by you is any worse than that experienced by any other person.
  The EU directive is just another safeguard for consumers, it does not exist in insulation. Firms selling electronic items are obliged to offer their own statutory warranty for a minimum of one year. Thus the suggestion that you have to prove anything in the first year is moot.   Increasingly firms in the EU are offering free 2 year warranties, eg HTC and Sony. If a product fails  within 2 years it will be repaired for free (excluding wear and tear and...
That cuts both ways... would you describe the Apple IP lawyers as thus.   It's a rhetorical question, please do not feel obliged to reply...
I think that difference was that the courts decided that Apple Australia were guilty of misrepresenting their product, the law takes precedent over company's policies.   With regard to Siri, I think that most reasonable people would agree that Apple's adverts focus very heavily on Siri as a USP. Personally I think that promoting a Beta feature in such a way is flawed, that said, it doesn't seem to be illegal.
We seem to be in accordance on some points but then appear to suffer from differing opinions as to which end of the egg to break open first. For example, I admit that I was unaware that OSx now scans incoming files and assesses them according to file signatures. That strikes me as being a postivie step on Apple's behalf, indeed I would go so far as to call it AVS  (likening it to Windows Defender). Frankly I don't care which vendor is offering AVS protection so long as it...
Why do you assume that Apple are special? If I go to an Italian store and buy a HTC, for example, the EU directive covers me for 2 years but the HTC warranty also explicitly offers me 2 years at no extra cost. Assuming that the any defect is not normal wear and tear or the result of damage I am entitled to a free unconditional repair without having to prove that the fault was the result of manufacture.   I used HTC as an example but some, such as, Belkin offer lifetime...
???   Why would you need documentary proof of every transaction? Your next post partially re-quotes the section on the Apple Italy site that clearly demonstrates that Apple are breaking the law. Even if the in-store staff were being honest, Apple Italy as a whole are not.   Regardless of whether you agree with the EU directive or not Apple are wilfully breaking the law in Italy, there is no grey area. Apple could have used the excuse that they didn't understand the law...
Most of the members posting here seem to be unaware of the fact that most consumer protection agencies will contact an organisation first and ask them to make amendments. Litigation is normally the last resort.   I do not pretend to have any inside knowledge of the chain of events but the fact that Apple are still refusing to comply with a judicial ruling would suggest that they equally refused to comply with the initial requests to make amendments. This seems to...
I wouldn't have believed that you are "a EU state" (sic).   I do however believe that you might be the embodiment of everything that is wrong with care in the community. 
They haven't complied in any meaningful way. They have hidden the consumer rights in inconspicuous hyper links.   When you start the checkout process for the iphone (on apple.it) and select your model you are then offered AppleCare which states the following     AppleCare Protection Plan   Service and support offered by the experts of the iPhone. Every iPhone comes with a limited warranty of one year to cover the repair costs and up to 90 days for...