or Connect

Posts by hungover

If a paid for warranty extension is not insurance then what is it?  The vendor is telling you that there is a reasonable possibility that his product will fail between 12 and 24 months, he pitches a price that he considers will not leave him out of pocket and that is attractive enough to the customer to gamble on the phone breaking.   I was not endorsing the insurance policy that I hyperlinked to. I was merely suggesting that the risk averse might be better off with 3rd...
Don't take it personally. Many of the members here are tud thumping eff wits that are so shallow that they will slag off any country or person that dares to even suggest that apple is not absolutely perfect. Inspite of their "devotion" they do apple's image much harm by portraying owners as obsessive
 ??? The Surface will  meet the requirements for Edius and Premiere.
 Congratulations, you are now officially as red necked as Galbi...
No, if you want to be extra safe then pay a little more and get 3rd party insurance that will cover; failure, loss, accidental damage and theft.   AppleCare is just an insurance policy which doesn't cover anything other than defects that should not occur within a 24 month period. Hence the point of the legal action in Italy...   iPhone AppleCare= approx £70, 3rd party= approx £70   Below is an example policy which costs the same as AppleCare. Can you spot the...
 EU directives are not laws, they are advisory notices that member states are required to base laws on. Hence they will be interpreted in slightly different ways throughout the EU, depending on existing laws in that country.   Assuming that the button on your phone has not failed as a result of abuse IMO, O2 should be obliged to repair it for free. It is reasonable to accept that a button will last  2 years, if it doesn't then you can argue that the button was of inferior...
 Not sure where you are trying to go with this, nor am I sure sure how any racism experienced by you is any worse than that experienced by any other person.
  The EU directive is just another safeguard for consumers, it does not exist in insulation. Firms selling electronic items are obliged to offer their own statutory warranty for a minimum of one year. Thus the suggestion that you have to prove anything in the first year is moot.   Increasingly firms in the EU are offering free 2 year warranties, eg HTC and Sony. If a product fails  within 2 years it will be repaired for free (excluding wear and tear and...
That cuts both ways... would you describe the Apple IP lawyers as thus.   It's a rhetorical question, please do not feel obliged to reply...