or Connect

Posts by hungover

Apologies, the suggestion that all complaints were by shills came from jragosta and not you.You were replying to my reply to him so I merged my responses.   Not sure how you define "best customer service on the planet". I would agree that AntennaGate aside Apple do (often) have very good customer services but would suggest that replacing a low value nano because of a class action is perhaps not quite as good as, for example, Belkin's lifetime waranty... I have had 7...
    Ok have it your way.   All reports of antenna problems were orchestrated by "shills" who purchased the 4 just to fabricate imaginary problems.   Apple's decision to offer free bumpers was nothing more than a coincidence (as is the current out of court settlement).     Nokia intentionally built a connection flaw into the Lumia just so that they could fix it in a matter of days and offer those affected a $100. Darn those sneaky Fins, anything to make themselves look...
      Apple completely defused the situation? In what way?   Do you mean the decision to settle the class action out of court?   Or the redesign of the antenna in the 4s?   Not sure how you can tell that Antenna-Gate had no influence on sales of the 4.   BTW highlighting a flaw doesn't make one a shill (insisting that everyone is, just makes you look paranoid) - Consumer Reports rates the 4s very highly and stressed that the 4s has no antenna issues. Given that Apple...
    My understanding is that Google needed to add all the legalise to allow them to perform minor tasks such as moving data from one server to another and that it is not their intention to rifle through all of your info.    BTW anyone with a skydrive account- MS are downsizing the limits, if you have an existing account you can opt in to keep the 25gb, not sure how long the offer lasts for though...
  I don't know anyone that doesn't use a bumper/cover with an iphone 4 and I agree that the overall experience with a cover was deemed too little of an inconvenience to warrant demanding a refund or making an official complaint.   For what its worth, I thought that the whole AnntennaGate issue was handled very badly and that dragging other phones into the equation smacked of desperation and was tacky in the extreme.
    Erm does that include "junk" made with Samsung components?   BTW next time get a Miele washing machine if you want quality, Electrolux are crap by comparison.
Exactly what is being patented here?  The USPTO site won't show me any of the TIFs.        
ZOETMB   To date that is probably the most sane and reasoned reply I have read on this forum regarding Foxconn.   I suspect that most of the forum members would agree working conditions at Foxconn are far from ideal however because of the underlying subtext of most stories (ie Foxconn=bad and therefore Apple=bad by association) they go on the defensive, and all too often end up castigating the employees for daring to complain.  
    The earlier versions of FlashBack masqueraded as a Flash player but they had nothing to do with Adobe Flash.   The newer incarnations (apparently) rely upon Java exploits spread by infected sites without any further interaction from the user (other than visiting the site).   Install Flash if you want to but you'd be better off disabling Java   http://www.cultofmac.com/160060/scared-of-flashback-heres-how-to-disable-java-on-your-mac-and-stay-safe/   The general...
    How old are you?   I might not like my neighbour's choice of car but I would not stand by and watch a gang of kids trash it.   On reflection, your suggestion is akin to phoning the kids and saying "hey my neighbour is out- why not swing by and trash his car whilst I watch you and get a hard on?"   Previously, I had assumed that crayon (signature) boy had been deprived of oxygen at birth, seemingly he is not the only one....