or Connect

Posts by hungover

I import products from the USA to resell in the EU.   I have to re-label some of the products, either because the name is deemed misleading or because the product description/claims go beyond the legally accepted levels of implication.   Whilst I would rather not have to shell out the extra money, I am mindfull of the fact that I am not forced to import the products. By and large I try to adhere to the law. If I make a mistake then the Powers That Be will ask me...
I don't recall seeing any other maker marketing a product as 4g in the UK. Do you have any evidence?   yes apple are being singled out by the ASA but that is because they have singularly broken the law.
Come on... until the Australian case, we all know that Apple were using the 4G moniker to refer to LTE. The HSPA+ 4G argument only entered the equation when their backs were against the wall.   Now it would  be interesting to see how Apple define "ultra fast wireless". With the next upgrade will that become "ultra super fast wireless"?
Whilst I am glad that the change has been made I am saddened by the fact that the change was the direct result of legal action (and or the threat of it) rather than the wish to prevent confusion.   Someone in the advertising department needs to spoken to very sternly. At a time when everything Apple does is being scrutinised they need to be on top of their game.
  Why is it that the stock reply to someone complaining about what they see as moral decline often involves the recommendation that they move country?   Should one emigrate because they feel that taxes are too high? or that their government is corrupt? or that they feel that there are too many muggers?            
    A tad harsh. Some of them will be running OSes that are only 2.5 years old and might not realise that they are no longer supported, thus even with updates turned on they will not get any updates, eg leopard.   They may well have been told at the point of purchase that Mac can't be infected and so assume that they don't need to exercise caution or be proactive.   I understand that Apple want everyone to be on the latest OS but perhaps support for older OSes could be...
    Can anyone explain how a country that supposedly is full of impoverished farmers is on course to become Apple's biggest and most important market?
    He might have dual nationality...
as a kid I though it was teashop....   BTW does anyone know where in Ireland the iTunes servers are? I hadn't even realised that they were in Ireland until I noticed that they charge a whopping 23% VAT.
    Apologies, the suggestion that all complaints were by shills came from jragosta and not you.You were replying to my reply to him so I merged my responses.   Not sure how you define "best customer service on the planet". I would agree that AntennaGate aside Apple do (often) have very good customer services but would suggest that replacing a low value nano because of a class action is perhaps not quite as good as, for example, Belkin's lifetime waranty... I have had 7...