or Connect

Posts by melgross

You still do t get it. Apple's higher price isn't in the SoC. It's estimated that Apple's SoC costs a few bucks more, but that's about it. It's the case and screen where the difference is seen. Also these other manufacturers are doing what Windows PC manufacturers are doing, and cutting orofits to the bone. Just look at what the manufacturer of the chip is claiming. That what matters here. Stop flinging the BS about pricing. Samsung's top tablets, for example, cost as much...
I mentioned it because that Intel's competition in this space. Their Atom based line is pretty large, from 2.3 watt draw, all the way to about 20 watts.
That's not exactly a test. Some of those things are fast enough that you we be able to tell the difference. You actually need to use an app that requires performance. Otherwise, just sit back and wait for Anandtech's review. That will tell you more than you need to know. They will even compare it to others.I wouldn't be surprised if you did sit on it. From the things you say, I'd think that you would believe that would be the best place for it.
No pazuzu, you just won't buy one. But that's ok, you really don't have to. Samsung needs the business.
So you think that multitasking is the only thing that matters? Do you own a computer, or are you just typing on someone else's? If the latter, then you should know that many apps need as much performance as they can get. I do CAD using AutoCAD 360 on my iPad Air, and it was a big improvement on the older model. This one will be even better. Same thing with video editin, photo editing, and higher end video games.You don'tt need to multitask to need high performance ,...
No, not what I need for certain. Almost useless for me. Perhaps for someone looking for something simpler, who wants something between a "home" grade software package and a prosumer package.
Since we're told by the android manufacturers that their products are not on,y as good as the more expensive Apple one, but even better, the price difference shouldn't matter. The difference is also in the cheap builds we see from Samsung and others, cheapness that constantly brought up in reviews. As this is the latest, and greatest, chip from Nvidia (a company that is infamous for inflating "tests" that never prove out in production models), the price shouldn't be a...
It seems to be equal to a new model mid/high range i3 low power. That in itself is remarkable. Trying to compare it to a mid range i5 is stretching, unless that chip is perhaps three years old. Still a pretty good feat. This blows past all Atom SoC's.
Sigh! Apple screwed the pooch on that one. It was doomed from the start. Too bad, really, because it turned out to be a decent editor. But Lightroom is so much better. Apple just didn't understand the pro market.
Well, considering that all higher end ARM SoC's for Android are either 4 core, or 8, usually using all of the BIG and LITTLE cores, they have nothing to complain about.