or Connect

Posts by melgross

Good. Companies working around privacy rules. Particularly when they really amount to fraud, such as this really is, by pretending to be the user the self, is really egreous. I've been disappointed that the system here didn't take this to trial as well.
You don't actually know that. I would expect that with all the work Apple has put into this, they likely have thought of this as a potential problem, assuming that it actually is.
As I said, it's an electrical insulator. I was, of course, talking about the anodized surface of the watch, which is aluminum oxide. That isn't a problem. We also use dissimilar metals in many pieces of equipment without a problem. I have lathes with cast iron bodies, and bronze or Steel roller or ball bearings. Brass is often used with steel and iron in direct contact. Aluminum and copper are used that way as well.Watches for a century have been using the pin and spring...
This is correct. In fact, an individual mirror incurs about a 1-3% loss if it's a rear surface mirror, and can be under 1% for the front surface mirrors used in optical pathways. Apple doesn't seem to be using a prism, so losses will be less there as well. Lenses can lose up to a third stop though. But that would be true, no matter what. We can tell, if we know the "T" stop, which is the true transmission number used by movie and Tv lenses.
As I said, and confirmed by others, ports face one way. There is a standard for that. You just have to remember which way it should be and plug it in that way.
Not true. The Lightning port is pretty sophisticated. Apple worked on the new usb c port so it has some of the advantages, hut not all.
The latter two seem a bit low. Where did you read that?
Likely Apple uses a standard way of facing those ports as well. Once you know it, it should never be a problem again.
Yeah. I couldn't talk, but I could type.
I've found that all decent usb cables indicate which way is up using the usb symbol on the top side. Devices with usb also have that side up when the connector is horizontal.