or Connect

Posts by melgross

I don't agree. There is no way that Apple would, or could, add a "Mac" that didn't run OS X software in its entirety, within the limitations of the power of the device. That means that the latest Macbook, which is considered to be underpowered by many, can still run most everything. What it can't run is software that people wouldn't buy such a machine for. But by "not run", I mean that it can't run it well.But to say that someone couldn't run Office, or other widely used...
I can believe that 10 million have signed up for now, but how many will remain once they need to pay for it? If they keep 80%, that would be impressive.
I think we're pretty much done with the tv rumors.
Many of these new technologies begin with small companies which aren't financially well enough positioned to take the technology further than the beginning stages. But if a large company sees the potential, buys it, and pours money into R&D, some amazing things can happen. We don't know how far this technology had advanced before Apple took them over, and we don't know what Apple has put into it after they did. But building displays is a lot more complex than building...
Well, I for one am VERY impressed that they can offer this at such a great discount, and with a sapphire cover no less! Let Apple match that!!!
A toothbrush won't damage the finish of a SS bracket, unless you use some toothpaste to clean it with. You can use liquid soap, and work it between the metal by moving the band back and forth.But the best way to clean it is to buy a $29 ultrasonic jewelry cleaner on amazon, and just use some of that softsoap with it.The great thing about Apple's attachment design is that it's so much easier to remove the bands than with the old pin and spring design, that it's very...
They really are "just cheap takes". Even if they look different, they are still pretty cheaply made. I costs a lot to make a really good band.I'm concerned that the bands won't fit the slots properly, and with some time, they will distort, and wear them. The slide in locking portion needs to be polished, and from the ones I've seen so far from third parties, they're not.I should say that while the Etsy bands are very good bands for cheap bands, it's the others I'm worried...
Massively overpowered for things you do, maybe. But that's just you. Major games need more power and RAM than my current iPad Air 2 has. I use Photo and movie editing apps, and they too can use more memory and power. So do my CAD apps, and painting apps.I've never understood why some people think that just because they don't need something, no one needs it.
Five times is the number I see used when I read about it. Obviously it's not exact.While Apple would rewrite OS X to run on ARM, and some of Apple's apps would be rewritten as well, the reality is that almost no one else would bother, so small developers, with fairly simple apps likely would. But do you really think that Microsoft and Adobe would rewrite their massive software just to run on Apple's least powerful machines? I highly doubt that. And that's just some....
Expectations vary by industry. No one would reasonably expect Walmart to have a 21% net as Apple does, because in that industry, even with Walmart being the size they are, profits are slim, and in fact these of Walmart are around 3.5%. They also don't expect growth to be more than in the mid single digits a gear, and usually in the low single digits.So we look at Walmart's valuation, and we see that it's $233.5 billion, which is less than half of its yearly sales. Yet, it...