or Connect

Posts by melgross

Also, there's a difference between when a person leaves a company, and when they arrive at their new one. That date doesn't have to be the same. Many times, they take a week or two of vacation in between, to clear their head.
I don't care who you work for. Names unknown. But I do know that his isn't uncommon. And it's not a last minute decision, as I made clear in my post above this response to you. If a company has a deadline for a hire, and that hire isn't very important, then it would kill the deal. But if the hire is important, and they are going to wait six months for that hire to appear, another few weeks isn't going to make a bit of a difference. And I don't believe for one minute, that...
I would just like to point out that spring isn't "widely regarded to end in May". Here, at least, spring ends June 21. As Apple often make announcements such as: ---- product will come out in the spring, or in the winter, or in the first quarter, or in the third quarter, etc., and then it comes out on the very last day of that period, I think we can safely say that she is on track to meet her commitment if she gets here in late June. All of what we are reading about this...
I watch a lot of companies do presentations, and even without Jobs, Apple is, by far, the best of them. Tim is, from reports, a shy person. Jobs wasn't. He's been taking lessons on presenting. And he does give Shiller and the rest more time than Jobs did except when he was sicker, and too weak to be up there too long, sadly.I've seen her give some speeches on YouTube, and she looks pretty good. We'll just have to see how she does here.
She's likely a lot smarter than any of us. Big business operates in ways that are different from what you may think. Even with my own, much smaller, companies, I've hired people who needed to wait for a bonus. It happens. It isn't the end of the world. You're acting as if this means much. It's only another four to six weeks. Not much.
I agree. She's very highly rated in the retail industry. She's brought Burberry to many more people, and led it to great growth and profits in an otherwise stagnant industry.I also don't understand why they hired Browlett. But, it certainly taught them things about high level hires! She is the polar opposite of Browlett. And it's nice to finally see a woman in the top ranks of the company.
True that. But he's trying.
I don't see another month or so making much of a difference. For all we know, she's been working with Apple on direction already. Both companies seem to have a friendly relationship, even with her leaving. In fact, with her at Apple, and leaving Burberry on good terms, would be good for Burberry as well. She could still prefer using Burberry in her technology work. That's free advertising for them. It pays for everyone to be happy here.
I wouldn't say that. She is moving to a much larger company. Lots of CEOs do that. Browlett did. If it were just a vp position, then I would agree with you. We've seen a lot of smaller company CEOs taker lessor positions at Apple over the years.But at Apple, a senior vp is the highest position under the CEO. It doesn't mean that you aren't right, and that she may be thought of as a possible successor. That would certainly be an interesting choice! She is being given a wide...
Yes, and you should have expanded upon my comment.