or Connect

Posts by melgross

Without a drive controller on board, it's not an SSD. It's properly referred to as NAND storage.
NAND storage in phones aren't SSDs. I haven't heard of an SSD interface being used. If someone has evidence I'm wrong, I'd like to know.
As you can see though, that is a Pentile, with the Samsung name used there, as I did say. You seem to be right about the colors though. It still loses about 30% resolution as compared to LCD displays.
I'm not sure I would allow you in public.
I'm not making the claims you are. I'm simply using what we already know publicly, from statements they've made. From that is can be seen what they can, and might do. You're stating quite definitively that they can't do certain things, which they certainly can. Whether they are, or are not doing those things, is something else.But I'm not ruling them out, which you are. I do t need to work there to know this, while you would have to to support your statements.I'm certainly...
My daughter, who is now 23, has a LOT of friends. Often a troop of a dozen would come for dinner Friday nites. We still get bunches staying over. Also, I did a lot of work for the NYC school system, and her HS, in particular. Even though, in theory, for most of that time, phones weren't allowed, they would allow them as long as they weren't out, and used.Go into a middle school or a HS with a few thousand teens, and you'll see a lot of phones in back pockets.
I'm certainly not saying that Apple has their own steel mill. But they do design, and have manufactured, machinery that isn't otherwise available. They spec everything that's done, and it's also been noted that they work their alloys to higher standards than is normal for the industries they are in. But no, they don't have to do the actual work themselves, any more than they have to manufacturer their own phones. This has also been noted a number of times before. It...
Most people who keep their phone in their back pocket do sit on it. I see it all the time, particularly with teenagers, and most particularly with teenage girls.
No matter what, I think people are crazy to put phones in their back pockets. While some people may be lucky, doing that is one of the main causes of broken phones, right after dropped phones.
Well, I believe that Pentile is a Samsung trademark, and the do use a while sub pixel. Perhaps I've got some of it wrong. Show me. Whatever it is, it still uses four sub pixels resulting in course display quality.