or Connect

Posts by melgross

The new feature is being able to look at all of your cards and loyalty cards, and choose between them without unlocking your device, which can't be done with 8.4. You're talking about just using the default card to pay.
Thanks for the positive comments, but I really can't agree with most of the rest.While, in theory, I don't like the idea of being tracked, I do understand that this has become a way of life. Like it or not, most people really don't care. All we have to do is to look at Facebook or some other similar service to see that people are not just happy, no matter how embarrassing their lives may be, but thrilled, to put their entire lives out for all to see.A small minority isn't...
I think that a problem with these cards is that they often have small amounts of cash on them. It's very possible that the risk of a transaction not going through because there's not enough on the card, may be an issue. While that can happen with a bank issued debit card, normally there is much more money in the account than one would put on a disposable cash card.There could also be a problem with card verification. There's really no way to know if the person buying that...
Total BS. I've been reading articles that compare Apple's services to Google's. Apple pushes privacy, Google pushes convenience. We look at Apple's search using Siri, for example, and we read that Apple's search can't equal that of Google's, because Apple doesn't link things together the way Google does. That's because of privacy. But do those using Google care? Not really. I find that even those who protest, use their services. I also find that Apple users on these forums...
I agree completely. I've been warning about that very problem. Once 10nm is reached, there will be years for everyone to catch up in process tech until 7 nm is achieved. And then, well, who knows? Experts in that field still think that 5nm may not be possible. If that's true, and I believe it is, despite Intel showing 5nm on its roadmap, which I think they're doing for marketing and financial reasons, then until a new technology is ready, we won't see major advances for...
The battery life of the 6 series is really quite good, particularly the 6+. So while more battery life would be nice, it's certainly not a necessity. More processing power, on the other hand, is always welcomed.In addition to that, there is the fact that you can always buy a battery case to double the life of the charge, or an external battery to quadruple the life of the charge, if you really need it. But there is no way to improve upon the processing power, so that is...
This is not entirely true. Apple attempted to pay TSMC for the entire production from at least one fab, but TSMC declined. That was pretty smart of TSMC, unless they lose too many sales from Apple directly as a result, which is something we won't know, unless in their financial report they make an oblique reference to it.These companies don't want to become dependent on one major customer. More often than people know, a company will actually turn business away from a large...
I...don't think so.While ARM chips are becoming more powerful more quickly than x86 chips are, even Apple's A8x just barely makes it to the bottom of the x86 line, just above the low end Atom.While I have hopes that at some point, Apple's chips can compete on the low end with OS X, it will never replace a medium or high end x86 chip.
Like it or not, most people don't care whether they're tracked, and most of those who do, pretend they aren't. We really have to look at the world the way it is, rather than the way we want it to be. Being tracked is something that's out of the bag, and has been for some time. Do you use Google, Bing, Yahoo or any other major service? Then you're being tracked. Don't like it? Tough! Don't like the fact that your info is being sold? Also tough. Your info has always been...
These dates are goals, just as Intel's are. We'll see if they meet them.