or Connect

Posts by melgross

Yes, the analyst companies had claimed that in that last quarter of 2012, Samsung shipped at least1 million tablets to the USA. Interestingly enough, that compares to the 1.5 million that Samsung had claimed to have shipped here the last calendar quarter of 2010. The last quarter they have made any quarterly claims for their tablets and smartphones after Lenovo's calling them out on that.So we see that they sold less than 20% of the estimated shipping (often converted to...
If course it was manipulative. I wouldn't expect anything else, and I don't even blame them for that. It's marketing. As when Jobs stated, several times, that no one would want to see video on a device as small as an iPod or iPhone, and then, just six months later, upgrade the new iPod and iPhone to do just that.
Well, it was a number of years ago. I don't always remember things exactly from several years ago. You are still wrong though. You said that there was NO paid version for Android, and as I said, that is clearly wrong.Quote from your other post:"I don't believe it was ever anything BUT free for Android Mel,..."So I thought that logically, they would have first have come out with the paid version that sold very poorly, and then came out with the ad supported version. But...
Ok, I found a good one. The charts are a bit hard to read, as these sites all too often publish them as a graphic, rather than as characters, but you can read them.Look at the quarterly numbers for each of the three models. In particular, notice how sales actually went down as time went on, even for the newer models. A number of quarters, sales foe the models were below 40,000, even dropping to...
It was on the sites it certainly wasn't hidden.I'm looking for links. This was a few years ago so they can be buried. The first on I have gives overall sales numbers, and a few specific Samsung smartphone sales numbers. I'll look for the specific ones I'm talking about.
They're going g to offer a Home version for $69 a year that includes, I believe, one computer and possibly one iPad.
No, that's definitely wrong. Actually, what happened, as I remember it, was that first they had an ad supported version on some Android phones(they said they couldn't support all because of fragmentation), then they came out with a paid version after, I think some large number of free downloads was done. But the paid version did very poorly.
Well, as estimates for the USA were a million tablets shipped for the models under dispute, which the actual number sold were just 38,000, I would think that everyone would pause at any numbers being mentioned when it comes to Samsung. And interested,y, when a top executive at Samsung was asked in early 2013, I think it was, about how Samsung tablet sales were going, he said; very poorly.Samsung hasn't lied about shipments since the last quarter of 2010, because during the...
Yes, it was. Rovio made a big point about it back then. Android users are very resistant to paying for apps. I don't remember how much Angry Birds cost me, as it was some time ago. I have several versions of the game. It's just a small amount though. But the ad supported version on Android has done well.It's possible that now they've gone to the in app purchasing model, as that's proving very successful on both platforms.
It's well known that both Gartner and IDC strain to make Microsoft look as good as possible. Microsoft is a major client of theirs. If you go to Gartner's site, and I imagingE the same is for IDC, they say that their goal is to make their clients look as good as possible. Not in those exact words, but you can easily get the point.It's one reason why both have worked very hard to minimize the drop in Windows sales over the last three years. Both keep overestimating those...