or Connect

Posts by melgross

It's interesting that you would say that, after saying human Apple developed stylus would be a good thing.I believe that if a stylus was included, and I"m not saying that Apple ahould do that because of cost considerations, people would use it. This is one reason we don't see great support for the more esoteric designs now that do have pressure sensitivity, fine points and other features. Why support something that almost no one has?This is the chicken and egg problem.
I think we can agree with that last point of yours.I find that there are certain classes of apps where a stylus is required. Sure, I could do it with my finger, but it's fairly to really difficult. In the old days, with my Palm Treo 700p, with the resistive screen, I could use my fingernail for input, either tapping (hurts after a while though), or using it as a pencil.The problem with the finger is that it's pretty fat. You can't really see anything. Even apps that...
Why are you always so negative? Most of Apple's mice were just fine. The only odd one was the round one for the first iMacs. Why don't you concentrate on the vast majority of Apple's products that do work very well instead?
I have that stylus too. I agree that it's not the greatest. But it's not bad.The major problem I've found is that even if these styluses are great, few apps support them, as opposed to the basic capacitive design we can now get for free, as giveaways. If Apple comes out with a standard design that uses internal circuits to the iPad/iPhone, then developers will support that functionality. Assuming that Apple allows developers to make compatible styluses, they will be...
We don't need that, though I still use Wacom's with my Mac Pro. My first Wacom was an 18 x 12 inch model for use with my Atari ST. That model was pretty heavy, and cost $1,200. That was a lot of money back then, in the late1980's. It also had no features other than to allow you to map the shape of the tablet to the screen.But Apple can do this. The Samsung Note uses Wacom technology, I believe. All Apple needs to do is integrate a resistive layer with the touch layer. It's...
No one is suggesting that Apple will suddenly say that we need to use a stylus.But, when I bought my first iPad, in May of 2010, which was the first cellular model of the first iPad, the first thing I was asked by the Apple guy who was helping me with the sales was; "Do you want a stylus with that?" I said yes.I now have six different styluses. A couple use radios, one doesn't but has batteries, and the rest are variations on standard function styluses.There are times when...
What a lot of people forget in their rush to criticize this, is that while Apple's product expansion has been going on for a while, they still have a relatively small product line for the amount of sales. Because of rhis, they can spend more money on fewer things. I remember some time ago when Apple's R&D expenses was compared to that of Nokia, and found wanting, that I went and counted the number of phones Nokia produced. It was over 225! Plus networking products, etc....
Actually, these days, the easy and obvious has mostly been done. It's the hard and not so obvious that's mostly left. The more sophisticated technology becomes, the more difficult, and epensive it becomes to advance it further. I'd love to know just what it is that you invented that gives you the eperience to say what you have..
Not quite. But I read today that Apple's $179 billion in cash and investments was equal to $10 for every man, woman and child on tne planet.
It has not been debunked. The reporters who used that LG phone stated that it was pretty hot, hotter than a phone should be. Perhaps Samsung has a different standard for heat output than trailing edge LG does.