or Connect

Posts by melgross

This is for all cellphones, not just smartphones.
You don't understand the point to console gaming. It's not to have a computer in the living room, or wherever the big screen Tv is. It's to have a device specifically made for gaming and streaming. And that's what consoles do best.
Ah, no. The PS4 is doing very well, and the xbox One is doing well, but not as well as the PS4. This has nothing to do with anything the article hopefully stated. It's a pure competitive play against the PS4. Anything else said is pure bunk.The WiiU is a failure, as they only sold 2.73 million units all of their fiscal 2013 year, whereas Sony has already sold close to 8 million PS4s, and Microsoft has sold over 5 million XBox Ones.
Impossible!
Of course, we do need backup solutions. But other than that, other than professionally, it generally not a problem.
This is an interesting discussion. There are reasons why Apple can't put OS X on an A7, of course. But that doesn't mean they won't be able to with a more advanced device. The A8 is expected to have four cores. That will almost double multi core performance. And I wonder how much per core performance will increase. I don't see them as being able to double per core performance each year anymore, particularly if they use the area for two more cores. But even if they...
I don't get concerned about year to year performance improvements. Remember that Haswell itself didn't lead to major performance improvements but to major battery life improvements. Broadwell will be more focussed on performance. But people don't replace their notebooks every year. Well, few do anyway. So for the normal three year replacement cycle, we will still see large performance improvements. Even 3% is significant over three years, when each years' improvement is...
Again, to point out that they don't. The $899-$999 segment is a additional 4%. That moves the Air into an additional 25% of possible sales for them directly. The $799-$899 segment is another 6%, which is close to 40% of the Air's total sales. Apple will pull sales from that segment as well. The will even likely pull a few sales from the next segment down, which they weren't very likely to have been doing before.It's very obvious that you guys are just looking at the...
Obviously, you are. What happens when that single point of failure router dies? It's hard to understand your point there. As for optical, it's rarely used these days. Even most software installs are done over the Internet, and that was the major use for an optical drive. So, for $79 I keep an Apple external SuperDrive. I hardly ever use it though. It was for my daughter when in college for her Retina Macbook Pro. I do have a BR writer in my Mac Pro though.But I've got...
I can agree with that, as it's the same thing I've been saying here. But I don't think we're going to see a doubling of sales, though that would terrify everyone else, and send us investors of Apple stock into a buying frenzy.But Apple could possibly pick up an additional million or two yearly Air sales from this, possibly more. I also think, as I mentioned before, this is an attempt to regularize prices before a retina model comes out later this year. Something similar to...