or Connect

Posts by melgross

Disagree totally on both points.
As I pointed out earlier, there are no screens with these hi Rez specs. The only monitor announced with these specs is a Dell, and it needs two screens.http://www.anandtech.com/show/8496/dell-previews-27inch-5k-ultrasharp-monitor-5120x2880
I hope you don't mean this nonexistent 5K monitor.
I'm going to assume you're joking. Because this monitor, assuming Apple did make one, would need far more GPU power than we'll see in an iMac.
That's not a good reason. The monitor is too wide, too many pixels. I don't know of anyone who would put screen elements on the sides of the video. I've done a lot of commercial video editing over the years. I would rather go to another, smaller monitor for that purpose.Don't use the iPad as an example, it has nothing to do with this. And this is just a rumor, nothing more. Don't try to protect Apple on something they may not even be producing.
Yeah. I just don't see it. I would rather Apple finally came out with a monitor with a high quality display, instead of the sRGB models they've had for so many years. Their displays are poor for video or photo editing, or even publishing. Just not enough color gamut. So we have to go to Ezio or NEC for monitors. It's a shame.
I told you why. Thunderbolt? Well, maybe, but that does cost transmission time. Remember that while Apple has 6 thunderbolt ports, there is only 3 true thunderbolt chips. So only 3 independent Thunderbolt lanes. This would take quite a chunk out of that. So while it could happen, I'm not so sure Apple would want to go that route. And what would be the purpose of such a resolution? Dell just came out with one. But there are no panels for this resolution.. Dell was forced to...
I read that it may actually be a true 4K monitor, which makes more sense. Unless there's a newer Displayport standard beyond the present 1.2, it can't handle more than 4096. We would need to use two ports for this, which is clumsy, and not what Apple would normally do.
I just threw that out, and it's possible. Companies that accept iPhones had said that you could trade your phone now, but keep the phone until you received your new one. That was over a month ago. So it's certainly possible.But I knew that there would be people here who wouldn't want to read that. You're the first. Congrats!
Of course, this could also mean that Samsung owners were waiting to see what Apple offered, and after having seen it, were disappointed, and are trading in their phones to buy new Samsung models which were also recently revealed. That may not be a popular thought here, but it's certainly veey possible.