or Connect

Posts by melgross

In a way, it's a strange agreement to have made, because it's uninforcable. If the employee wants to leave, then what can be done about it? Is there a penalty? It doesn't say. That's the only thing that they can do. You can't make an employee stay. If one wants to leave, for whatever reason, you don’t WANT them to stay. I never would have wanted an employee of mine to be forced to continue working for me. What good would that do?
I'm trying to figure out how they would do this. It's usually done with a prism, but there's no room for one.For some time, I've been thinking that the camera could be built in two parts, so to speak. The lens would face forwards, of course, but a mirror could reflect the light 90 degrees. The sensor could sit at that 90 degree angle. It could also be more complex, with two mirrors, allowing the sensor to lie flat against the front or back of the camera, saving more...
That's a pretty good explanation.
What? You are awfully glib about this. Making a thinner camera is the problem, not the solution. And using two cameras doesn't effectly double the ISO.
You can't, really. While you can obtain a minor amount if noise reduction that way if the software has characterized the noise components of the sensor, that's complex, and takes processing time with specialized hardware. This is done on some DSLRs and some other cameras for long exposures. But what they do is to take a blank picture first, evaluate the noise at that moment, and then take another picture that corrects for that noise, which varies with temperature, the...
No, this is different. I haven't read the patents yet, though I will as soon as I have time.But what Apple doing is breaking the image up into two components, luminescence, and Chroma, which is the LAB format. This will result in better noise, and possibly, higher sharpness as well.For many years, when correcting images, we would move it to the LAB format, which is exactly what this looks like. LAB allows great amounts of color and sharpness correction with an absolute...
Mine doesn't. I assume an older device includes the 5.
Anyone who thinks that an OS is a finished product, has something to learn. Compare OS X 2000, to OS X 2014, and you'll see differences, major and minor. It's a matter of refinement, not negation of anything.What Microsoft did with Win 8 was a negation of what they did before. The difference is radical. Some love it, and some hate it. Now Microsoft is adjusting it. Android is different with each release. That's the way it works.
That's odd. It hasn't happened with my 5, or my iPad Air.
Ota for my phone. I'm updating my iPad right now as I'm typing this. I always update iOS devices ota. Do t know why the mini update would be that big. Did you update all in between updates before this one? If not, that could be the reason. If you did, then I'm at a loss. I'll see what happens on my iPad once it's through.