or Connect

Posts by melgross

Worldwide, Windows outsells OS X by about 12:1. So yes, you can say that Windows outsells MACs. That doesn't mean that Apple is really happy about that. I'll bet they aren't. But publicly, what can they say? Jobs, and Cook have both said that the best part of having a small marketshare is that it gives them a lot of room to grow into. Does that sound like they are happy, long term, in having small numbers? No sir, it does not!Is Cook happy about diminishing iPad sales?...
You are making assumptions that are simply incorrect.
The older ones move around. My original model is now relegated to the historical department. The 2 is used in my shops for calculations. The 3 has been given to an artist friend of Janet, my daughter. We never did get the 4 because of another priority that year, a new multifunction printer from Hp, the MFP 575, which cost $2,400, so I took the money for the iPad for that. The Air, my wife has, as she doesn't want me to spend the money for a new one for her, as she just...
Yeah, I've been talking about this for a while too. I keep my fingers crossed every year.
I haven't gotten the feeling from you that you do know this. I have talked to her, and her posts have shown that she does know what she' stalking g about. Perhaps you can enlighten us further.As far as your knowledge goes, I don't see it from your statements here. Surely you know that clock speed has little to do with anything unless it specifically refers to the same processor family? So comparing clocks and performance is not proper. And while I'm not a fan of Nvidia,...
No. You and our other friend are not understanding how this works, or why it does work. If manufacturer "A" has a fast charger, and you use it with manufacturer "B's" batteries, you may damage the batteries. But if you use it with manufacturer "A's" batteries, unless they specifically state that using this charger may lessen battery life, then you're ok. Sometimes, manufacturers will state that this particular line of batteries are for quick charging.Apple has allowed the...
No. Apple's chargers contain circuitry that limit the current to safe values for any Apple device. They will work on non Apple devices, but I'm not sure whether the circuitry would be as effective in protecting the device.Oops! Removed inadvertent question mark after " No". That was a statement, not a question.
No, he doesn't see things as they are. He sees things the way he wants them to be. And those people here who also want to see things as they want them to be read him uncritically. They don't look to the incorrect facts and omissions, or the fault in his logic.Don't get me wrong, he's fun to read, and for a short time, I can imagine that in his world, everything would be good. But then, I have to leave that utopia, and come back to earth.
That's not always true. There are batteries that are designed for quick recharge, it all has to do with the internal resistance of the battery. The lower it is, the faster the recharge. It's the internal heat generated by a very fast recharge that damages the battery. Less internal resistance, the less the heat.I've been using batteries for my power tools for many years. The normal charge time is about one hour for a full charge. But there are 15 minute chargers. I use...
Aha! Yes! That's something that I wanted to bring into the conversation. At the last financial call, Tim was asked this very question. Are people treating their iPad purchases the way they buy new PC's, rather than to the way they buy new phones?His answer was that it was too early to tell, but that it could be possible. So if instead of getting a new model every two years, people are going to hold them for three, or even four, that's going to put a big damper on new...