or Connect

Posts by melgross

Watch the language, please.
While it's obvious that a longer phone using the same design will bend more easily, the question is, how careful should we be with our phones? I've always believed that phones shouldn't be put in a rear pants pocket. It's just looking for trouble. Another reason why the 5/5S is harder to bend is that the sides are straight, offering much more resistence to bending. An example is a 2x4. If you try to bend it from the face (wide) sides, it's much easier to bend than from...
I was updating both my iPhone 5 and my iPad Air. Both seemed to finish the download (after an unholy amount of time, just like the iOS 8 upgrade the other day) and the "preparing the update" message. But then, both stated that I could " install now". I don't remember seeing the verication step. I've lost track. I don't recall if that means that everything is ready for the install itself, or whether I have to start from the beginning. Given that Apple supposedly withdrew...
It takes place after the download and the "Preparing the update". Then you get verification. After that, it installs.
This is very strange though. I always expect some minor bugs to be added with an update. It's normal, and it's just a fact of life.But these are major problems. While it seems as though many, if not most people, aren't having these problems, a lot are. One would think that major areas such as cell connectivity and Touch ID would have been tested to extinction. I wonder what these problems are coming from.However, Apple isn't the only with problems with updates. Microsoft...
I haven't tried that. But, now I'm downloading the updates for my phone and tablet, so we'll see what happens.By the way, now that Apple is serving updates through their own servers, speeds have been impossible.
If you're talking to me, it's my iPad, because I don't usually type posts into my iPhone. Maybe if I get the 6+, that will change.
I sure hope it fixes my freezing in safari bug that occurs whn I'm typing. It has already happened four times today.
I no longer understand what you're talking about. At least, I thought I understood before.You're using Gb, instead of GB. You're talking about a gigabit of RAM instead of a gigabyte of RAM. Do you realize that? We don't measure RAM in computers, or even in memory sticks, in bits. We measure them in bytes. A gigabyte of RAM remains a gigabyte of RAM no matter how wide the memory bus is.RAM manufacturers spec their chips as being bit wide. So a one Gigabit chip can be used...
It isn't whether 2GB draws too much power from the battery in and of itself. If Apple has certain specs for battery usage, and they looked at the design, and thought that something must go to meet those soecs, then it could be that the extra RAM was the easiest way to do it, and so the extra GB went away.I don't believe that the issue is whether 2GB draws too much, but rather that overall, they wanted the draw to be below a certain number, and what was the easiest way to...