or Connect

Posts by melgross

It fixed my problem of the App Store not accepting my username or password. Boy, that was frustrating. Haven't had a chance to check anything else yet.
What I think isn't understood about Apple is that even though they have what I read as described as the best upper management team in the planet, they will make the occasional error. After all, they aren't robots. But they recover.And really, as a business, all they need to do is to be a little bit better than everyone else. And they certainly are that!
Well, I hope not, because you seemed to be. But what about what I said in that post? What is your argument here, the definition, or the consequences? I don't mind discussing it.
This isn't the first time Chen has said something stupid. He's not the only one. Some writers have problems in getting even the simplest thing correct.I read an article today about the electronic sim that Apple and Samsung are negotiating with the GSM group. He stated that this was a great idea, because not every one has the equipment and experience to change sims. Really, he said that!I told my daughter, and she began to laugh. So I suppose we can't all get the paper...
They are all saying the same thing as far as definitions go. I don't know what you're so upset about. This is a simple concept. The disagreements aren't in what rationality is, or efficiency. They disagree as to whether they are efficient, or rational, or by how much, or when, or how we can tell. That's different. Then it does become complex.Is that what you're arguing here?
They do. But, when they announced this new guidence scheme they said that their guidence should more closely reflect actual numbers. Don't you remember that? Previously, their guidence was so low, they were almost guaranteed a large beat.But the financial community, being what it is, is never satisfied. Personally, I'd prefer that companies don't give guidence at all. Many don't.
It's a very credible link, because it describes it EXACTLY as it is. Maybe you don't want to read it.I could say exactly the same thing about you.We can get link after link, and they will all say the same thing.
We can all echo the same thing. I recently read that the markets have gone up an average of 10% a year since 1928, not a typo.
Ok, I checked the number for last year, and it's higher than I thought. So it's 21%. Still, what I'm saying about straddling the consensus is right. That's what they expect in guidence. I'll tell you something, I've now seen three articles already talking how disappointing Apple's guidance is.I think it's all BS, I suppose you do too. But they look for things that do t always make sense. I can't stop them from doing it though.
Thanks for you sage advice. I've inly been doing this since 1963. Maybe some day I'll learn.