or Connect

Posts by melgross

I don't know if Jay-Z is naive, or whether he's full of it. Possibly some of both. It's hard to believe that he's "only" doing it for the artists. I'm sure he expects to make a fair amount of money from this. By the way, I've spoken to the CEO of Tidal several months ago. His idea is/was to get young people to subscribe to this so that they could get their feet in the water of high quality sound. Frankly, I told him that it wouldn't work. They're charging $20, or more, a...
And who knows, all those high level people they hired away from A123, the automotive battery company, might be engaged in battery development for more than computing devices.
I'm sure it's price. The replacement sapphire crystal for my smallest watch, which is a Baum Mercier, is close to $100. While Apple's volumes will bring theirs lower, it's still more expensive than glass. In a $349 product, even a $10 difference has an impact, no pun intended, though it's not a bad one.
Runners have been running for decades without GPS, and they can, and will continue to do so. I'm not saying that it isn't useful. All new technology adds to what we can do. But the question here is whether as a pacing device, this is useful without GPS, and the answer is yes.What you are forgetting, is that those here, or elsewhere, who are saying that this or that is required, and that since the watch doesn't have that, it's useless for what Apple is promoting it for, are...
Nobody wants any error. But there are a,says errors, even with equipment in a doctors Office. What matters is that it's close enough, and 5% Is close enough. We see results from some of the Android devices out there that are 50% off. For example, Samsung's phones have heart rate monitors that have been described as being as much as +75% to -50%. That's obviously useless. But you're wring in insisting that we need 1%. We don't. These are not devices that are used for...
Again, that's exactly what I said in the first place. Thanks for agreeing.
There's no work hardening in poly as there is in metal. Besides, work hardening requires serious bending. I believe that Apple used some sort of blend in their bodies, and that material is more brittle than pure poly.But I'd you do bend something seriously over time, you will weaken it. You also can't bend it back to its original shape.
That's a very unusual problem for poly. Poly bends, but doesn't break like that. All I can think of is that it's some sort of blend to give it more rigidity. I can take a thin piece of poly, say .375 x .128, and if it's long enough, bend it so that I've got a knot in it.
I don't see why. Curves aren't a problem. Thickness f plastic is a problem if you want stiffness in thinner bodies. But this series is less expensive, and going to plastic is giving that thinness race up.Hinges in laptops have always been a problem no matter what the material of the case. The poly bodies had no more problems with that than anything else. It's a matter of design. Its VERY hard to crack poly. It's just as easy to crack aluminum, easier, even. Apple's main...
That's what I just said.