or Connect

Posts by melgross

I've had three problems. One is that the auto signin we get on the upper left of the keyboard when tapping in a signin for a web sight, is gone. Whether that's intentional, I don't know, but I use it a lot. Two, and it's a much bigger problem, is that I can no longer sign into the App Store. Offhand, I don't remember the third.
For both of you guys:Cook has stated, in answer to the phone pricing question, that Apple has nothing against cheaper phones, and if they figure out how to make one that gives the Apple experience in a cheaper phone, they will make one. I agree.
It seems as though something is wrong then. It shouldn't do that. I would take it in.
That's a false argument. Right now, just like most every other phone on the planet, the iPhone is sold in many places. 75% of iPhone sales, according to Cook, a couple of quarters ago, when asked about that, are sold without subsidies. Just like most every other phone on the planet.If subsidies everywhere are ended, the iPhone will be affected just like every other phone, and particularly like the ones that sell for the same price. So nothing changes, particularly since...
It certainly read that way, since we were talking about it. But I suppose you can now state whatever you like about that.
I posted that link above. It's a good one. Not too complex. Read through it. Do t argue it before you read the whole thing.But really, surely you must the arguments for, and against the ration market, or, as some say, the rationality of the investment community. I shouldn't need to present an argument for you you heard it all before.
I bought 5,000 shares back then in 2004. It didn't seem like a lot of money then. Well, it wasn't, at $16.93 a share. I've been sorry I didn't buy a lot more. I was going to buy 10,000, even more, but decided not to. Diversity, and all that. So it was fairly small investment for me. But it's become a big one over time.
Look, I'll tell you who it benefits. It benefir those very large investors, and firms, that can make very quick massive trades before anyone else can. They benefit on small, short term rises and drops that we can never hope to manage. Read the link I posted above. Its not directly related, but it does give an idea how that happens.
This is a vey good, and simple, explaination of efficient(?) markets, and in the end, how rationality, or lack thereof, effects that efficiency.   http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/efficiency-and-rationality-in-financial-markets/
I've done well because I've resisted that "sell some and realize your gains" argument. If I had done that, I would have considerably less of it now.