or Connect

Posts by melgross

We were taking about Apple stock, weren't we? Straight buys?
One reason why Apple went up $43 the other day was because of surprising strength in Mac sales. I should say, continuing strength, pushing against falling Windows PC sales.and with that strength was a rise in MSRP of $20, while everyone else's is falling.
I buy a lot of stuff from them, but investing, even though it's been good up till now, if you got in fairly early, is a big risk. At some point, which we could be entering now, it's going to fall apart. Just one really bad quarter, and bam!
Lord, it's maddening. I'm on a number of financial and investment sites, and I constantly bring this up when we're discussing them. I just do t get it. I admit that Bezos is a very smart guy, to deny that would be stupid.But even very smart guys make mistakes. Heck, Jobs made more than a few. But Bezos's concept for the company was incorrect almost from the beginning. From the first holiday sales season after they began to get known, when they failed to ship enought...
Use a service such as Scotttrade. They charge $10 or less per trade. I use them for most of my trading these days, and have my big investment accounts elsewhere.
While I've argued about this on other sites, I believe very strongly that a lot of what Google does is for the publicity. Other things are just weird mistakes. As with Microsoft, hardware ain't their thing.
If you don't learn history, you are doomed to repeat other's mistakes. You aren't the first to make this incorrect comment. Jobs ok'd a stock split in 2005. I was the happy recipient of that.
Agreed. Coming up later this year will be three new 4.7" (assuming that's what the size will be) 64GB iPhones for us, as well as two full size 128GB, cell and GPS enabled iPads.Next year will be two more iPads, a Mac Pro, and possibly something else.I'm not alone in this.Oh, I almost forgot...I know a lot of people buying iPhones. More than a few have, as a result, and the continued use of my iPad, bought their own iPads, and some are now buying new computers, from guess...
Right. One of the main reasons for this split is so small traders can be into the 100 share buy/sell number. That's a standard order size. There are reasons why one would prefer to work with that size, or even multiples thereof.A lessor reason is that it makes it possible for Apple to get included in the DOW, though I'm not a fan of the useless Dow.
You can't go by earnings per share without having other information. How many shares are there? How big is the company? What are sales, etc. Facebook had a very good quarter. Above expectations.