or Connect

Posts by melgross

Cash and investments actually shrunk from $159 billion to $150 billion because of increased use of that cash.
One of the problems here is I thinking that everything will remain the same except for the addition of touch. I don't believe that will be true. I would like the option, not the requirement. I now do a lot of work on my iPad that I ordinarily would do on my Mac Pro. That includes video and photo editing, CAD, etc. a bigger screen would make that all better.I don't see it as being out of the realm of possibility that apps on the Mac could have two UIs. You could make a...
Your understanding is incorrect. It's true that there will always be people who can't get newer things. After all, when the mouse and pull down me he's first came out, and everyone was using two and three key commands to do everything, it was said that a mouse and drop down me yes were fine for newbees, but for serious work, it wasn't any good because you had to remove your hand from the keyboard.So we're seeing the same thing here now. You seem to be a perfect example of...
Yes, for a vertical screen. But that really narrow thinking. It doesn't have to remain vertical. There are many times when touch is vastly better than a mouse and keyboard. But then, you really need to use some serious software that enables this for a while to appreciate it, so I understand why some don't get it.
I still think Apple should make a touch screen iMac. With the two patents they have for sliding stands for an iMac, or equivalent, it would work just fine. I'd love a monitor that could slide from vertical to just slightly slanted. That would be the best of two worlds. And if it were able to enable high quality pressure sensitivity as well, it would be perfect for Photoshop, and other drawing applications, such as Illustrator, and my CAD software.The truth is that I'm so...
This isn't what you were saying before. Patents are written as broadly as possible so as to cover as many possible uses of it as possible. Of course, that always been the case. But it's up to the courts to decide, in any individual case brought before it, whether or not that patent is valid, or whether it's broadness is valid. Of course, an entity can ask the patent Office to review the patent in questions, and will often (but not always) do so.But it costs the government...
Wow! We agree. That's great!Let's try to find some other points of common ground.
I know you were joking. Focus after the fact would be a great thing if all the other factors were equal, but they're not. If you want a 4x5 image blown up to 8x10, then you'll be happy.But after the fact focus doesn't make up for a soft, low detail image. And, most importantly, most images are out of focus by just a little bit. If the image was hi Rez, and it could be refocused, that would be great! But if the focussed image is softer than the out of focus portion you care...
Not even close. I guarantee if you have a good quality image from a 5S, and the same image from this, you would prefer the 5S one.
2.5MP.