or Connect

Posts by melgross

I guess I would like to see Apple do one. It could be interesting. But now there's a standard set of API's for this that Apple introduced. So controllers should do the same things the same way, and games should see them the same way as they do in PC games, and console games. I would imagine that Apple will make sure they all work the same way.
This is the first gen controllers. We have to see how well they sell, and how much game support they garner. I imagine a that a second gen bunch of products will come down in price. I read in touch arcade that he thinks Apple is setting prices for these controllers, in exchange for the ability to do whatever developers must do to get Apple's endorsement as an official iOS product. Maybe, but I'm not so sure as to why Apple would want such high prices for these as they must...
It looks sufficiently different to me.
I'm not sure Steve had anything against game controllers per se. People like to talk about how he hated the idea of a stylus too. But when I bought my first iPad, back in may of 2010, the first day the cell version came out, I was asked, in the Apple store if I wanted a stylus, which I promptly bought. No one can say that .steve was so against the idea that he prevented their sales directly from Apple. He just didn't want the devices to be requiring them for most uses.I...
According to Tough arcade! when reviewing the steel case controller! there is no perceptible latency from BT.
Not sure about the name, but the shape seems androgynous enough. They're all pretty much the same, except for so go subtle differences, such as the length of the handles and such.
It's a chicken and the egg sort of thing. I think that developers are somewhat excited, or at least interested in this. But unless they see people willi g to buy a controller, they may not rush into it, as a few have done so far. Apple says it's easy, but as usual, it's more complex than that.Apple required that games retain the on screen controls for those not buying a controller, even if they can be hidden when a controller is used. That's difficult. I believe that games...
Ok, so yes, it's expensive as are the others right now. I read the review on Touch Arcade. Some things were very good, and others not so good. But I think that overall, this is worth buying, even with the so far, slim game support. I have no doubt that it will substantionally increase. But for that to happen more quickly, people have to show that it matters to them. Despite the thinking in Touch arcade that this pricing is somehow motivated by Apple, I think it's more a...
You misunderstand what you said. You are claiming that Apple paid $18 for memory, and is charging $300. That means that you saying that they are charging so much for that memory, that they are making almost all profit from that memory, and we were talking about their memory pricing, and then you brought up their gross margins on the phone. I'm not making anything up, just talking about what YOU said.I'm saying that the $18 number is wrong, and that from my knowledge of...
Yes, well, that's because a large portion of those Mini sales are to companies who use them as small, self contained servers. So for that market, two internal HDD's or SSD's makes sense. And than, Apple is forcing the removal of optical, and gives more room.If they didn't have that server market, they would have shrunk the height of the Mini so that only one drive could fit.But what would have been the point to two drives in the new Mac Pro? I don't see it. If you're...