or Connect

Posts by melgross

We can all understand why he wants this. But even if these companies agreed to it, it would take time for it to happen. By then, Blackberry might be out of the phone business.He's been talking about monetizing BBM since he first got there. He's still talking about it. But he's been there for a while now, and it hasn't halpened yet. Despite all of his talk about it, possibly they've put feelers out to their commercial and government clients, and they've been negative. If...
Well, he was talking about major services, not every minor app. So GMail, iMessage, Android messaging, Netflix, and some other major services.
Seriously? You can't tell the difference? No one was demanding that Blackberry open up BBM. It was Blackberry that decided to do that. They did it because there aren't enough Blackberry users to support it, and they still think that they can monetize it with Ads, subscription fees, or both. That's nuts! But BBM's user base hasn't grown since the first quarter it came out. It's essencially, a failure. So now he's demanding that other companies be forced to support...
Very interesting. The only computer you mentioned that I haven't used, or even knew about was the Smoke Signal Broadcasting. I used to love the Northstar demos at the computer shows with the wireframe figures revolving about. My girlfriend at the time, since then, my wife, used to really like those.I think we've taken the standard UIs about as far as they can go. There are continued refinements, but they're all just that, refinements. To make the next leap, we've got to go...
I hardly see the point to it then. That's basically an iPad with keyboard.
Um, I'm missing something here, aren't I?
It's hard to say. But in a tablet the power envelope is greater, so it doesn't matter as much.
Not just uncool, but useless.
I'm not reaching at all. If you have an iPhone or iPad, try it. Turn on some apps that you know will work in the background, such as gps apps, audio measuring apps, etc., and do a test. You'll be surprised at how bad those numbers will come out.What I'm saying, which you would have understood if you read carefully, is that having apps on in the background significantly affects performance testing. On iOS, turning the phone off completely and turning it back on eliminates...
I've found some other articles which I've bookmarked. But it's really difficult to find what I've read, or even bookmarked a few months ago. Remember, it's really been just since about 2010 that Qualcomm has been heavily making and selling SoCs. When TI dropped out, Qualcomm scooped up their share, which, by itself was fairly big. So I've got another article that says they're the Intel of mobile processors, etc. but other than articles from 2011-2013, I can't find numbers,...