or Connect

Posts by melgross

Of course they do. But parents who decide to home school are much more biased. If they weren't, they wouldn't be home schooling in the first place.
I don't think we disagree too much on that last part then. I also prefer clear separation between church and state. My concern is that that separation is withering away.
If you're talking about parroting, you're parroting what home schoolers say. How is that different? I've worked in the NYC school system as a volunteer since my daughter was in kindergarten. I spent a lot of time working with the central board. I've got some familiarity with it.Home schooling almost always means that ones teacher is ones parent. That alone is limiting. It's not like talking to a real, objective teacher. The parent is still the parent. And there's no...
When I say State, I'm including those who are part of that process. There is no such thing as the "state" as an independent entity. It consists of the people in it. In addition, many of the laws, including the Constitution itself, are done behind closed doors. We, The People, take no direct part in it. In fact, it's long been said that if the Constitutional Congress worked out in the open, the Constitution would never have been written. There were, and are, too many...
I think you lack the understanding of how societies work when you say that. But then, you also seem to think that home schooling is the best. That tends to lead to very unbalanced education, and a lack of social skills.
If you think that what I said was blaming the victim, then you don't know what it means to blame a victim. If you won't acknowledge that people can do things that aren't the smartest, then there is no way to hold a conversation. What exactly are you advocating? Are you saying that people should do something that will make them vulnerable because it won't be their fault if something happens? Is that what you're saying?I don't walk in known bad neighborhoods at night if I...
I read that in a number of sites. Apple has said that it was a small number of people who had their user names and passwords compromised. They did update iCloud security. By password generator I mean computers making up passwords at a rapid rate and feeding it into the box until one hits. I'm not talking about a password generator like the one Adobe gave me to generate a specific password for their software when I was beta testing. It wasn't the best term to use. It just...
Firstly, I'm stating the facts as they are. But it's up to you to determine if the state is doing a good job or not. All states use propaganda to further their needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I was taught in school that a democracy was a good thing, and that voting and other community affairs were important in furthering that. It's the fault of people who haven't been doing their job in voting that are a big part of the problem. The state failed in educating...
That's nonsense! When Apple was the leader in battery life, and these bigger phones started to come out, they had poorer battery life. The excuse then was that battery life was poorer BECAUSE they were bigger, and sucked much more battery life. So now, because some are getting better battery life, it's BECAUSE they are bigger? Really?The S series went from 5 hours plus to 10 hours plus. How much bigger is the screen? It's not THAT much bigger. They just decided to put a...
Exactly! Six months isn't all that long. And what matters is not what we see when a device first comes out, but what happens over the lifetime of that device. For another couple of weeks, until the phone is actually out, it's the current model, measured against all other current models. The same thing was true a month ago when this test was made, and a month or so before that, etc.If you only consider what we see that first day, then you are missing much of it. And the S5...