or Connect

Posts by melgross

the numbers for the watch industry show the average price for a Swiss watch to be $739 last year. So Apple could price it that way. There were over 29 million Swiss watches sold last year, so that's a large enough group to be selling to. If Apple sold it for somewhat less, say $600, as a number I've been seeing written about, then it would be in the lower side of the average. That would be tempting.]
Of course, if Apple maintains the $99 pricing on the ATv, then there is no chance any top model SoC will ever get inside.
What are you talking about! There are no Samsung "champions" here. Least if all, me. But you are using an article in Barron's, a company that has no real record of predicting anything Apple does, as fact. You are not allowing that all the other information otherwise has any possibility.At the very least, you need to acknowledge that the 90% of the evidence and writing on the other side of this issue COULD be correct. But you don't.And what do you mean "wrong again"? What...
Nobody ever said that Samsung had the majority share of A8 production. Nobody! In fact, it was surprising that they had part of it, which they did, despite someone here stating otherwise.I don't understand your attitude in this. I already sent a link to show that Samsung has beaten TSMC in the ability to produce FinFet, which is an important step in 14-16nm production. You seem to be the only one denying any of this. And you're so forceful about it too. Instead of making...
That's really missing the point. Look, there are small companies that jazz up an iPhone to the number of $1 million. There are several that go to $100 thousand, or so. We have Vertu, that sells Android based phones that use a standard mid level phone, but have them in cases so that they sell for a minimum of about $3,500, and go to over $100 thousand. They offer a concierge service too, but still...So paying a lot for a piece of electronics isn't unheard of, even though it...
Not as much as it used to be. At one time, there was a big fight over whether the S40 series from Nokia were smartphones or feature phones, for example. The iPhone, when it came out that first year, was never described, by Apple, as a smartphone, and going by the standards these days, it would have been right between a featurephone and a smartphone.But yes, there are a number of AOSP phones that could be described as feature phones, in the practical sense.
You're right. I have several watches, some are expensive, and several are moderately priced. But they are all different. I don't buy the same model that been slightly modified over the years, as watchmakers often do, as fashion dictates. Upgrading to a higher model? Well maybe. I don't, but I suppose others might as they're financial situation rises over the years. But I normally only keep one smartwatch.I was thinking or a worst case situation for Apple.Had to fix this...
Watches, even smart watches, are more of a fashion thing than they are a practical thing. Yes, there are people who buy watches more for practicality than fashion, but these are mostly low end buyers.What most people don't seem to know, as I read that "nobody buys a watch these days", is that while there were about 1.3 billion smartphones sold last year worldwide, there were also around 1.2 billion watches sold. That's hardly nobody.It's true that most of these watches...
I wonder what their definition of smartwatch is? We had this definitional problem early in the era of smartphones.
As far as I know, last year was the first year in which they went to a second supplier, and they still use Samsung for SoCs. It's risky moving to a new supplier.