or Connect

Posts by melgross

That's right. It may not be fair perhaps, but it's the way it works. If a company that's losing sales and profits, and has its shares in a long, slow, decline, does less worse than expected, its stock goes up. If a company that's growing and shows good profits, with its stock on a slow long rise, grows less, and has less profits than expected, its stock goes down. Makes little sense to me, but there you have it.
I disagree. I would prefer it the other way around. Ive never seen evidence that buybacks do anything more than a tempory stock rise.. Apple's price rises because of strong sales and profits, not buybacks.
Actually, you're not right. What was Apple's stock at then, and what is it now? Does that seem flat to you
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but what they look at is what the growth has actually been, and how the company thinks it's going to move going forward. You know that. I'm not looking at the market right now, because the service isn't working for some reason, but I do think that it went down much too much, if what people are reporting is true.
Actually, they do. After all, stock and P/E is a result of expectations of revenue and profits going forward. Apple gives an expectation of what that will be. If it's below what's expected, then the stock will drop. Match that to expected results for the reported quarter, and there you have it. Seriously, if this isn't understood, then people shouldn't be in the market.
it's not. 20% is disappointing. It's been up over 30% all previous quarters this year.
Here's why the numbers are dropping after hours.   http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-logs-q3-beat--but-q4-sales-outlook-disappoints--204759056.html
Hmm. A bit disappointed at Mac sales.
I've had a few problems with iOS 9.
I don't think Apple wants its own fab any more than they do manufacturing lines for their devices. When you have your own fab, you're responsible for every step. You've got to fill that fab, and 14nm fabs cost over $8 billion, with estimates for 10nm fabs at over $10 billion. Then there is the work force, and maintenance, etc. It's just easier to go to a company that doing that already. It also takes years to get this right. A new fab won't be competitive until the next...