or Connect

Posts by melgross

Yeah. Cook said that there were 200 million people who could already use this. Maybe we're wrong, and the iPhone 5S is usable.
It will also work using the iWatch through the old iPhone 5, and 5S. But by the end of next year, we'll see a lot of iPhones sold that will use this directly. I believe my numbers are fairly close.The way you have to do this now is why it's not popular. Yes, techies will use it as a matter of pride, but for most others, it's way too much of a pain. And as I mentioned, and you agree with, it's limited to small purchases, just a few times a day. Basically, it's almost...
Well, I don't really want to get into a political and economic war here, but Germany is directly responsible for many of the problems the EU is having. And it's interesting that every decision that Germany has made that has resulted in deeper recession everywhere else in the EU, has benefitted them. Everyone e who understands economics knows that when economic times are bad, you spend your way out of it, and you don't tell countries to tighten up, which just results in...
I've read the opposite. We'll see.
It's a matter of cost. Apple stated in their presentation, that 220,000 locations will accept this in the beginning. That sounds like a lot. But it's also why Google Wallet failed. There are between 10-15 million retail locations in the USA alone. That makes the 220,000 seem like nothing at all.How much will a terminal cost, and how many will a retail outfit need? When replacing terminals as an upgrade the retailer makes every so often, it will make sense to replace them...
Not quite. It's been pointed out in a couple of financial articles that, as usual, the credit card companies will be responsible for fraud charges.
Discover announced, either yesterday, or this morning, that they are negotiating with Apple. Apple has the six biggest issuing banks, with 83% of the credit cards issued! and no doubt, the smaller banks will follow.Obviously, Apple wasn't going to even bother with the small banks until they had this in hand, which they now do.Paypal announced it will work with Apple pay, and Square just abandoned their own Wallet in favor Apple's. This is going to move everywhere. We can...
If that were the case, yes. But it won't be one in a thousand customers. It will be, at first, one in fifteen, in the EU. One in five in Japan, and one in four in the USA. Those numbers will go up. iOS users have been shown to spend much more than other mobile users. That's with iOS devices, and in general. That makes up for lack of majority status.
There isn't one. There are now three major groups that are pushing their unique methods. None have caught on. The crappy way it's done now is not considered to be secure, which is a major reason why purchasing power has been limited so much. This is the first major improvement to mobile payment systems that has a chance of being successful.
The problem in the EU and, Eastern Europe, is that credit card fraud has been much higher than in the USA. That's one reason why so many transactions had been required through a debit card rather than through a credit card. Here, debit cards are still well behind credit cards in usage. It's also why chipped cards were forced in Europe, and have been gives the cold shoulder here, so far, at least.This is much more secure than chipped cards, which have been shown to not be...