or Connect

Posts by melgross

You're twisting things around that weren't said, or said in the way you think they were said. You're confusing yourself.It's pretty simple. Similarly priced phones have about the same amount of subsidy. Similarly priced phones are comparable, because people often decide what price they will pay for a phone, either subsidized, or at full price. So they "compare" those phones.But if they like one phone more than another, in large numbers, those comparable phones end up with...
Most people would disagree with you.
Only if you carry over your payments. If you pay it at the end of the month, there are no further charges other than a possible yearly fee, which is small. We buy almost everything through AmEx. We pay it every month. For the small amounts that might require Visa or MasterCard, we pay those off too.
He stated that in a conference call a couple of quarters ago, or so. I listen to all those calls, so I hear those statements. You'd need to find a transcription somewhere. Despite what you think, as you always pop in when I say things like that, I never make things up. There's no point. But that doesn't mean it is easy to find.
These companies are doing Current C at the instigation of Walmart, which hates credit card companies. The concept here is that instead of recognising a credit card, you will have your money taken right out of your bank account, thereby eliminating the credit card fees they now pay, which will then be available to add to their profits. We can see how customer friendly this is, and why it's thought that it won't succeed.
Well, it's the same for all quality watches with sapphire covers.
No. It's just that they're sold at full price wherever they're sold. Many carriers charge less if you come with your own phone . AT&T has a plan for that, as an example.
It's a subsidy to the carrier. Most people know full well that they are overpaying for their phones when buying a subsidized phone on a plan. But they don't care. It's that their upfront costs are so much lower. That's what they care about.Look, it's like credit card bills. Most people have a balance at the end of the month that they're paying anywhere from 18-24% interest on. Do they care? Not one whit! All they care about is that they can buy that product that otherwise...
If the phone price rapidly drops to free, then the manufacturer and the carrier take the hit. We've seen this for Windows phones, where a new top line model drops from $199 to $99 in a month, then to free a month later. It's the manufacturer who takes that drop. The subsidy remains the same, unless sales are so bad that the carrier demands that the subsidy be lowered as well. It's why we haven't seen a new top line Win Phone in some time.
Yes, I agree. There's something wrong with the reporting one this here. Either there's information missing that would enable us to understand the charts better, or something else is not right. The numbers for the phones look weird. But he could be saying that sales for the phones will drop next quarter, which would be expected, as that's what happens every year.