or Connect

Posts by melgross

My broker just called me to let me know, and to also tell me that it won't be available for after hours trading Friday. He knows I know this, but he's calling all the Apple clients.I haven't checked my emails to see if Scottrade is letting me know this on my account there.
For my sake, I hope you're both right. Open at $100, and zip right to $150.
Stocks are easier to buy in standard blocks such as 50 shares, 100 shares, etc. selling too.
I'm giving you a warning.
It isn't really relevant to this discussion, as I'm certain you know. But if you really felt is was so important that you just had to include it, fine. Now drop it.
Sure, and those are minimal functions that a cheap smart watch can get away with. But try to add functionality, such as a color screen, higher resolution, a more powerful SoC, etc. and things fall apart. We saw that with Samsung's offerings, as well as those from others so far.Look at how long it's taking Apple to get their product out.
The Pebble is kind of cute, in a cheap Chic kind of way. It doesn't do all that much, but since it's cheap, it's users don't expect it to do much, so they are happy with it.
Or, go up, as small investors jump into the stock.
I don't believe that. If negotiations have gone this far, it means that Apple has done their due diligence of the company. Look at the trouble Hp got into because they didn't do a responsible due diligence of Autonomy. But Apple is known to be cheap. It could be that they just don't feel that the company, from an accounting viewpoint, is worth another $50 million. That would be foolish, if they're looking to the future, and believe they need to lock this company's IP up.
Well, I've been reading some interesting stuff about that as well. It seems that Beats is incorporated in Ireland, where, as we know, Apple also has a financial stake. The financial analysts believe that Apple can use their foreign cash to buy them. Doing that will make the deal worth $2 billion rather than $3.2 billion, because of the tax savings. This makes the deal look a lot better, assuming that Dr. Dre's ranting hasn't killed the deal already.And don't forget that...