or Connect

Posts by melgross

Look at Apple's size. While they can still have a LOT of growth, it's slowing down next year. Maybe the year after, it will move up again with a completely new phone. But Apple can't do to much with computers, as much of the advances depend on Intel's chips. I would have bought new iMacs for my wife and daughter last year, but they weren't great. So, I'm buying them now.
Mac Sales up just 3.3%.iPad sales down 23%.Next quarter's guidance 4%, though Cook said that it was actually between 8-10%. I suppose he's talking around the currency headwind. But that's ptetty much flat overall from last year's december quarter.
That always happens. The first few drive the stock up. If its a really good quarter, the stock drifts upward as the evening goes by. But while this was another record quarter, tPad sales, and next quarter's guidance bothered them. look, I get it. It bothers me too, and it should bother you as well. When sales are estimated to be close to flat, then they're also close to a drop.
I'd bet that if iPad sales were down just 10% vs the 23%, the stock would be up several percent right now.
I think you guys are overdoing it a bit. Apple's stock went up a lot because sales went up a lot. As sales seem to be flattening, and iPad sales continue to drop a lot, they're going to be wary. Let's try to avoid shrill reasoning for them. 
To be fair, Last December' quarter, growth was about 30%. If Apple guided 30% for this December quarter, Apple would be up over $20 now.
Analysts don't support a company. That's not their job. They may not feel strongly about Apple, but that's what they think. It's not a deliberate thing.
yes. I'd love to know what sales are now that Apple bought themY
Cook states that their guidence is really 8-10%
I wish people would stop knocking Beats/ Last year they had $1.3 billion in headphone sales, more than the rest of the headphone industry combined, and about $300 million profit on those sales.