or Connect

Posts by melgross

I don't know what he's planning on, but I also don't know why people seem to think he's involved in advanced batteries, because he's not.Tesla buys their batteries from Panasonic. These are not leading edge batteries. They are the cheapest batteries that he can buy with good output. This is really pretty well known in the auto and battery industries. But Musk cultivates this aura, that he's another Steve Jobs. The Tesla is not so leading edge. It's pretty conventional,...
I believe that Apple's long term plans is to have Touch ID in all their mobile devices, and possibly in all of their devices, period.I also believe that they have the same plans for Apple Pay. But we should know Apple well enough to know that they do things in stages.
I think what happened was that it was expected that the 5C would be about 50% of sales, but instead ended up at about 30%. While that was characterized as a failure, to a certain point, it still outsold the Galaxy S4, and then the S5.I've thought that Apple's plan was to have a phone that was $100 less to produce as a new phone, so that they could drop the out of contract price to below $400 after some time. While dropping the price of a $650 phone that far is difficult,...
Yes, I read that. But what I said is that they're main selling point is the uncompressed stream. Without that, they are nothing more than an unknown streaming service with nothing to offer that's better than any other service, and that the uncompressed service has already been running. I know this for a fact.They are offering the cheap service because, as I told the CEO, there is no major market for the service they started out with, they weren't planning to offer a...
I don't know if Jay-Z is naive, or whether he's full of it. Possibly some of both. It's hard to believe that he's "only" doing it for the artists. I'm sure he expects to make a fair amount of money from this. By the way, I've spoken to the CEO of Tidal several months ago. His idea is/was to get young people to subscribe to this so that they could get their feet in the water of high quality sound. Frankly, I told him that it wouldn't work. They're charging $20, or more, a...
And who knows, all those high level people they hired away from A123, the automotive battery company, might be engaged in battery development for more than computing devices.
I'm sure it's price. The replacement sapphire crystal for my smallest watch, which is a Baum Mercier, is close to $100. While Apple's volumes will bring theirs lower, it's still more expensive than glass. In a $349 product, even a $10 difference has an impact, no pun intended, though it's not a bad one.
Runners have been running for decades without GPS, and they can, and will continue to do so. I'm not saying that it isn't useful. All new technology adds to what we can do. But the question here is whether as a pacing device, this is useful without GPS, and the answer is yes.What you are forgetting, is that those here, or elsewhere, who are saying that this or that is required, and that since the watch doesn't have that, it's useless for what Apple is promoting it for, are...
Nobody wants any error. But there are a,says errors, even with equipment in a doctors Office. What matters is that it's close enough, and 5% Is close enough. We see results from some of the Android devices out there that are 50% off. For example, Samsung's phones have heart rate monitors that have been described as being as much as +75% to -50%. That's obviously useless. But you're wring in insisting that we need 1%. We don't. These are not devices that are used for...
Again, that's exactly what I said in the first place. Thanks for agreeing.