or Connect

Posts by melgross

That's a very unusual problem for poly. Poly bends, but doesn't break like that. All I can think of is that it's some sort of blend to give it more rigidity. I can take a thin piece of poly, say .375 x .128, and if it's long enough, bend it so that I've got a knot in it.
I don't see why. Curves aren't a problem. Thickness f plastic is a problem if you want stiffness in thinner bodies. But this series is less expensive, and going to plastic is giving that thinness race up.Hinges in laptops have always been a problem no matter what the material of the case. The poly bodies had no more problems with that than anything else. It's a matter of design. Its VERY hard to crack poly. It's just as easy to crack aluminum, easier, even. Apple's main...
That's what I just said.
Polycarbonate is very tough. Nokia has made polycarbonate phones for several years, quite successfully. Microsoft has taken that over, and continues to use poly.Many people think of acrylic when they think of cracking. Acrylic is brittle, and will easily crack with a decent blow, or twist. But poly is almost unbreakable. I build a lot of things with it. It's not as stiff as acrylic though. ABS is also used for phone bodies, and it's also pretty rugged, but it's hard to...
We can't tell from the "fact" that the camera isn't going to protrude that it will be using the older design. I assume it will because of cost and differentiation. But the polycarbonate shell is notably thicker, and that difference could allow a 6 camera to be flush. Again, I'm not saying it would use that, just that the flush lens itself means nothing.
As I say, too much is being made of this. I simply don't believe that Apple is doing this willy nilly. Apple takes their time. And sometimes that time seems glacial. But when it comes to something like this, where they are making such a massive push into health, I simply do not believe that they would have the watch be so inaccurate as to be useless. If it differs from the phone by a percent, or so, it's of no importance. And no one here can point to any knowledge that...
I've got watches with sapphire covers, and watches with "hardened mineral glass" covers. And over the years, it's always been the glass covers that have been gauged and broken. A couple of those sapphire covers are flush with the watch case, and are therefore not protected. Don't believe those who say how easily sapphire cracks.
Guys, while gps tells the device where your are at any time, a pedometer does not need it to measure the number of paces you take. Mechanical pedometers have been around for decades. Athletes have been using them for decades. You need to manually set your pace length if you want to see how far you've gone. These things do work. But, if you're off by an inch, and don't know it, an easy error to make, your distance will be off. The watch also does not need gps to know how...
Aperture sizes, and zoom. Zoom is an internal group shift, as you know, so, with all of this newfound room, that can now be done.It's difficult to know the extent of the impact an iPhone would have with a built in 3:1 optical zoom, but it will, at least, be significant.
Good. Companies working around privacy rules. Particularly when they really amount to fraud, such as this really is, by pretending to be the user the self, is really egreous. I've been disappointed that the system here didn't take this to trial as well.