or Connect

Posts by melgross

I've never understood this subvocalizing thing. Except for in the movies, and on Tv, I really don't see people doing that. I don't know if it's even a real thing. How does one do that? I've tried, and it never seems to work. I don't mean actually using it with something, I mean just trying to do it. Maybe for a few words meant to invoke something. But actual speech? I doubt it. We need our tongue and mouth for that. Then it's no longer subvocalizing, it's whispering.Well,...
Still don't remember that.But I imagine your baby steps are the logical way to go in the beginning.After all, typing is a learned motor skill that actually rewires your brain, just as learning a musical instrument, or sports does. That is, an actual physical rewiring, and nerve cell growth. It's why a lot of people, particularly the better typists, have problems adjusting to virtual keyboards. Their brain has, over time, wired itself for those particular motor skills. Then...
But it would need to be an ARM app. So what's the point? If I'm running OS X, I want all of the 200+ OS X apps I now have to run on it. I've accumulated those apps over years, and I expect to run them on any OS X device that powerful enough. So, yes, I exoect Adobe's Cc to run, if the processor can handle it, and Office, the few times a need it, and everything else. I don't want to wait for apps to come out over the next few years.You won't be able to run any of the apps...
That's actually a good point. Good catch.
Except that you're wrong in this. This particular thing he's asking for is silly. But when a company's a monopoly, there are things they can't do, and things they must do. This is VERY American. It comes from the 19th century, when they already understood that unbridled capitalism would be dangerous to our way of life.So for you to make generalized statements like that is wrong. It shows a misunderstanding of society and the need to keep major entities from just taking...
I think we can all recognize when something's major, and something's minor. If almost everyone uses something, it's major, if almost no one does, it's minor. There are hundreds of messaging apps out there. Almost none of them are used by more than a tiny fraction of the population. They are all minor. iMessage is used by hundreds of millions of people, so it's major. There are numerous Tv and movie apps that rent the content the way Netflix does, but how many people...
Apple released the protocols to the standards association several years ago. It's up to other companies to support them, rather than that of their own software. If they don't want to do that, then people should be blaming them, and not Apple.
Are you sure you actually use Apple products? You know that iChat was discontinued several years ago.Apple is not the worlds biggest phone maker. They are not the worlds biggest smartphone maker.Quite frankly, this looks like a troll post, and I came very close to deleting it.
Don't hyperventilate over this. it's not as serious as you're making it out to be.
I don't know what your problem is. I have no problems using iMessage with my Android using friends. And you can always use Skype.