or Connect

Posts by melgross

It doesn't read like you do. There are differing controllers for racing games, air battle games, and so on. Wireless motion controllers work very well for many games. I'm not saying that the iphone, or iTouch is an ideal shape for this. But I'm doing it, and it works just fine for those games for which a 3D controller is designed. One major point to this is the cost of controllers. If you can use your phone, you MAY not need to buy a controller for a while, or not at all....
Where are you getting this information from? Games have been programmed for multiple cores for some time. This is like a discussion from time gone by.But 10 3 core SoCs? No way. Very little software uses more than four cores. And you wouldn't get 10 times the performance, you would get something like 7 times the performance.You're a,so talking as though the CPU doesn't matter. It does. Without the CPU being able to feed the GPU at the correct rate, the GPU sits doing...
No it doesn't. I really don't think you play many games. There are different kinds of controllers for different games. For the racing games, as I mentioned, it does make a fine controller now. In fact, the standard console controllers make terrible controllers for racing games. There are all kinds of controllers, some of those for racing cost hundreds of dollars. Do you need that? No, but people buy them.
I agree. I'm one of these who loves the complex, partly to mostly, hand manufactured nature of the high quality mechanical watch, and I have a few.But, except for the really higher priced brands, a lot of medium priced watches will disappear. By medium priced, I meant from about $400 to $2,000. Cheap watches will remain, because they are cheap. Really high priced ones will remain because they are mostly a status symbol no matter what the companies and the watch owners say...
I've also read that after the Apple Watch became available here, in the USA, other watch sales dropped by 18%. For those who are wondering why traditional watchmakers are concerned about the Apple Watch, and are cozying to Android Wear, that's why.
The Apple Watch is a hardware product beside the software. Android wear is just software. While I would bet that if medium, and high, priced watch makers could get the insides of the Apple Watch for themselves from Apple, and then build their own cases around it, as most do for mechanical movements, they would beat each other up climbing over each other to get to Apple's door.But they can't.They can get Android wear though.
To be fair, most watches look alike. I could pick a dozen $5,000, and up, watches, put them in front of you, and without looking closely, you would have a difficult time telling one from the other.What I'm surprised about here, is that while most Fossil watches are cheap, at least, within the price restrictions, they are stylish, and differentiated. For them to use the same cheap, and crappy screen the Motorola does, is a disappointment.I've seen the LG Urbane up close and...
You're giving your own private reason for something which doesn't match today's agreed upon meaning. You can do that, but you're out in nowhere's land.I didn't say the iPhone wasn't powerful enough, you just did. Jobs didn't like it being referred to as a smartphone. He said that several times. And the reason why, according to today's standards, that it might not have been, had nothing to do with power, as it was as powerful as anything else at the time. It was because it...
Risks, with content? How can they take risks? Use content without a deal as both Amazon and Google attempted to do? That's not Apple. They can't do what content owners won't allow.The new atv should be a lot more powerful than these other devices. That will make a difference. And neither Amazon nor Roku have the equivalent App Stores that Apple has. Amazon's is pitiful.Being able to play the same game on the iPhone, iPad and aTv is a major advantage, if iCloud keeps the...
Yet downloads of apps keep rising at a good clip.