or Connect

Posts by melgross

I'm not even concerned with i5 comparisons. What intrigues me is that this is now around i3 low power performance. That, in itself, is major. We're talking about an SoC that is likely the most expensive SoC around, but that is probably no more than about $40, possibly less. The i3, plus support chips, costs around $140. That price difference alone, is a major accomplishment.Now, I'd love to see a notebook with two, giving six cores, and double the graphics performance. Six...
I can have ten tabs open. Mostly, they are from threads I am in. I've got three open from AI, another two from ArsTechnica. Some from financial sites, etc. I'm not using them as bookmarks. I'm sure others use them for the same purposes.But, and here's the thing about page refresh, when in a forum, you want the page to refresh when you reopen it. Most sites don't have push on forums, so if you use the cached page, you don't get the newest posts. So it would be; tap on page,...
Why are you bothering to say things we already know?
No. It's Gingerbread, and newer. It's just an Android problem that I've seen over the years. Some phone model and OS configurations seem to have odd problems like this. Some lack in the electronics, possibility.
I have to agree with him on this. It will take a long time before credit cards are obsolete. I assume that you do know this. While there are about 220,000 terminals that can accept this once they are updated to do so, it's estimated that there are between 10 and 15 million point of purchase sites in retail around the country. Almost all accept credit cards, and all accept cash.Around the world, the situation is the same. Apple Pay will take some time to roll out to every...
Yes, I investigate this. I have several friends with Android phones who are stuck on older versions of Wallet. When they try to update it, they are given a message which reads something like this:This phone/OS does not support this version.This reminds me of the situation shortly after Android first came out. I said that many Android phones won't be able to update, and many won't be able to update more than once. I was flamed, here, and in other places, by Android users....
What has to be pointed out about Android, even though we all know it, is that many people don't have the ability to use the latest and the greatest. I know people who do have to do those things, because they are stuck with older forms of Google wallet, because their phones haven't yet been able to get the latest from Google. That will be true for some time. So, yes, there are many people who must unlock their phone then unlock Wallet. There are some that still must load...
Don't try to move the discussion away from its more important parts. Of course Google privacy "stuff" is important. When it becomes part of the transaction, it is important. Why should Goog,e know what I'm buying, where, how much, what time, etc? That's none of their business, and it makes the transaction much less secure. Google,s servers have been hacked into many times. At least once a year, they get breaches in their GMail accounts, etc. Why should we believe that...
You are going overboard with you statements, and you know it. This is the real world that most of us live in. We can do what is allowable, and available. Credit cards are safer, and mire secure, in that you don't have to carry thousands in cash with you when making a big purchase. Google wallet is safer, and more secure, than credit cards, and Apple Pay is safer and more secure than Google Wallet. You don't have to like that, and you can squirm around in attempting to...
If you're as snarky as you are here, I wouldn't be surprised if someone turns around and punches you out. It's easy to be snarky online. Don't try that with people you don't know. Life isn't a situation comedy.Hopefully, you are joking.