or Connect

Posts by melgross

T-Mobile sucks big time. They throttle heavily too.
Yup, and as we now know, you will be throttled down by 95% by Sprint when you get to well under 15GB. At least with my Verizon 15GB plan, also for $100, that doesn't happen. All companies that offer unlimited are doing dramatic throttling below some arbitrary number, usually well below 10GB.
All their chips are based on the old "M" series. Those were just their old mobile line that they went to when abandoning the Netburst series.
Oh please Benji, don't start with me. You don't know what you're talking about. "A huge number of factors". I'll give you plenty of time to go on the web and look that up, so you'll know what some of those factors are. You're saying nothing here.
But we are talking about current limitation. That's exactly what the 12 watt charger is doing.Only a problem if the internal resistance is high. I stated this several times now. The biggest problem in limiting charge times, as well as discharge current, is internal resistance. It's that simple. How to lower that resistance isn't simple, but it is done. Batteries, in general, are getting better over time as manufacturers improve their production processes, and tinker with...
That's what this. Actually is. But in order to do this, they need to get permission from the city, and to work with them. They can't just claim the right to the street property, and put up their equipment. So the city does deals for that right. Essentially, they are leasing the company space on the streets for their equipment.
The company will pay for the hardware, and the Ads will be paying for the service, and giving them a profit.At least, that's the plan.The problem is that this is the 99th plan for free WiFi the city has had over the past several years. It could have been more, but I lost count after that. There's always some sticking point with financing. These are small companies, and need to raise financing for these plans. So sometimes they begin test service, but can't get the money...
So people here who know nothing do? Really? Companies who make these statements, particularly when their products are used for critical applications, need to meet standards, and need to show that the can meet their claims.So where's your links? I'm supposed to stop knowing what I know to be true because three guys here say I'm wrong without presenting a shred of evidence themselves?I haven't even seen any evidence from you guys that you really know how batteries work. Just...
Ok, look, I've never claimed that the iPhone battery was capable of a quick charge. That would be a full charge after perhaps 15 minutes. What is true, is that the battery is allowed, by Apple, to be more quickly charged by the 12 watt charger. I have said that the circuitry prevents the battery from overcharge. There's no disagreement there. What started this whole thing was when I pointed out the new Motorola phone which does have a quick charge battery, and charger. I...
You don't need to include iPads. You can include iPads if you want to. This is a difficult subject. Talking about windows and OS X is talking about the desktop market, which includes notebooks. It merely means computers that are comparable with those two OS's. I've often argued that iPads are "real" computers, because they do what most people need from computers, even though they work differently. Other people argue differently. They insist that without having a hardware...