or Connect

Posts by melgross

Exactly what are you trying to say here? Are you saying that the computer should get the password automatically every few days? If so, then what's the point of the password if any computer could just pick it up? That would result in the same thing as no password at all.Clearly, you need to do what everyone else does. That is, if you have a right to the password, you will get it from wherever they have it. If you don't have the right to it, then you don't get it. I don't...
Tesla announced, recently, that sometime this summer, a software upgrade will allow autonomous driving. I don't know how that will work out, as it isn't allowed in most all places.
I see no reason to believe that what you are saying is correct. First of all, as I said, Tesla is building most of their cars themselves, hence the huge learning curve. As you know, Apple doesn't build its own products. Apple will have an experienced auto manufacturer built their car, should they choose to make one. The learning curve isn't going to be so arduous. There is also no reason to believe that aside from capital costs, as usual, that Apple's first cars wouldn't...
What percentage of cars aren't being sold through dealerships? A very small percentage. I have nothing against doing what Tesla is doing there, but the realistic situation is that he doesn't want to give dealerships some of the money. Apple sells their products for the same amount of money directly than they do through dealers. So they make greater profits that way. Musk thinks the same way, except he feels that his very expensive cars don't need dealerships. I don't know....
I think Apple is realistic. Autonomous driving is the future, like it or not. It's just going to happen. We're finding more cars every day now that already come with some autonomous features from a number of manufacturers. I don't agree with those who think the thing is going to pop out like Athena from Zeus's head, but we'll see features added on one at a time over the years, until, people will realise that most of their "driving" is now being done by the car. This is...
Sure. It's been a theme in science fiction for a long time that people, for the most part, won't own a vehicle. I don't know if it could be called a car anymore. Have your home personal assistant call for the ride, which appears.This would be a hard change for the industry all around, and there would be resistance, at first, at least. But then, there was a lot of resistance to the automobile, at first. Every complaint we hear about electric cars now, were said about cars...
I already stated their sales last year, along with the losses. People give Musk a lot of credit. But that doesn't mean that his companies are profitable. Most aren't. That has nothing to do with Apple, or anyone else. Musk is building most of his own cars, and is still undergoing a very steep learning curve. He's also held himself back by refusing to use dealers.Apple is known for being more competent than that. We're getting serpveral auto manufacturers that are stating...
Exactly! I'm often amazed at the ignorance, often deliberate, of writers, and posters alike.When Apple was small, the cry was that the produced overpriced toys that no serious person would want, and so it was just fanboys that bought their products, when it was pointed out that the music, film, publishing and scientific markets depended on app,es products, the response was;Oh well, yes, they do, but no one else does.Now that Apple is the largest company if it's type, and...
People have made the same pricing mistake for several decades regarding Apple. They mistake the difference between not competing in a low price market with competing in a higher priced market. Apple simply doesn't compete in low price markets, so some people say that Apple's products are a lot more expensive, when they are either just a little bit more expensive, in the market they are competing in, or even, when everything is taken into account, no more expensive, or even...
I don't understand your point. Every product costs money to R&D, build, ship, warrantee, etc. Yes, we're told that profits in the automotive industry are lower than Apple's, and therefore, Apple won't want to get into this. That's total BS!Every product Apple builds has lower profits everywhere else. Look at computers, iPods, iPhones, iPads, etc. every one of these gives Apple a very good net margin, whereas, every other manufacturer has a much poorer one, or even a...