or Connect

Posts by melgross

I wonder what their definition of smartwatch is? We had this definitional problem early in the era of smartphones.
As far as I know, last year was the first year in which they went to a second supplier, and they still use Samsung for SoCs. It's risky moving to a new supplier.
Except that this will be pretty obvious. If Apple uses Samsung, as is expected, you won't be able to claim that you're right. I don't see why you're making something out of "admitting" you're wrong about something everyone knows you're wrong about. What would you do, claim TSMC is making the chips even though everyone knows it's samsung! Why even bring that up?And then there's this, which I suppose you'll also...
For whatever reason you have for not wanting to believe that Samsung will be the major supplier, it's not good enough to pretend that all the other reports say differently. If Samsung meant that they were the major customer, they would have said so. We know that they will be using their own chip in the S6, because they said so. But the sales of the S6 will be again dwarfed by Apple's sales. It is not the major customer they're talking about, and no one else would believe...
In reality, it is a valid reason. They have made it almost impossible to improve public transportation in this country. Where do enough busses come from? They don't appear on the road magically. They need to be paid for. And how does that happen? Taxes, and fees. Like it or not, it's better for the country to cut down on car use, but we won't see that happen because the money allowed for public transportation is limited by shortsighted groups.
In a way, he's right, you know. Buffet doesn't just buy stock, in addition to that, he buys entire companies, then runs them. That's quite a bit different than investing, what amounts to, a tiny amount of money.He's also made major mistakes, by his own statements. And he stays away from technology. He could have bought Apple years ago, but he's never done so, even though he consistently states that he admires Apple above most others.
I just read that the mobile payments industry in the USA is expected to reach $800 billion in 2018. What happens with Apple depends on how much of the payment marketshare they can hold onto. If they keep 50%, then at about a 1% fee per sale, that's about $4 billion that year. That would mostly be profit for Apple. That's very important, because if it's say, 80% profit, then that would be $3.2 billion. With Apple net profit being about 21%, that would be the equivalent of...
Well, I'm assuming that when he says "by May", he's saying that tongue in cheek.In reality, Apple trades at just about 15.5 times 2015 earnings, where the Fortune 500, averages 17.7 times 2015 earnings. That means that Apple has a ways to go to just get to the average. And if they're considered to be a high quality company, and thus a high quality investment, they could go above that. If they just get to that number, that's an 18% upside. That would bring them very close...
That's just a rumor from Barron's, which has not been a major supplier of Apple information over the years. Is it true? We don't know. We do know that Samsung has already made an announcement that their 14nm line is ready, and that a "major" customer is using it. Who is that major customer? Other than Apple, all of their other customers aside from their own chip use, are relatively small.TSMC has their own problems, and we don't know if they've sstraightened out these...
Another $2 billion on data centers. It's good to see that they're spending that overseas cash on something useful.