or Connect

Posts by melgross

It's not meaningless. It's no different than saying that the stock could hit, say, 170. As an investor, I'm interested in knowing what they are thinking. There are a lot of possible investments to make, and there is no direct way to know which are really better than other good ones. I've stuck with Apple, but there are many people who compare Apple, Alibaba, etc. how to know which to put more money into is a difficult decision.Going by the technicals doesn't always yield a...
Apple has risen about 41% so far this year. It's risen almost 70% before it took the plunge. I checked my realtime account, and it's about $114.62 right now. The market capitalization is just under $670 billion. Next year? Sure, I suppose it can, as long as sales remain strong, we don't see a major problem with iPad sales, and the watch does well enough.As long as Apple doesn't buy too many shares back, that is. That makes it more difficult.
I'm not convinced of the need for a 21MP sensor yet. The problem with smartphone cameras is there is not optical zoom. Using higher Rez sensors allows a high quality image even with "zoom", which is actually cropping. I've wished that Apple would use newer sensors though. The 16MP version would be about perfect. And with the option for 128GB storage, there is enough space.
You likely don't use enough data to see the throttling. But it's been shown that they do throttle their unlimited plans, as everyone else does. You're lucky with LTE, as they have the worst LTE coverage of the four.And, yeah, they've been caught BSing their customers.http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/07/its-not-just-verizon-all-major-us-carriers-throttle-unlimited-data/
I know it isn't popular to say this, but companies have fixed costs. They can't go below those costs, plus, if they are going to make a profit. It's cheaper to give more, than to lower prices. Apple uses the same formula. They rarely lower prices, but instead give us better specs, etc.
T-Mobile sucks big time. They throttle heavily too.
Yup, and as we now know, you will be throttled down by 95% by Sprint when you get to well under 15GB. At least with my Verizon 15GB plan, also for $100, that doesn't happen. All companies that offer unlimited are doing dramatic throttling below some arbitrary number, usually well below 10GB.
All their chips are based on the old "M" series. Those were just their old mobile line that they went to when abandoning the Netburst series.
Oh please Benji, don't start with me. You don't know what you're talking about. "A huge number of factors". I'll give you plenty of time to go on the web and look that up, so you'll know what some of those factors are. You're saying nothing here.
But we are talking about current limitation. That's exactly what the 12 watt charger is doing.Only a problem if the internal resistance is high. I stated this several times now. The biggest problem in limiting charge times, as well as discharge current, is internal resistance. It's that simple. How to lower that resistance isn't simple, but it is done. Batteries, in general, are getting better over time as manufacturers improve their production processes, and tinker with...