or Connect

Posts by melgross

DED does exaggerate. That's not exactly unknown.But even if he was 100% correct, that just for the past, not for the future. While it's true that Samsung rushes things out the door just to say they have it, that doesn't mean that manufacturers can't catch up, and even surpass what Apple does. I've complained for years about Apple's vacellation. They come out with a leading technology, and then do little with it for years, giving competitors time to catch up.Previous touch...
Synaptic has made some pretty good stuff, and you can't speak to the quality of this until it's out, and reviewed. I do think that having this on the trackpad could be clutzy, depending on how it's implemented.But still, if it works well enough, it will put Apple on the defensive. Sometimes, Apple is too deliberative.
Synoptics was another missed opportunity for Apple. When they were making the scroll wheel for Apple's iPads, they could have been bought by Apple for a small amount of money. Even today, they would be a small purchase. Keeping these technologies out of competitors hands is something Apple is poor at. And it's another time when Apple sits on their hands after making a breakthrough. They should have put this on all their mobile devices by now.
Absolutely! I really dislike that MacDailyNews has thise.
It isn't relevant.
Yes, it seems as though the entire problem was that they couldn't produce what they promised to produce. Everything else falls in comparison.
There's a lot of interest in this number. But if Apple continues to buy back large number of shares it might never get there.
I went to SEEK's site, and they don't spec accuracy. The only spec that some might think is for accuracy,
I was considering the Flir as well, but by the time it came out, we were two thirds through the 5s lifetime. I've got a 5, but will be buying the 6+ early January, once our contract is up. Didn't seem worthwhile, as Verizon will give me $150 for my 5 when I get the new phone.The SEEK seems better for most uses anyway. I'd like it because my large, old house, is leaky. I expect I can find many leaks and save enough money over the course of two years to more than pay for it,...
Exactly. When I used to design and manufacturer professional audio equipment, we used to do stress testing of various kinds. One was a shaker table. That was really nice, but I questioned the usefulness. True, in shipping, something can get shaken heavily, but it's a rarity that it would cause failure, of shorten the life of the product, or even cause specs to change. When in use, the product is on a shelf, or in a rack.So sometimes those tests look good, and cause the...