or Connect

Posts by melgross

I don't remember it being said to have Desktop class performance. I remember them calling it a Desktop class chip, which isn't exactly the same thing.
What I meant was, and I should have been clearer, was would it convert an app that was specifically designed to use the features of one CPU family to take advantage of the very different features of another CPU family? This is where things get hung up. I saw plenty of software being described as "taking just a weekend" to port over, and seeing it on stage, but then not coming out for six to eight months afterwards, because of all the work that needed to be done after the...
Well, a lot of those "problems" aren't really problems. With such thin screens, the difference in light transmission would be negligible. The same thing is true for weight. We would be talking about several grams.
Some of the problems mentioned in Tim's article aren't exactly correct. A major one which I'll highlight is the cracking mode. The mode mentioned has to do with multi crystalline structures, where a scratch can open to a crack along crystal surfaces. But these are single crystal boules, just as with single crystal metals, this is much stronger. I think it still needs to be investigated. But phone design plays just as much into whether a screen will crack, as the material...
Yes, it does both, but will it recompile ARM to x86?, and visa versa?
It was first used on the Moto 68xxx chips. Then, when Next discontinued its hardware, it moved to x86.
Yes, the extra work on the newer GPU could add another 25%. What extra image sensors? The hardware for 265 would be mostly the same hardware as for 264.
Samsung has nothing to do with developing Apple's chips. Samsung didn't even know the A7 was a 64 bit chip until after it came out, and they built it!
The problem is that editing on that would be tricky. Global adjustments would work, but any pixel related work would be dicey. We would need some tricky software to substitute a compressed area to uncompressed.
Because that the way most high end video, photo and print editing is done. That way you have a full, and unobstructed screen for both image and tools.