or Connect

Posts by melgross

We don't know, likely they do.
I've my own experiences with this kind of problem, though on a much smaller scale. When the contractor(s) responsible for overseeing the work is released midstream, it's because of major problems. It's unusual. $2billion over cost on a project like this is dramatic. I wonder what went wrong with them. It should be fairly straightforward.
Gone.
Whoa! Don't get yourself tied up in knots about a typo. If you can make an interpretation over a typo, I suppose you can read things into other words that aren't there.Microsoft has been desperately trying to unseat Google with Bing for years. Now, with Win 8 and Win 10, Bing is in the OS for everything, so it's being used more. Sure, they're trying to make a profit. Otherwise they wouldn't offer it. Whether it's been successful or not isn't a reason to ignore what they're...
Whether or not they allow that for advertising is even besides the point. The fact that they admit storing all of that info, which is what they're doing by implication, is disturbing enough.And they aren't trustworthy. When they first bought Nest, they said that no information from the thermostat would be kept by Google, but later, they reneged, and admitted that yes, your data from Nest would be transmitted to Google, and kept by them. Why do they need our heating and...
Except that's not really true. If it was, then there would be no way for Google to offer targeted advertising to their clients, which they do, as it's their greatest revenue source. Most of this data isn't useful if it's entirely anonymized. Google reads your emails to find out what you are doing, so they can make suggestions. Geeze! They state this themselves.I suppose you don't remember the speech Eric Schmitt made several years ago, where he stated that soon; "Google...
Gruber didn't mean it the way you are misquoting him to mean. He meant that most people don't think about privacy, only the services they are getting, and so, Apple is marketing privacy as a major feature, whereas most people don't care as much.And sure, it is an excuse for Google to come out with a new service. The only reason they do so is to have new ways to get your private info. Photos gives them the opportunity to get something they weren't getting reliably before....
We're trying to explain the difference to you. Apple doesn't have access to those photos, emails, messages, etc. Both Microsoft and Google do. Do you really like the idea that all of the photos on your machine, wherever they are, and whatever they are, will be uploaded to Photos in Google's servers, where Google can look at them, and possibly even have advertisers look at them? I don't. Possibly you have personal photos there, or photos of your kids, why would you think...
It's new in that if forces a minimum of six characters. With four, many, if not most, people would just use the four.
You really need to check what Microsoft does. Bing is supported by advertising just as Google is. In addition, with Win 10, there will be advertising in the OS itself, embedded in many functions, and you can't get rid of it. When you do any search with Cortina, Microsoft keeps all of that search info for advertising, though they pitch it as being helpful to you. It's a complex system to opt out of Cortina search results being kept by Microsoft. There are other areas in...