or Connect

Posts by melgross

Read Marvin's post.Everyone here should read Marvin's post.
Exactly the point I was making, though you fleshed it out extremely well. Somehow, some people think that all Apple has to do is snap their corporate fingers, and it will appear. While Apple can do this, if they want to, it's a major investment in time. Just like they buy other smaller companies so they won't have to invest the time, they could do that here.But here, there is a leader in the field with actual income coming in, and a great deal of growth potential along...
You're making up what I said. Where did I say that "Apple doesn't have the ability to do its own payment system"? I didn't say that anywhere. You're having a bad day.
Thanks!
I'm just giving some reasons for it. Nothing to make a big deal of on your part, really! I mean, if this is all you've got, then you're wasting it on this.But for your sake, I'll explain it further since you didn't understand what I was saying, and why the use in both posts was about the same thing.It's mind boggling that Apple would need to do something that has already been done, and that they could get, if they wanted to, whereas, by letting it go, Google would get it...
That's basically it. Apple doesn't need $200 billion, which they will have by the end of the year. I'd much rather they spend some of that on companies than throw it down the black hole of share repurchases, which is money burnt,.
I doubt that. Even the EU says their system hasn't been very effective. And then, if they have to, you don't think Square could upgrade their hardware and software? Of course they could. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been investigating it for some time.
I don't think so. I see Square everywhere I go. I don't see another payment system anywhere. Every vendor I talk to about it is happy with it. Having it fall into Google's hands rather than Apple's hands would be a major shift. So yes, the implications are mind boggling.
Nope! This would transfer all of the good will Apple has received from companies and individuals using Square with Apple products to Google. Bad idea. If Google moved everything g to Android, no matter what people here think of Android, all of those companies and individuals would eventually have to move from Apple products to Google related products, which is likely one major reason why Google might buy this. It would be a seismic shift. Right now, Apple is the one moving...
Many stay for years. That's all Apple needs. They aren't needed forever. And once a company is established, with technology that works, it isn't the founder that's needed anyway, because Apple has a different direction for that company than the founder did as an independant factor. Sometimes, keeping the founder is a hinderance.