or Connect

Posts by melgross

These types of WiFi connections are inherently insecure. We're not talking about a 15 character password on a home system, which is very secure, and simple.I thought that Apple would,s just go with the system they've been using in their stores, which I use whenPossible. But they decided that this was a better way to go. It's much more secure. and while it does require us to que up in a line, as always, for most places, we'd expect to do that anyway.
No politics please!
To be fair, Android Pay should be pretty secure. It uses the same tokenization system Apple Pay uses. With Google Wallet, every transaction needs to pass through Google's servers to complete. And you know where all of that info ends up. I imagine that Android Pay doesn't do that.
And that's the biggest problem it has.It's not the business of consumers to care about the problems a retailer has with credit card companies (or anything else). It's been working well for decades. I do understanda company like Walmart with their 3.3% net profit, looking to eliminate the 2% credit transaction fee. That could raise their net to 5.3%, which is a huge increase. That's billions of dollars.But it's not our problem to worry about. CurrentC doesn't really solve...
Shine is merely a personal feeling for people. In no way does it have anything to do with the actual product or service.
Well, Walmart isn't in lots of areas in the country. Large cities often have no Walmart. They tried to come here in NYC, but were rebuffed. I suppose if you live in the suburbs, it's different.I don't know if Walmart will be able to "support it" if they don't allow those cards. I'm not entirely familiar with the way Apple Pay works, but it's possible that a retailrd must support any card that the user has. I haven't been to enough different stores yet to find one that...
Since they have that time period after which they can turn their NFC on, and accept Apple Pay, I don't see it as being a problem. We need to think of things in the long term. A few months one way or the other won't affect that. So it doesn't bother me.Some companies will hold out longer than others because they don't want to support Apple Pay, and that's fine. It's their business. But it's also possible that businesses signed up with Current C at different times, and so...
I don't think I understand what you're saying, if one has a debit card, it must be used as a debit card. It's not a credit card, and can't be used that way. What are you talking about?
Some of the really odd things about CurrentC are statements made by their newest CEO. While it's been made before, the statement that CurrentC will support credit cards sometime in the future, is the oddest. The entire point to CurrentC is NOT supporting credit cards. It's those transaction fees that Walmart, in particular, is so hateful of, that had them initiate this in the first place. If they feel as though they have to support credit cards, then what's the purpose,...
Not true. This is pretty much dead already. Apple is implementing loyalty and store cards pretty well in iOS 9. They didn't the first year, because it was much more important to get it working as well as possible, for them, retailers, and us. Remember that there were some problems here and there, in the beginning. That's pretty much cleared up.If they have implemented everything they wanted to at first, then it would have been much more complex, and retailer back ends...