or Connect

Posts by melgross

I read what the Apple retail store app says. Perhaps that all that Apple will be selling. But perhaps AI has other information. We don't know that yet. They could also be wrong. I wonder where they got those numbers from? Did someone from Apple, at the event, tell them that?
I'll wait to see a real review before worrying. Windows is a pretty inefficient OS, so we'll have to see how this works out. But it's obviously not intended for heavy duty use.When the Macbook Air first came out, it was a terrible performer as well. Let's remember that. This is just the first in the line.
I haven't been to Apple on this yet, but I wonder how many levels the new touchpad will register. Apple said it was great for things such as calligraphy, though they didn't use the actual word. If it has 256 levels, that would be great! That's 8 bit sensitivity. I had those in my company well back to use with Photoshop and Paint. It was enough, though newer models have many more.This is also a pretty big trackpad. It covers the complete distance from the bottom of the...
That new trackpad is a winner, using Apple's Force technology from the new watch screen. Still not convinced of the need for a touchscreen on a notebook. They haven't sold well on the Windows side. The extra cost alone will turn people off.
You also know nothing about high quality watches and bands.
Is it a big deal to you because it's annoying? It certainly can't be the actual $10 if you're going to spend at least $400 for a watch, plus, most likely, taxes on the sale. It just seems to me that a company has a choice to make. Average out the pricing, which some companies do, with the lower priced product priced higher, and the higher priced one priced lower. Then there won't be those people who carp at the higher pricing on one. Other companies price the individual...
What do you think the lock on the watch contacts? Do you think it's the silicone rubber, or the leather? I'm pretty sure that there's a cut away portion of the pin in the center that aligns, and locks into a pin that resides in the watch mechanism. When you press that small button under the band edge, the pin in the watch recedes, and you can slide the band out. That pin is likely stainless steel. You don't really think that Apple would rely on rubber and leather to hold...
I was responding to his post, which said that the "larger charger" is $10 more. Perhaps there are several variations.Did you read the article here before posting? It says, on the last line, that pricing for the 38mm charger is $29, and the price for the 42mm one is $39.
There's a steel pin in all of the bands, including the ones specifically for the aluminum case, which Apple says is harder and stronger than regular anodized aluminum.
Um, it's $10. If you can spend at least $399 for a watch, and need another charger, $10 shouldn't be an issue. Why it's more, I don't know, but likely there's a bigger battery in the 42mm model, so the charger puts out more power. Is it worth an additional $10? I don't know, but it's not really a big deal.You can be sure the strap mechanism is patented on both the watch and the strap side.