or Connect

Posts by melgross

I'd like to see it break $650. I don't know if it's a real psychological barrier or not.
No. That's just the way it works.
Well, it would just mean a bit over two and a half bucks tomorrow. It's possible, unless there are a lot of cold feet.As for Bezos, the market thinks he's a genius. I don't. I think he's pretty clever though. His biggest talent is making major investors think that huge profits are just around the corner.This outsized interest in this phone, if indeed that's what it is, seems to be solely due to the fabled 3D UI we're hearing about. If so, that's a mistake. If they do have...
Actually, I'm disappointed. It started out well moving up about $4.50 quickly. But as the market slumped early, it never recovered, even though the market picked up again. The Nasdaq closed up around 1%. I expected Apple to track around that, and break $650 in closing. Came pretty close early on.
Order size is part of that.
You're lucky. I know of cases where people put orders in for a few shares and waited for an hour before it went thought. They had to buy at market to do that too.
When it comes to something like that, it's more a question of who is willing to buy one share, rather than someone willing to sell one. That's why there are companies you can go to to buy one share (and get the certificate).
I suppose I should look at what they have to say about it.Ok, looked. It gives the very basics, plus a little boiler plate at the bottom about availability.
Ever since Apple first went north of $400 billion the question of them hitting $1 trillion has been discussed on the financial pages. It's harder now with all the buybacks.But one guy, after an entire article as to why Apple would NEVER hit it, ended up concluding that it couldn't be done because it hadn't been done. In other words, because no company had ever hit a trillion, Apple couldn't either. A terrible argument. A really, really dumb argument.
Not always easy to buy one share.