or Connect

Posts by melgross

I have to agree with you in these things. In fact, my last post pretty much did.Google is an advertising agency. Everything they do is for the purpose of adding to places where they can place Ads. Exxon depends on international entities to price oil, and they have no control over that at all.
I so t agree with this argument. I've been hearing similar things for years. As Cook said, after the last quarter, only 15% of iPhone users had upgraded. That leaves a large number left. But, close to 20% of sales are to people new to iPhone. That's 20% growth right there. Even if it's less, the more people who buy an iPhone, the more people who will upgrade. That's growth.As far as your upgrade cycle goes, the vast majority of smartphone users around the world do upgrade...
Many funds were fully loaded on Apple at the end of 2012, which is why, after the 73% rise in the stock price, they sold off for tax reasons. Less funds are fully loaded now, but we also have funds who couldn't buy in because Apple wasn't offering a dividend.
Who wants 20% a year? The mafia! I don't know any fund that demands that much. 6% is more like it, and as far as I'm concerned, since I've only made my own decisions since I was 13, I would never use one.But hedge funds generally do well enough. Otherwise, they wouldn't exist. Could they do better? Sure. But again, there's no way to know in advance. I've been confident in Apple for a long time, but, as I said, I have only myself to answer to.
Of course it makes sense. There is never a guarantee of anything. While I can hold a lot of Apple for a long time, the only person I'm responsible to is myself. When Apple was at $86 a number of years ago, the dropped to ablut 56, it bothered me, but I held it. When it was $205 and dropped to $78, I held it, and bought some more. When it was 703, and dropped to around $390, I held it.But fund managers need to answer to their clients. If a holding drops by a good deal,...
What does that have to do with the touchpad, about which I was asking?
It's a matter of heat and battery life. There's only so much you can do with a thin and light portable. Of course, if you want Apple to add a couple of pounds and an inch in thickness to it, I'm sure they could meet your needs. But when I was in business, some time ago, and according to the people I know who are still in business, editing photos and movies on their Macbook Pro will always be preliminary work. The heavy work is done later on an iMac, or Mac Pro with a large...
A question I've been asking, is why not give the 15" Macbook Pro the same treatment? Why just the 13" model? This seems strange to me. I'd also like to see the Macbook Air models with this trackpad. This is coming closer to the Wacom tablets without using a resistive layer. I wonder what the spacial sensitivity is, one pixel, or ten pixels? They were showing this with signatures during the presentation, and it looked very good.
It's a good question, really. I wonder if this is in part in response to shrinking iPad sales. Supposedly, the iPad Pro is for that, but assuming that will come out, this could be another angle to attack that from.Otherwise, I would say that's it's a way to get into the Apple ecosystem, but it's really too expensive to be a feeder product, that's the $899 Macbook Air. But for school work and executives, it could be a perfect machine.
No, I meant to use that word. Getting an Apple prediction correct is magic.Hmm, that spelling is from spellcheck.