or Connect

Posts by melgross

As he said, it was a typo, as I'm sure you realized. But, typo or not, the trend is clear. Android is moving down, and iOS is moving up. You can call something you aren't happy with rubbish, but that doesn't change the situation.
This is interesting. Possibly Apple now thinks that these will not directly compete with their watch. Perhaps they never thought that, but removed them for other reasons.
I can't speak to how "happy" the employees are. But some companies are turning on terminals one at a time, while others want to get the entire company running this at once. I can't argue that either way is better, because only they know their situation, and so only they can decide.I do think some people are getting their heads twisted around for nothing. When a new technology comes out, it takes time for things to settle down. I don't know how many people here remember,...
In order to do much of what Neil is talking about, Apple needs to move to OLED screens. The problem with what we have now is that the entire backlight needs to turn on, using a lot of power. While OLED's aren't more efficient than LCDs, the fact that only a few pixels need to be turned on, or kept on, dramatically changes that equation. Apple could have glances on all the time if only a few hundred pixels were turned on, rather than millions, and a backlight. We've been...
Micky is forgetting that this is already present on a larger Apple device; the touchpad of the new Macbook and Pro. So this is already on a much larger device.
So far, no OLEd screen offers any efficiency advantages over a good LCD screen. Maybe someday, but they keep promising it, and it never arrives.
And Apple isn't doing Apple Pay for the benefit of the consumer, but to make money on the highly profitable payments they will get from every transaction, and the extra lock in to their hardware and software ecosystem.So what? What's your point here?
It's a common myth that everything can be broken. Maybe, some time in the far future, this can be broken, but it's highly unlikely anytime in the next decade, at least. Maybe, it even then. This type of system is considered to be highly secure.Credit card fraud is something different.
And if you read about what Trader Joe's said about Apple Pay, you'd have seen that it's going to take them time to roll the service out. You're going to give them a pass on this, and not Target. Why, because you like Trader Joe's, but not Target, because that's the feeling I'm getting here., from you, and others.
Chip and pin doesn't mean NFC ready. It will be easier to get that ready, then NFC, and when that's working, so will Apple Pay, Android Pay and others.Really, you guys have to stop ascribing motives that make you happy to point to, and pay attention to what's actually happening.