or Connect

Posts by melgross

Over the years, there have been many investment shows on Tv and the radio. All of them give out investing advice. This is nothing new. He's claiming that Cramer knows nothing. That's wrong. Everyone is wrong at times. We all are. But Cramer is better than most. It should be obvious that no one should take stock advice without understanding the situation themselves to a certain extent. But most people know nothing about the market.Cramer, on his show, answers questions that...
I don't even understand what you're saying here.Are you saying that Cramer told people to invest in things so that the bottom would fall out? Because that's what your statement reads as saying. If you're saying that he's told people to invest in things that happened to fail later, that's something else. But. As I said, no one is right all the time. So you can pick and choose to find all the times he's been wrong. But then, you should also pick and choose all the times he's...
That statement is a non sequitur. It has nothing to do with manipulation of Apple. There are billions of Apple shares out there, worth about $750 billion. During the period he's talking about, there were about 900 million, worth $400 billion at the low. And $700 billion at the high, or more. Yes, you can manipulate a company worth $1 billion, even one worth $10 billion. But when the number rises to above $100 billion it becomes very difficult. That simp,y too much value to...
Saying to avoid pursuing a stock at any particular time doesn't make him unknowledgable. He's owned a lot of Apple for his charitable trust for years, and consistently states on his show to keep Apple.I tell people at time to not buy the stock too. Some times it doesn't look to be a good time. That doesn't mean he doesn't support the company. That's simplistic.
Yeah, he does know what he's talking about. I've followed him for years. Is he right all the time? Of course not! That's impossible. But he's one of the best guys out there.Even Warren Buffet recently said that he's made major mistakes that cost his company billions in profits. Is he one of the best ones, sure as hell he is!
I discussed this with them when I opened the account. They very definitively stated that you can't trade on those funds until they pass through the system. I asked that very question. If I sell a stock on Monday, when can I use those funds to enable another trade, and I was told Wednesday. Of course, if I have unused cash, I could use that.
I was thinking the same thing myself.
People like to talk about manipulation, but no one can ever prove it. Apple is too big for its stock to be manipulated. That's myrh. Yes, we have those who are shorts, but they often get caught with their pants down, and then they scramble to cover their positions. I've seen trades of 10 million shares that barely bumped the price.What really happens is that investment firms have a charter that require them to sell stock when a certain percentage of their investments rise...
I like Cramer, despite his clownish show, he does know what he's talking about. I agree with his position on Apple, and I do the same thing. He's said for years to buy Apple and forget it.
I don't know what account you have. But the problem with these online accounts is that you can't click a trade in the morning, and click another in the afternoon, unless you trade just a part of your equity. And you can't trade that enquiry that just traded, for several days, until it clears.so you can sell 100 shares in the morning, and use those funds to buy something in the afternoon.That's a big problem with those accounts.With my large brokered accounts, they would...