or Connect

Posts by melgross

Apple is having a problem with Chromebooks in education. Simply because the cost so much less, educators are turning to Chromebooks. But Surface Pro tablets aren't making a dent anywhere. They cost significantly more than iPads. Last quarter, Microsoft sold about 625,000 to 675,000 of them.There isn't evidence that cheaper Windows tablets are doing well there either.
No, I'm being realistic, you are either not understanding the way things are, or you have ideas of how to change things that's idealistic, and not realistic. Lots of people complain that something should be done about this, or that, but then have no idea of how to begin.So why don't you give a good explanation of how you would change things. Explain how you would change people's thinking on this, and how you would get them to act. And don't give some really generalized...
I'm not sure about that. Debit cards are tied to your bank, and are verified. Cards you buy in a store are not. There is no way to verify them. I also don't think that debit cards have tiny amounts on them. Even if people are strapped, they would have more in their debit account than a card they buy in a store. I don't use a debit card myself, but I would think that the bank might have some arrangement that if a purchase is slightly over what's in your account, that there...
If the vast majority of people don't care about something, then the small number who do are going to have a really tough time convincing that large majority that it matters to them too. I'm simply being realistic.I did respond to what you said. The fact that you highlighted those words shows that.I'm not saying that it's impossible to change things, but simply that it will be a very difficult thing to do. Something really serious would need to happen for that. We read of...
People are not being forced to use Facebook, are they? No, they most certainly are not. The fact that they choose to use it means that even if they aren't "happy" about giving away data, they are willing to do so in order to have an activity that they do want, and that is my point. After a while they forget about what they're doing there, and just do it. People put pics and video of themselves getting drunk and doing obviously dumb things. People put up nudes of...
The new feature is being able to look at all of your cards and loyalty cards, and choose between them without unlocking your device, which can't be done with 8.4. You're talking about just using the default card to pay.
Thanks for the positive comments, but I really can't agree with most of the rest.While, in theory, I don't like the idea of being tracked, I do understand that this has become a way of life. Like it or not, most people really don't care. All we have to do is to look at Facebook or some other similar service to see that people are not just happy, no matter how embarrassing their lives may be, but thrilled, to put their entire lives out for all to see.A small minority isn't...
I think that a problem with these cards is that they often have small amounts of cash on them. It's very possible that the risk of a transaction not going through because there's not enough on the card, may be an issue. While that can happen with a bank issued debit card, normally there is much more money in the account than one would put on a disposable cash card.There could also be a problem with card verification. There's really no way to know if the person buying that...
Total BS. I've been reading articles that compare Apple's services to Google's. Apple pushes privacy, Google pushes convenience. We look at Apple's search using Siri, for example, and we read that Apple's search can't equal that of Google's, because Apple doesn't link things together the way Google does. That's because of privacy. But do those using Google care? Not really. I find that even those who protest, use their services. I also find that Apple users on these forums...
I agree completely. I've been warning about that very problem. Once 10nm is reached, there will be years for everyone to catch up in process tech until 7 nm is achieved. And then, well, who knows? Experts in that field still think that 5nm may not be possible. If that's true, and I believe it is, despite Intel showing 5nm on its roadmap, which I think they're doing for marketing and financial reasons, then until a new technology is ready, we won't see major advances for...