or Connect

Posts by melgross

This was my business for many years. I ran a major commercial film lab here in NYC for some time, and before shot product and fashion when I started out. So I'm familiar with these issues.The old Nikon DSLRs were terrible. I Mean, really terrible. The first DSLR that was considered to have lead to the "modern" DSLR was the Canon D30. That only had a bit more than 3mp. It was surprisingly good. But then, circa 2000, or so, ot cost $3,000 for the body alone. Was it better...
What you say may be true. But it isn't as true today as it used to be. And newer generations of sensors, and processing chips have better per pixel performance, or equal performance with higher resolution.HTC tried to go the big pixel route with a 4mp sensor, but the images were so unsharp when compared to the competition, they've abandoned that approach. So just how many pixels are enough? I've been making the point that for smartphones, which are primarily used for email...
I'm not speculating. You've been saying that the phone isn't thin enough. The 6 is thinner than the 5. So now you're changing your views.
What you're trying to do is to take scientific work, and say it isn't scientific. Why would that be? Would it be because it damages your position?You keep saying that you're convincible in one sentence, but then a little bit later, you say something that shows you are not.The studies I've looked at have not shown any bias. There was work done. Plants were grown in differing amounts of CO2, lighting, etc. and the results measured, weighed, and whatever else was needed to be...
We have to put power plants somewhere. Traditionally they're put as close to the consumer as the supply of fuel allows. Wind and solar are different. They need to be put where the energy on the ground is sufficient. It doesn't need to be the best.Since so much of the city and suburban areas in the country look nothing like they did before development, it's probably safer to do something in an area that's already been severely altered.Sure, about the Great American Desert,...
Isn't the number itself that's the problem, it's what the number means, where it's going, and how much faster it's going.http://climate.nasa.gov/400ppmquotes/http://www.climatecentral.org/news/april-becomes-first-month-with-co2-levels-above-400-ppm-17367Of course, there's lots more, if people really care to look.
It's believed, with a good amount of evidence, that both oil and gas come from biomass living down beneath the surface. It's now believed, from rock samples brought up from oil drills and scientific boring, that 80% of the biomass on earth is living in the porous rock. As that rock moves downward, it heats up and cooks that biomass, which is bacteria.When we were kids, they used to say that oil came from the big forests and animals living a long time ago. But much of that...
These models are not problematic. The very early models were simpler, true, but they were giving us an early idea of what was happening. The models have, for some time, predicted what we are seeing. They haven't been wrong many times in the past. But science is of continuous improvement. Models get better, and theories get refined. The anti group hasn't shown anything.What you're doing here is trying to at yourself up as a martyr. But you're not, you're not some guy, all...
I stand by what I say. Scientific investigation is the willful attempt to find, and understand the facts. If something seems wrong, the further investigation is required. Looking at one article and denouncing it isn't scientific. There have been a number of experiments that show that increased co2 levels will be bad for agriculture, and even animal husbandry. We already see problems in wine grape growth. It's estimated that in 20 to 30 years, California wines will be close...
It's too late to prevent global warming, but not too late to mitigate it. But if we don't do something drastic fairly soon, there will be nothing we can do. Then, it's will run away. As more snow and ice disappears, less light is reflected back, and warming speeds up.What is the worst result from warming? Well, if all the ice melts in Antarctica, which is happening, with hundreds of miles breaking off, and all from Greenland, and other areas, then the seas will rise by 300...