or Connect

Posts by melgross

Since I have these tablets, I'm aware of that. But no matter, as the performance of the Air was much better than the 4 of the previous year, and somewhat better than that of the iPhone, because, as usual, they ran it slightly faster than in the iPhone.Many developers praised the A7, and came out with much more advanced apps for it. AutoDesk was thrilled, because AutoCAD 360, which I use, was a much better app with the 64 bit A7. But, so what? Of all the purchasers of...
Apple HAS caused disruptions. But once a technology settles in, price begins to become the most important factor in a purchasing decision for most people. So Apple's market share drops from 100% to the mid 20's.The problem, as I've said several times here, and at other times, is that for most people, their products become less relevant. Why spend $500, when something else does what they want for $250? If Apple wants to keep those price points, then performance isn't...
We're almost exactly the same there, but I vacillated since 2002. Sorry about that ever since, but I really can't complain, particularly since dividends began pouring in. I had no idea that it would ever get this high, or that Apple would get this big. Really, who did back then. When Apple reached $36, my broker called me and said I should sell since I had made so much. When I refusrd, he asked; "What, you think it will go to $40?". I think I said; "Uh, yeah.".
The problem, as I see it, is that those of us who do benefit from an iPad, are buying them. But what is the percentage of people buying tablets who would benefit from those enhanced specs? Is it 75%, 50%, 25%, less?That's the problem Apple is faced with these days. When much cheaper tablets are "good enough" for most people's needs, then an Apple tablet loses its allure for an actual purchase, even if someone would rather have one. I use apps for which ever better...
Stop saying "he". Relic is not a he. She also knows more than most people here, including you.
Well, it's not so simple. Intel admits that it was Apple that came to them with the idea, and the specs they wanted to see. So while Intel did the actual development of at least most of the engineering work, would they have even thought of doing it if they haven't been approached by Apple? Likely not. Thunderbolt is doing better than ever. It's being accepted more than it was. As driver chips get down in price, more companies are using it.And let's look at the ARM...
Most of us here know DED pretty well. We know his goals. Therefor, it isn't in his interest in presenting anything that undermines those goals, unless everyone already knows it, and he therefor can't ignore it. But, even then, he attempts to denigrate it.His goal, and the goal of those here who unthinkingly defend him, it to put blinders on when he writes, so that he can ignore everything that contrasts with what he wants to say. What he wants to say it that Apple is...
Oh please! If you've actually been following DED on his own website, you'd know what he is. I've pointed out many flaws in his "facts" and reasoning to him over the years. He refuses to acknowledge them. Even if you prove to him that it's flawed, he often won't even read the evidence.This argument is flawed, because, for example, the new Tegra has better performance per core than the A8x, an argument that has been used for Apple's chips over the years, but since it only...
I was just going to say the same thing.I also disagree with his premise. With Apple only using their chips, and not selling them to others, they aren't threat to Qualcomm, or any other manufacturer who does sell chips. Unfortunely, most tablet sales increases are now for tablets costing less than $250. Because of that, the most advanced chips will be selling in a smaller percentage of devices as time goes on. It's one reason Apple didn't include this new (and more...
Art! Ten years to catch up at the present rate? Well, we all know how things can change on a dime. Apple needs to reverse a slight decline in tablet share.