or Connect

Posts by melgross

When Apple was having major problems from the end of 1995 through about 2003, software for the Mac had receded significantly. I remember that very well. When adobe needed to move to Windows because it looked that Apple might not be around in the late 1990's, the situation because worse. They ended up porting Photoshop and the rest of their software back to the Mac, using a Windows development platform. It didn't work as well, and they stopped supporting Mac specific...
This was well before that.
Reading your post has me thinking that you're pretty ignorant. Apple is bigger than most auto companies, and makes vastly more profit. It's naive to think that experience can't be bought. If you'd pay attention to the way Apple does things, you'd know that Apple doesn't build their own factories. They have the largest companies with the experience build their products, though Apple often does design, and have built, the machinery to do the work. They apparently have a lot...
It depends. If they do what I think they're going to do, then it will be a separate organization that will be funded by them, and offer the information to all these companies that bought it. This could work out really well for them. These are really big companies, and can afford, particularly together, to spend whatever they need to to keep this working well.
Apple loses, because they're still stuck with TomTom. And Apple has been spending hundreds of millions fixing errors from them, as well as adding much more mapping information that TomTom itself doesn't have, why pay another company so much per year to license their stuff, when you've got to spend so much more to fix it and add the rest they don't have? I'd rather buy my own company, and work to add to that. It would totally be under my control. TomTom is not under Apple's...
Well, that's Skype as it is, now. If Apple had bought it years ago, it would be very different. You can't compare the two.
Who do they use then. They don't have in house capability for this. I know that for certain.
I'm using the new iOS 9 beta. No problems so far. I'll try the features I've bug reported on already with the older versions, though some of those bugs were fixed from the first beta in the second. Some still exist, and a couple I just noticed in the second beta. Dot. Know whether they were new, or just that I didn't use those features in the first beta. Sometimes it's hard to remember. Unfortunately, Apple's bug reporting software doesn't give enough diversity in how we...
"Oh yeah"? Great comeback! I think we all know that you have to profit from it or it isn't very good. That's a given. But when you guys say marketshare is meaningless, you're sorely mistaken. The only ones that are profiting from this are the two manufacturers with the biggest marketshare, Apple and Samsung. That should tell you something.One reason why a company can have large marketshare, other than from being a monopoly, is because people want your products. If they...
The main reason why Apple had a 25% marketshare for so long in the USA was because of that exclusive contract with AT&T. Android makers first made it with Verizon, when they abandoned the Blackberry after the Storm failed so badly, with virtually 100% returns, according to the new book about RIM called "Losing The Signal". But quickly, they were taken up by all the big carriers, and most of the small ones as well. AT&T had about a 27% share of cell phone users, and almost...