or Connect

Posts by melgross

I was really surprised at that. I'm sure we all expected to see another minor 100MHz speed bump, which would have added a very small improvement, when we heard about the "x" model, I expected another 50% bump in graphics performance as per the older "x" bumps. But this threw me.Either Apple has bumped the speed up by much more than 100MHz, or has done something dramatic in the design in addition to a larger speed bump. With an entire extra billion transistors, they seem to...
Well, this is one of those times I'm happy to admit I was wrong. I really didn't think they would go all the way to 5k. I just hope those mobile GPU's will drive this sufficiantly.Both my wife and daughter want one, but I want to wait until Broadwell comes out. I think it will be a better match to the screen. Perhaps the newer Maxwell GPU's will be available for this by then.I'm also surprised by the pricing.What I don't remember now is whether the older models used IPS...
Maybe, but some of those reviewers had the phone for almost a week, and they are experienced at using many differing forms of technology, so they find it easier to adapt than the regular user is.I don't believe a thing the leaders of Blackberry have to say. They've lied to us for years now, and that includes Chen. We also haven't heard a single word about sales after that one announcement. The truth is that even now, Blackberry 7 phone sales consist of almost 70% of...
Actually, this phone has gotten far more bad reviews than good ones. One of the worst aspects of the phone is that keyboard. Reviewers have complained that the poor placement of the space bar messes up their typing. They also mention that requiring the screen for the extra keys, such as the question mark, etc. makes the entire thing clumsy. In addition, the shape and weight of the phone over the keyboard makes it very top heavy.This is another Blackberry phone that will fail.
What? Are you serious? Character assassination? We're talking about companies that have, on their sites, policy statements that say exactly what I just stated. They state that their purpose is to advance the interests of their clients. That's what we should expect. You think I'm the only one saying this?And don't throw in any nonsense about mods. Being a mod has nothing to do with anything. If you have a complaint about a writer on this site, thinking that they, as a...
I never feel defensive, as I have no need to. Yes, Cook made that statement. I do remember it. He either made it during a financial call, or at one of the "D" conferences, I don't remember exactly, because it was a good year ago, and I didn't expect to need it.But, sorry, your comment certainly did seem to be real, not funny, nor sarcastice. My comment to that does reflect your posting history, as I'm sure everyone who has been here for a while can attest to.We see, many...
Yes, about a year ago Tim Cook used that number, and it certainly looks correct. If Apple has a 14% marketshare here, that means among all buyers, consumer, business, educational and government. If, as we're told, sales to business and government is about 5% these days, then that means the other areas are now higher than 14%. Much higher. More than half of all computers are now bought by consumers. So saying 30% is very reliable.
I guess if you don't follow fashion, you might think that. Same thing if you don't know many teenagers. Or young twenty something's.
Apple has stated number out times in the past that they use Gorilla glass. Jobs made a big deal out of it when they first began using it, as it was Apple that got Corning to show them the glass in the first place when Apple went to Corning for glass, the first manufacturer to use glass, at least, in a real mass produced phone and music player. So we all know that it's Gorilla glass. Apple doesn't have to repeat it every iteration.The sim tool, which I still have, wasn't a...
Considering your posting history, that would be a negative.