or Connect

Posts by melgross

I guess if you don't follow fashion, you might think that. Same thing if you don't know many teenagers. Or young twenty something's.
Apple has stated number out times in the past that they use Gorilla glass. Jobs made a big deal out of it when they first began using it, as it was Apple that got Corning to show them the glass in the first place when Apple went to Corning for glass, the first manufacturer to use glass, at least, in a real mass produced phone and music player. So we all know that it's Gorilla glass. Apple doesn't have to repeat it every iteration.The sim tool, which I still have, wasn't a...
Considering your posting history, that would be a negative.
I don't get you. You should know better by now. If your going to mush around with something, then tell the entire truth. Chromebooks are are of minor use. Google Docs are the worst of the big three suits out there. Every review in the professional computer sites agrees with this. So while these sell to the "I don't wanna spend any money crowd.", and the education business, which has yet to find out all the limitations since its only been the last six months that...
It doesn't work that way. They have two faces for these reports. The one we see is the public face. That's all marketing, and to keep them in the public eye. It's intended to help their clients publicly, with an encouraging outlook for their own customers, and potential customers, or at least as encouraging as the continued real numbers allow.But the internal reports, which we don't see because they cost a pretty penny, are the real thing. These companies would never...
This is nothing new. I've been stating this for years, here, and many other places. But one reason for the changed numbers is that both Gartner and IDC present estimates. They don't wait until all the manufacturers report their quarters, and, as we see, their estimates are off. The discrepancy between their reports show that. But a year later, they have all of the correct numbers. The chart from last year that they use now contains those numbers. DED is often a bit nuts...
At least here in the USA, Macs comprise one out of three computers bought for the home, according to apple. I believe that. The numbers fit. I don't agree with the Marketshare numbers we see. I'm sure they are higher. Both Gartner and IDC underestimate Apple,s numbers so much that if they've done it again now, it's likely over 14% here, and over 8% worldwide. If business is buying Macs at a low rate, even though Mac sales to business has been rising at 50% a year for the...
You've never been in a car with someone who had to pay a toll? It's either cash, or the puck on your windshield. I live in NYC as well, but I do travel with people.I don't get the making it twice as easy though. They can track you, and that's that.
Maybe, but know that when Win 7 was out, Mac sales were increasing at a rate of between 25 and 35% a year. It was the iPad that slowed it down, just not the way it slowed Windows sales down..
Well, this should be interesting. Both companies have underestimated Apple's sales for years, with the occasional over estimate. I don't mind underestimates, as long as they small. But two quarter's ago the combined estimates from these companies was a fall of between 2-6%, but Mac sales went up by 17%. Last quarter, the combined estimates were between a fall of 1-6%, but sales were up by 18%. So either both companies have finally revised their methods, or, they are...