or Connect

Posts by melgross

Because, as always, when something new comes out, such as this, from a major corporation, the first adopters come out in droves. What matters is how this does over months, and then, years. What we see in the first week, or three, matters little.An interesting article:http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobile-technology/first-look-office-ipad-mixed-bag-good-first-step-239277
Your post is full of it, unless you're just printing satire. It doesn't matter what outsiders think. So yes, Apple is not growing at nearly the rate it has been, but what can we expect from a more than $200 billion a year company that doesn't artificially bolster its growth by buying up companies to directly add to it?Apple's Mac sales growth to enterprise has been over 50% a year for the last three years, and shows no sign of slowing down. The iPad comprises 95% of the...
That was including the ad sponsored, and I app purchasing models. Not just the paid for version.
What you are saying here is full of half truths. Some of it isn't even that. As far as Samsung's new " enterprise tablet goes, it's being highly criticized already as being clumsy, heavy, and not very suited for business. Again, another recent Samsung attempt to get ahead of a rumored Apple product, this time the 12.9" model being reported on everywhere. The model that Apple has never discussed, but that rumor now has Apple putting on the back shelf because of size and...
Yes, the analyst companies had claimed that in that last quarter of 2012, Samsung shipped at least1 million tablets to the USA. Interestingly enough, that compares to the 1.5 million that Samsung had claimed to have shipped here the last calendar quarter of 2010. The last quarter they have made any quarterly claims for their tablets and smartphones after Lenovo's calling them out on that.So we see that they sold less than 20% of the estimated shipping (often converted to...
If course it was manipulative. I wouldn't expect anything else, and I don't even blame them for that. It's marketing. As when Jobs stated, several times, that no one would want to see video on a device as small as an iPod or iPhone, and then, just six months later, upgrade the new iPod and iPhone to do just that.
Well, it was a number of years ago. I don't always remember things exactly from several years ago. You are still wrong though. You said that there was NO paid version for Android, and as I said, that is clearly wrong.Quote from your other post:"I don't believe it was ever anything BUT free for Android Mel,..."So I thought that logically, they would have first have come out with the paid version that sold very poorly, and then came out with the ad supported version. But...
Ok, I found a good one. The charts are a bit hard to read, as these sites all too often publish them as a graphic, rather than as characters, but you can read them.Look at the quarterly numbers for each of the three models. In particular, notice how sales actually went down as time went on, even for the newer models. A number of quarters, sales foe the models were below 40,000, even dropping to...
It was on the sites it certainly wasn't hidden.I'm looking for links. This was a few years ago so they can be buried. The first on I have gives overall sales numbers, and a few specific Samsung smartphone sales numbers. I'll look for the specific ones I'm talking about.
They're going g to offer a Home version for $69 a year that includes, I believe, one computer and possibly one iPad.