or Connect

Posts by melgross

What are you talking about? Of course it takes you back one step. By one step, that's what I mean. It's a back button. Not for typing letters, or turning pages back in a book, but moving one step back on the DEVICE. That's the whole point to it. You don't like the button, but that's just you.
Not exactly.GT's board filed for "debter in possession". That means that they will stay in control by getting another lender for the money required.That new lender gets put at the front of the line, and has the ability to take possession of everything.But, Apple could take on that new role, and then they would be the debter in possession.Otherwise, apple could just take possession of the equipment in the plant, as they own the plant itself, and the equipment was bought...
No. Apple can emerge as a new investor. If they become a new primary investor, they get first dibs on everything, and their investments are preserved. They could then sell off the parts of GT they don't need. Afterwards, they could do whatever they wanted to with the plant, equipment, patents, etc.
I doubt if anything will change. Apple forwarded them the money for this. If everything had worked out as was expected, they wouldn't be in trouble.But people have to stop assuming that Apple was planning on using this for their phones. We don't know that. The situation is likely much simpler, that as they announced, their expectations weren't met as to quality or production.
This is the way business works. We dint know what the contract said, so we can't really talk intelligently about the consequences. And people have to stop blaming apple for anything here. Every company does what is best for themselves. It may not work out, as it apparently hasn't here.But GTAT was a small company. If this worked out, they would have become a big company. That's often a major lure to take risks. As we do t know exactly what the breath of products Gt was...
There is surely nothing new, or different about the contracts Apple writes up. Every major contract has performance penalties written in. Some have performance bonuses as well.If a company can't meet volume or spec marks, then there is a problem, and the customer doesn't expect to get hurt from it.
I agree. The guy is selling stock as it's going up, and continues to go up. But he sells a measly amount one day before an announcement, and he's being investigated. It's nuts! He knew for months that apple wouldn't use sapphire, so why not investigate all of his sales this year instead? And why now, just because a publication sees this one tiny sale?
T-Mobile throttles with the best of them. All the companies throttle. But T-Mobile has terrible service out of most heavily populated areas, which is why their plans look good.But it is indeed annoying that Verizon is stopping at 12Gb. Our plan is 10GB, so we don't get it. But, maybe later.
Ok, I don't get that.
Not really. When we were on AT&T, I had an unlimited data plan for our two iPads. They renewed each month. The contract was that buying an iPad and signing up with them gave us unlimited data plans as long as we continued to pay for it. In fact, even if we didn't pay for a month, or more, we would get the same plan if we began paying again. Only if we moved to a cheaper, limited plan, could we not move back to unlimited. I'm assuming Verizon operates in about the same way.