or Connect

Posts by melgross

You might not, and I wouldn't, but many people do. Otherwise, everyone would be buying only the most expensive smartphones when their contract comes up, and they don't. It's also why moving the Macbook Air fron $999 to $899 was considered to be such a big deal. And also why their move now to drop the high end 5k iMac by $200 from $2,499 to $2,299 is also being said to be a big deal.People usually look at price first. Only then do they consider everything else. Sometimes,...
it makes sense for Apple to do this. It's more important to get touch security out there to as many people around the world as possible, and to get the full Apple Pay ability out as well. These are part of the reason why people buy these products from Apple.
The only glass are the small Windows for the antenna on the back. The rest is the aluminum case. When we think of glass backed phones, we think of the 4 and 4S series with full glass backs.
$150 to $200 is a very big difference. A VERY big difference. We're not talking of a difference between $1,200 and $1,350. That's not a big difference, even though many people would still think about it before buying.But we're talking of almost twice the price for the small Apple Watch and the new Pebble, and exactly twice the price for the big Apple Watch. That's a very big difference.
You don't know what you're talking about.
There aren't really. Apple's pricing is much greater that the Pebble. The new one, I think, will be just $200. Apple's is, at $349, for the small one, and $399, for the large one, much more.But then, it also does much more, and is much nicer.This is competing against low, and medium priced, Android Wear watches.
It isn't identified until you lift your wrist, and look at it. By identification, I mean by sound, so you don't have to read it. That's a big difference. Since you can't do that, limiting what appears on the watch is necessary. Perhaps you don't get more than a few notifications a day, and perhaps you have few apps that use notifications. For for many of us, that's simply not true. We need to limit what appears on the phone, and more so, on a watch.I get notifications from...
That's what I meant.
They were told to merge, period.You also need to know how governments and corporations are owned, and managed, in Europe. Very often, governments own a percentage of the company, and have representatives on the boards, and sometimes, even in management. It's very different than here.
They also need to make a profit. I don't understand why people seem to think that pricing is arbitrary. This isn't jewelry, a high priced mechanical watch, or high end audio equipment.