or Connect

Posts by melgross

Flat glass is pretty easy. There are a number of techniques for doing so. Otherwise it would be I possible to have the very large plasma and LCD TV set out now.But curved is very difficult. You're thinking of very low quality glassware. Low quality when compared to optical processes, that is. Doing very thin and optical quality is very difficult in curved. But it has been done.I just don't see why anyone would want to. Anyone here remember old monitors and TV sets? No...
It's a matter of thinking logically when considering a purchase. Of course, not all machines are ideal for all work, and I'm certainly not saying that. This is why Apple, and other manufacturers have different line-ups. But if someone is a developer, for example, and is writing software that isn't a Photoshop, but rather something lighter, and many, if not most developers are, then a well equipped Mini would serve well. If more power is needed, then another would be...
There have been devices that can be wired into a wall switchbox for this. They've been around for many years, decades even. I used to have them in our bathrooms when my daughter was small. Enter the room, and the lights connectd to the box come on. Leave the room, and they go off. Sensitivity, and (often) angle of view can be adjusted so that small animals won't trigger the light. A child crawling on the floor wont trigger it either in that case. The amount of time before...
What was required a few years ago, and what is required today are different animals. Today's Mac Mini is more powerful that the early PowerMacs, and the first Mac Pro. Unless the requirements for compiling have risen terrifically, a Mini should be fine. Same thing is true for Aperture. And unless you're working on multi 100 meg files in Photoshop with lots do layers and live compositing, it should work fine there as well with 16GB RAM.
We're talking about Google Tv, not Google Play, or their cable network.
Well, a lot of sites now have an app. This is nice. But to be truthful, I've found these apps to have limited usefulness. As long as you use it for special purposes, such as following up on the notifications, they're great. But a problem I've noted is that as with the idea of TC channels each being presenters as separate apps, it quickly becomes messy. So having a handful is ok, but having a dozen, or more, becomes unwieldy. So you must be very selective. A problem ensues...
So you're telling me that all the premium channels are available? If true, that really new, because it hasn't be.
I don't look the fool here, because I'm not. We're not even as far apart as you think. The difference is that you seem to think that nothing is ever a problem, which is categorically untrue. And just because I haven't programmed professionally for some time doesn't mean that I'm not aware of what's happening these days. I just don't have that pair of rose colored glasses you seem to wear all the time.
Even if you're buying a graphics card for a computer, you're most likely buying a cheaper one. Those cards rarely are good for even a year. So you end up buying a new one on a regular basis. If Apple included a GPU in these machines, as I've already stated, they would be bigger, heavier, consume more power, and be more expensive. Most people would prefer them the way they are now. If you want something with a GPU, then buy it. If you don't like the fact that its bigger,...
I already pointed out how, and where it isn't the same. Where is all the premium content for Google Tv? How about for their cable network? That's just for a start. You're not responding to this.The way it works is different as well. aTv is vastly simpler to use. A major complaint about Google Tv is that it's very difficult to understand.