or Connect

Posts by melgross

There are ways around this. Office could come as one app, with tappable buttons for the other portions. Besides, what is meant by suites of apps? I have several apps that qualify as suites. You have a main menu, and from that you select which app in the suite you want. You can purchase more apps for the suite as you need.I'm sure the developer could assign common memory storage for the suite so that figures from a spreadsheet could be used in a word processor or...
They are going to have to compete with the other major ticketing companies who are now using Passbook. But so far, those ticketing companies aren't allowing the purchase of tickets through Passbook. That could come in the future.
I imagine there will be people who would. Why not? People trust a lot of vendors with their credit cards. If a lot of people are buying their phones, I don't see why they wouldn't trust them with their credit cards. While I do t like what Samsung is doing in regard to Apple, I do have several of their products. I'm not going to maintain a jaundiced view of them in all areas.But Samsung doesn't have the ecosystem that Apple does, and it takes years to built one up.
Right now, there is little that you can directly buy with Passport. Only Starbucks does that as far as I know. We can use out Apple app to buy at Apple's stores, but for some reason, that doesn't use Passbook. Odd!Starbucks requires you to put money into the app through their web site, which the app links to, one reason you need the app. That money is taken from your credit card. I believe this works like a gift card. You pay for the card up front, and the credit card...
It requires actual work to get an e-ticket, and then you must print it out. This is still a new concept to most people. By eliminating the printing step it will be made much easier.These things take time. Smartphones have been out for more than 13 years, and it's only now that their use is approaching 50%, and that's only in richer countries. It took the iPhone to bring the idea of a smartphone to the general populace. Without that, use might still be stuck in the 10%...
As you say, 10's of thousands won't get it, but tens of millions will. As for extra apps, right now, they are needed for much of this, but it's very possible that, in the future, they won't be.I understand that for something like Starbucks, where you actually pay for the product, in Passbook, you need an app in order to easily link to their site to put a payment into the app for Passbook. I've already used this, and it works very well.But just remember that this is the...
I don't have to give any more rebuttals to you because I gave a number of logical reasons why you are wrong when we first had this discussion previously, you don't know anything about manufacturing, or marketing, that's obvious. You stick with your fractured thinking despite events overtaking you. It's hopeless arguing with that. So I won't bother. It's also your tactic to think that someone who throws his hands up in disgust with someone's obviously flawed (and continued)...
It doesn't matter what some person wrote in Wikipedia. Since when is that a real definition? It's just as much his opinion as anything else.You're wrong, but I'm stopping here. Say whatever else you like. We can all just have a modest giggle at it.
Pistols at 500 miles.
Well, they're both fruit.