or Connect

Posts by melgross

Yeah, I haven't had time to look at that yet. I'm hoping it isn't something I want to allow open.
It's possible. I think I've tesolved one. It's cpuAt least one is. The others just type out as usual without shortcuts, then I have to fix them.Now, that first response to you has the word that freezes Safari, which it did there. I closed the app down and came back. The site must have saved what I typed, which is why those three letters (I'm not even going to try typing them!) are showing. The way I have that word in shortcuts capitalizes it.
I'm having a few noticeable problems. Battery life on both my iPhone 5 and iPad Air are a bit worse. Not a problem, but noticeable. More of a problem is with Safari, or possibly the new predictive typing mode. Two problems. The first is occasional freezes in Safari when typing in posts. At first, it was really strange. I typed two letters in, and it froze. I closed the app thought the manager, went back to the page, and when I typed the same two letters, it froze...
That's a good one.
It depends on what you mostly use the phone for. For some time, I wanted the smaller phone. Using friend's large Samsung Notes, and Galaxy's, anything over 5" seemed way too large. But with what I'm reading about the feel of these phones, along with the extra feature set of the 6+, I'm now inclined to buy that model.Why? Well, the optical stabilization is better than the electronic version. I use my phone to take a lot of pictures, and some video, so that matters a lot to...
Ha! Got you on that. It's not an iDevice. It's called the Apple Watch.
No it's not too thick, and it doesn't have to go under a shirt sleeve. If you look at more expensive watches, many are between 9 and 12.5mm thick, and they don't go under a shirt sleeve.Even many dress watches don't go under a shirt sleeve. If someone wants a thin watch, they can buy one of those too. But as a requirement, no.If you wear an expensive watch that is thick, as many are, and you really want them to go under your cuff, the you wear a French cuff, and it will go...
It doesn't need to put a large dent into battery life. All design is a tradeoff. This would be just one thing in many affecting battery life, and as such, was likely considered. When I designed equipment, memory draw was always a consideration. Whether or not you want to believe it, it was very likely a consideration for Apple as well.
Just as a point of interest, as this discussion has veered way off course, and the last I'll post on this: http://www.computerworld.com/article/2684613/in-scotland-tech-firms-fear-independence-vote.html
To clear this up, let me explain how DRAM works. Most people should know this, but apparently the lesson has been forgotten.Dynamic RAM needs to be refreshed every few milliseconds. That uses power. It's not like NAND used for storage. Even if there is nothing in DRAM, it still needs to be refreshed. DRAM can need heatsinks because it can get hot, in high performance modules. This uses power. Where does power come from in mobile devices? Yes, batteries. How much power gets...