or Connect

Posts by Scott Finlayson

What cake...? The need for an Apple-designed and Apple-branded solution is what's being discussed. Not just "any old dock". Have you looked at those Frankenstein Monster-esque solutions...? Granted, they are doing the best with what's made by Apple, but they are still hideous and enormous. Those 3rd part products are band-aids... built out of necessity because of a lack of consideration from Apple regarding dockability. I truly think Apple could easily "solve" this issue...
I just had a MAJOR crash - ant it happened just as I tapped the AIM icon. While it *is* possible that it's coincidental, I tend to think it was caused by AIM since it's been "buggy" since day-1. When I say "MAJOR" crash... I mean unrecoverable. When I initiated a reboot - it stayed on the silver Apple logo for about 5-minutes. I then tried holding down both buttons again to force a reboot... same, it hung on the silver Apple for several minutes. I then tried the...
Wow! I have to sway toward the side of getting tired of "People Making Idiotic Lawsuits". Here's the deal: As others have said, It has been known for QUITE SOME TIME before the iPhone ever hit the streets that the battery was not user-replaceable. I remember seeing people discuss it on one of those cable-news networks one morning - a bunch of analysts hemming & hawing. This was NOT A SECRET. Second - Until you need to replace a battery - it's a NON ISSUE...! If...
Is it just on "my" screen that my response is up at the top of the responses...? I was (i think) the 5th or 6th person to respond, yet on my screen, my reply is at the top of the screen...???
My guess: The original hand model was not holding anything - notice there are no reflections of the fingers on the original images. They basically PhotoShop'ed the unit in post. With the newer shots, the hand model is actually holding the unit. My guess is that the designers were approximating the size of the unit and got it "in-the-ballpark"... but not until the tv-spots and "real" product shots show the unit in someone's REAL hand, did it become apparent that...
Wow... I agree that a LOT of you are looking a little too-deeply into symbolism and hidden meanings. I think it's simply just a teaser that this year is going to be an exciting one - almost a new beginning for Apple with some of the new announcements. I doubt there are any hints to "specifics" within the message or imagery... ...just a general "Hey, Happy new year and stay tuned for some cool stuff coming soon...!" just my 2ยข...
Oh boy - here comes the Apple teasers. Have you SEEN the new homepage at apple...?
OH! I thought "Temporary Insanity" appeared before any event that may be coming-up... like the Sept. 12th event. My-bad. Why not just "pull" the topic until then...? Anyhow... my feelings on the potential product remain the same. Peace... -sf
This thread was too "safisticated" for me...
First of all... no one else posting here yet...? Is this the Twilight Zone...? any-hewww... Based 100% on speculation and numerous assumptions, I want to comment on what *may* be a future Apple product. Let's presume that my interpretation of all the speculation floating-around the inter-web is this: An iPod-like device that utilizes a similar form-factor to current iPods, but the screen encompasses the ENTIRE face of the product. The display is capable of...