or Connect

Posts by foregoneconclusion

Give me a break. Look at the list...how does a company like Visa improve it's image with consumers by 41% in a single year? What kind of innovation did Coca-Cola bring to the table??? 
 It's fairly easy to tell the difference between the PS4 and Xbox One controllers.
My own experience using TouchID is that it has trouble recognizing prints when your skin dries out too. The extra roughness or tiny cracks due to your skin being too dry can throw it off.
Translation: Apple hasn't made enough billion dollar acquisitions to bluff the market into thinking that they've bought their way into a dynamic new field of growth. C'mon, Apple, throw Barclay's analysts a bone and light a few billion on fire for some robots, or thermostats, or social apps.
 Wouldn't be Cook bringing it up because he basically said that Snowden was full of it, but with more tactful wording.
 Edward Snowden already beat you to that comparison, but it's a rather ridiculous one. It's the type of comparison that you might make if you had superficially skimmed through the 1984 Cliff Notes while in junior high.
 Would you agree that hostility exists between the U.S. government and terrorists that threaten U.S. citizens or U.S. government property, both domestically and on foreign soil? And that the possibility exists that those terrorists could have contacts within the boundaries of the United States? Those are exactly the reasons that the NSA uses for surveillance activity that might include domestic data, which means, like the George Washington example, there's ample evidence...
 The NSA metadata collection was placed under the supervision of the FISC in 2006. The FISC itself has never ruled that collecting metadata was in itself illegal. In fact, it's the FISC ruling that metadata collection was legal that was called into question by the recent PCLOB review of Section 215. However, this is not even close to being an issue that "nobody is arguing". Two federal judges have already ruled that they consider the practice under Section 215 of the...
 The information that I see coming up from that search is specific to declassified FISC court instructions. Obviously if the FISC is providing guidance, it's not going to be for something the court itself considers to be illegal. And again, this is an older document from 2007. 
 All of the NSA domestic surveillance in question per the Snowden classified documents is post 9/11, meaning it's specific to the "war on terror" and the Patriot Act passed by Congress. The most recent PCLOB review that deemed the bulk collection of telephone metadata to be illegal was specific to the language in Section 215 of the Patriot Act. However, the PCLOB also deemed the government's intent for collecting those records to have been in "good faith", i.e., they saw...