or Connect

Posts by foregoneconclusion

The founding fathers were no strangers to espionage. George Washington had a spy ring in New York called the Culper Ring that reported to him directly on British activity. 
Larger screen, UHD resolution, 4K output capability.
 No, I listen to quite a bit of ambient music. iTunes Radio tends to play maybe 4-6 tracks that fall into that category, and then will make an abrupt switch to another music category, like pop. A bit odd, considering that iTunes has a huge ambient music selection. It also tends to repeat ambient tracks that I already own...perhaps 50% or more of what is played. Pandora is currently much better at continuing to play music that matches the initial artist the user selects in...
 They've got quite a bit of work to do. My own impression from comparing the two is that Apple isn't really trying to compete with Pandora. 
The method and view for quitting apps that are running in iOS 7 is worth the update by itself. So much better than what was used in the past versions of iOS...
I wonder what the issue will turn out to have been. I have a 2nd Gen Apple TV and although the update was unusually slow, I didn't experience any problems with it after it was finished installing.
 The source of the fingerprint is the real issue. If it's supposed to come from the touchscreen itself, then all the user has to do to defeat it is not lock the phone with a print from the hand that they use to operate the touchscreen. If it's supposed to come from another source, then it's unlikely to apply to the standard lost or stolen phone scenario. 
There's an obvious missing element from the video: where did they get the fingerprint that was used to create the synthetic fake? The insinuation is that this could be done using fingerprints from the phone's touch surface, but my guess is that smudging and incomplete prints would make finding a complete print a  low probability. Also, it would require the fingerprint that unlocks the phone to come from hand that the user operates the touch screen with...which means the...
Pretty much confirms that larger sized phones are the most popular with people who don't already own a tablet. It's a bridge device, i.e., an acceptable compromise for some consumers in the short term.
  Lower prices? Not really. It's more about profit margin. For example, the garment industry moved most shoe and clothing manufacturing to low wage countries decades ago but there was no plunge in retail prices when they did so. It wasn't motivated by passing along the savings to the customer. They simply continued to charge the same prices they always did while pocketing more profit. If it were about lowering prices, companies like Nike wouldn't charge $100+ for shoes...