or Connect

Posts by entification

I am not about to try to score one group's suffering over another, though I would point out that even into the 1960's blacks continued to be subjected to Jim Crow, segregation, "separate but equal" (have you ever seen photos of the supposedly equal schools?), voter intimidation, et. al.  And interestingly enough, it was Jewish people, who understood first hand how bad discrimination was, that largely helped black Americans in the attempt to gain their rights (and yes,...
 I think it might all make sense to me now.  Let me know if perhaps this could be true.  You seem to be afraid or upset about companies attempting to offer scholarships and additional opportunities to minorities.  Is it because you feel that by giving something away, they're taking from you what could potentially be yours?  Thereby giving an advantage to another person? Are you afraid that in doing so, you could eventually be left with less, and the minority with more?  If...
 I thought you were on my side RedHotFuzz.  It does NOT sound great to me.  White-male discrimination ended in the 1960's and that's a FACT.  I happened to be born right about that time (1965).  So why should my outcome be any different than a black guy or woman who was also born that same year?  Well I'll tell you why-- it was purely my skill, intellect, and drive.  Liberals like to claim it is because I grew up in a neighborhood that had good public schools while the...
 RIGHT ON Tallest Skil! Some people just don't get it like you and I do.  Case in point: I just recently bought a brand spankin' new Mac Pro WITH MY OWN HARD EARNED MONEY that I earned from a small business I started myself.  You see, I run a small antiques shop.  I got started in antiques when my grandfather gave me this heirloom that had been passed down from his own grandfather.  It was authenticated to be a shackle that was likely used in either the slave trade or...
 Hey SpamSandwich, What do you mean?  I'm on your side!  It's history!  I mean, there hasn't been white-male racism in the United States since the 1960's I think.  And what happened in the past, well, let that stay in the past! And RIGHT ON about the Supreme Court ruling!  It's obvious that they know what's right better than anyone else (otherwise how would they get on the highest court in the free world?!)  For some reason, there remain parts of our population who refuse...
 I know, right?!!  Based on these so-called "diversity initiatives" you'd think that "minorities" had for centuries been passed over for things because of their race or gender.  Where the heck do they get that from?!?!
  Nor has there been a single study, scientific or otherwise, justifying the FAA's rule that two pilots must fly commercial passenger airliners.  In fact, there have been several cases recently (JetBlue crazy pilot, etc) where it has been proven that a single pilot can safely fly the airplane.     Nor has there been a single study, scientific or otherwise, justifying the FAA's rule that C4 explosives without the detonators be banned from my carry-on.  There hasn't been a...
Why bother having industry professionals and experts tasked with using their expertise when everything could simply be done by politicians? Try as they might, whims and "common sense" don't beat science and reason.
  That's simply not true.  If something has been publicly demonstrated or disclosed, then a claimant has a certain amount of time to file for a patent-- otherwise, anyone else can come along and reproduce or take from the invention.  But someone else can not come along and patent something that has already foregone the patent.  Actually in a way that's what Apple may have been found to do-- i.e. it's being alleged that Apple's patent is being invalidated due to "prior...
How is it that on AppleInsider comments, when a company sues Apple for a patent that was granted to them, and then that patent is later invalidated, that company is/was an Apple hating troll, but if Apple gets a patent that is later invalidated, then it's a conspiracy lead by Apple's "world class enemies"?