or Connect

Posts by entification

For the record-- I completely understand (and in many cases agree with) Apple's attempts to keep the computing experience "clean" for the user, and apparently millions of consumers don't mind it either! But a "safety gear" is a seatbelt, or an airbag. A "safety gear" doesn't restrict who is allowed in the car (that's an anti-theft device). I think it's more equivalent to, in the name of safety, designing the car such that it will only operate on pre-approved highways...
I see your point. In making the iPad, Apple has made the equivalent "safe, automatic, and requiring little mechanical or technical knowledge." I'm sorry that I didn't realize that the multitude of wireless telecommunications standards had anything to do with "technical knowledge." I never DID understand why companies decided to dumbify it as "2G", "3G", or "4G". It's not like most people don't recognize the differences between TDMA and CDMA based standards-- what idiot...
Well, Apple itself seems to think its customers are too stupid to be allowed to install their own software without going through Apple's own store. On one hand the customers need to be protected from themselves installing potential viruses/etc, but on the other hand the customer should not be "stupid", not knowing the differences between "UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSDPA in the 850mhz, 900mhz, 2900mhz, and 2100 mhz ranges." I guess in your mind they can have it both ways?
No, not exactly. It's like Apple advertising the "iPad 100g" as an iPad that weighs only 100 grams (with footnote #6 specifying that it may weigh a full 600 grams if used outside of the Moon).
It's a good thing I stopped using my @mac.com e-mail account a couple of years ago. I'd hate to be using that account for all of my e-mail-- printing it on my business cards and stationary, using it in the course of personal and business relationships, etc. only to find out that Apple has decided that they wouldn't transmit my e-mail because it contained a link to Amazon for something that Apple's store carries. Afterall, it's within their private...
There are a lot of people here who are making calculations to demonstrate that their salary is equivalent to minimum wage workers in the U.S. based on the cost of living in China. People are doing things like equating a $10 US meal to a 70 cent meal in China, or how workers are only spending 10% of their income on their housing compared to an expectation 0f 25% or more in the U.S. I'm assuming that most of the people who are forming these kinds of calculations have...
Keep in mind that they're living in shared accommodations. You can do so easily in the United States if earn minimum age. Just keep in mind that you will be sharing a single large room with 5 to 7 other people. $7.25 * 10 hours = $72.50. $72.50 * 7 = $507.50/month. Depending on where you live in the U.S. this could pay for something a little larger than a dormitory-style room with shared facilities.