or Connect

Posts by wubbus

As a nominal defendant Apple is not on the hook, as I understand it, however must be named for this to be a valid complaint.  This is about a shareholder saying the board/management didn't act in his best interests.  Seeing as he owns a part of the company, certainly seems right that he is able to take action against the board (who is supposed to represent shareholders) and "his" employees.  Other shareholders may disagree and of course choose not to participate.
Does anyone know if previous iTunes purchases (music, movies etc) will be shareable or is it just future purchases?
Looks nice but hard to see users getting a lot of ongoing usage out of.
Would seem to make more sense to have unobtrusive 30-pin and Lightning connectors at each seat/table, so all iPhone users could take advantage, not just the handful that own a Duracell case???   Hard to see many iPhone users swayed towards a Duracall case just because they can now wirelessly charge at a Starbucks.
Unfortunately a restore doesn't work. Some fairly lengthy complaints about this on the Apple boards as well. Admittedly I have not made a genius appointment to see if they have any ideas so perhaps I should do that.
The biggest bug in iMessage is still the "Messages (saved)" bug that takes up 4GB of space on my iPhone and cannot be deleted. Hoping for a fix in iOS 7.1.x ...
A $3B+ acquisition will certainly be noticeable on their quarterly cash flow statement. Obviously wouldn't name Beats but would be conclusive at that point.
It's not about price matching. But Apple's pricing is driven by consumer affordability, input costs on building a device and yes competitive offerings. There's a reason the iPhone isn't priced at $2,000.
Apple loyalists should want Samsung to have a strong presence in the smartphone and tablet markets. Decent competition keeps innovation high and prices low(er). Apple's device share in enterprise is impressive. I just wish they'd turn iWork into a real office productivity competitor to MS Office. The current offering doesn't cut it for those that need a serious office package. Then so many more could cut the laptop cable and go primarily iPad/iPhone.
I think the analyst is missing the price spread between various GB capacities in each model in backing into the weighted average ASP reported by Apple, isn't he? Or did he already incorporate that in the prices shown in that simple table? Looks like he's only using the entry level price for each model.