or Connect

Posts by wubbus

A $3B+ acquisition will certainly be noticeable on their quarterly cash flow statement. Obviously wouldn't name Beats but would be conclusive at that point.
It's not about price matching. But Apple's pricing is driven by consumer affordability, input costs on building a device and yes competitive offerings. There's a reason the iPhone isn't priced at $2,000.
Apple loyalists should want Samsung to have a strong presence in the smartphone and tablet markets. Decent competition keeps innovation high and prices low(er). Apple's device share in enterprise is impressive. I just wish they'd turn iWork into a real office productivity competitor to MS Office. The current offering doesn't cut it for those that need a serious office package. Then so many more could cut the laptop cable and go primarily iPad/iPhone.
I think the analyst is missing the price spread between various GB capacities in each model in backing into the weighted average ASP reported by Apple, isn't he? Or did he already incorporate that in the prices shown in that simple table? Looks like he's only using the entry level price for each model.
Well they're all missing out because MS Excel is the greatest application ever written.
 Nope, the bug remains on both iPhone and iPad.  I'm sure iOS 7.1.2 won't let me down.
Hoping they've fixed the "Messages (Saved)" bug that takes up an enormous amount of space on my iPhone/iPad (about 4GB on each).  No amount of deleting message threads will remove it.
You'd be ok with being the one pulling the trigger?
All that matters is whether the shareholders think they are getting value for money. They're the ones paying Cook. If someone else can generate the same or better returns for cheaper (while stewarding the company the way that is acceptable to the shareholders) then that's the math they need to look at.
I'm glad that Apple put some focus on improving iPhone 4 performance, and I'm impressed they got that much improvement in the Messages app. But this is a great chart to show just how sluggish iPhone 4 performs on iOS 7.X to iOS 6.X.  Hopefully future 7.X iterations continue this trend.