or Connect

Posts by wubbus

How are users generally finding the reliability of iMessage? - as a simple SMS replacement, works fine. Does what a text message can do (plus read/delivered receipt, and shows when other user is typing) - for the more innovative features (group iMessage, syncing between iDevices) I find it can be very unreliable. Messages out of order on syncing, will receive on one device but not the other, and some recipients on group iMessages receive messages after a long delay, but...
Reminder:  Einhorn is suing to ultimately get the vote unbundled, not to get his preferred share idea done.  So much misinformation around this on prior threads.
I usually think that the best advertisements are the ones where you don't need to make reference to your competitors (hence why I think so many of the Apple ads are top notch). But this one is well done in my opinion. Comes off as an almost playful jibe at Apple.
Total agreement. Flyover is the kind of thing that I've looked at maybe 3 or 4 times on my iPad. It's impressive what they've accomplished, but I just find no practical use for it whatsoever. Perhaps other users find otherwise. But for me I'd have no problem if they eventually send Flyover the same direction they did for Ping...I find continued frustration with Apple Maps for local business data, and I've used it extensively. It feels like almost nothing that I search for...
EXACTLY as you said it.  In a calendar quarter AAPL will do a total volume of 1.9 billion (90 days at 21M shares per day)...and they are calling out 1 million shares being dumped in a quarter?  That's ridiculous analysis.     Even if you took out that 1 million shares from the market cap at $0/share you would knock AAPL's market cap down by about 0.1%...   The real answer is the broader market (institutional and retail) started selling off AAPL for a variety of reasons....
If you read the Greenlight press release, the lawsuit IS NOT suing Apple to force them to proceed with his preferred shares concept.     The lawsuit IS suing to get Apple to "unbundle" the vote on Apple's decision to remove pref shares from allowable share capital.  Greenlight wants that decision to be voted on separately as opposed to together with two other initiatives that Greenlight supports.     I repeat...he is not suing to get his idea accepted.  He is...
  I think MSFT is only providing a loan and not taking an equity stake.  They clearly have a vested interest in getting the deal done (otherwise why lend the cash) but I don't think they are taking an active management role in Dell, just becoming a creditor. 
  I don't think the analyst is saying that purchase commitments is directly tied to the gross margins.  I think she's saying the reduced purchase commitments are an indicator of minimal hardware changes in a possible iPhone 5s model.  This model, together with stable end user prices but falling NAND prices, would improve margins.  I think the issue may be how this article is written, not the analyst's logic.  Without reading the analyst's original commentary, it is...
  I see where you're going on this but I'm not really pushing the "workers rights" angle (as it might be viewed from a union perspective, for example), or any any comparison to factory workers, I entirely agree it's a different arena.     But I do maintain that these employees are really only able to realize near full value (loosely defined) for their services provided that they can be recruited (or passively hired) by companies that would similarly value their services....
  I think his/her point was that they had already unloaded their shares, not that they were unloading shares today because of this article (or the quarterly results).