or Connect

Posts by junkie

Treos currently have a Google map app that seems somewhat similar to the functionality that was demo'd. Google Maps on Treo also has traffic and directions but does it without GPS. You need to give it a zip code or address where you are and where you are going to get directions. It can't tell you when to turn like a turn GPS but it does give you turn by turn directions similar to what you'd get from the Google Maps website. You can also look up businesses in the area. ...
1) I think people are trashing this report for no reason. These are all reasonable predictions and for as much as you may criticize her, Ms Runkle has found a way to get paid for doing what you all are doing for free - so cheers to her. 2) Part of the mixed up reports in my opinion might be confusion about 2 devices. One being a new full sized ipod with one side being a full 16:9-ish display for video. The other being an iPod phone with a size in between the current...
They should be allowed to have the booth they paid for. They should not disrupt other booths. One picture shows a GP person near the Apple booth handing out Apples - that is not right. I'd like Apple to be greener. One way would be allowing more upgrades to products like the iMac - those screens outlive the logic board - no reason to toss them every 3 years.
Ok so this is what I figured. It sounds like a *lot* of work. And think of what it does to their workflow. If they could make both Windows and OSX PPC in CW and now must use Xcode for Mac Universal and CW for Windows, it just does not sound very good. I bet we will start to see some differences come in between the Mac and Win apps - which would suck. Seems like more than a few months of work. Sounds like up to a year. i doubt these ship as soon as people hope and...
I don't think it is a simple matter of recompile. I think for Office and these apps, all of which were likely made without Xcode it means transitioning their code to a new development environment and different compilers. maybe someone else can talk about what is involved. I wonder how much it complicates cross platform development for Adobe. Previously I would think they could do Mac and Win in something like Codewarrior, Now they can't, right? Can a developer...
what about freehand?
for a laptop waiting makes sense - power savings are worth a lot. But really you might be out till Oct before you get it. How much is it worth to you to have it before then?
I just hope we see MacPro and iMac shipping next week. The only downside I can see for Apple is that they don't want to disrupt back-to-school buying the a model changeover. Whoever said that the change will be incremental seems correct. I saw a test comparison and it was only a few percent faster. Maybe 64 bit is a big deal - maybe not. If they don't ship iMac next week I may buy the current one. I need to get a machine like yesterday.
See the thing is that I think Apple really wants to differentiate a Pro line from the consumer line - so I think its possible to that the mini will stay Yonah for a while. Maybe you will see a range of CPU in the mini but I think they might leave it a little crippled compared to other machines. I hate that they do this but I think they like to do it to segment the market a little - which helps their margins. But who knows, they might have a new philosophy with the switch...
OK in terms of the Mac Pro - I totally agree. The G5 case is very bulky - it is due for a trim for sure. I don't like those handles. I guess there has been rumors about Apple not reducing the size all that much. I kinda believe those rumors - but I can still see them making it a little less massive seeming. My comments about not needing a form factor change were directed more for MacBook Pro casing. It seems nice to me currently. I love what they did with the...