or Connect

Posts by junkie

I think we won't see a lot of change to the mini or macbook for now. But as much as it sucks to wait - I'd at least wait till WWDC. The tough call will be if they don't announce there - then its limbo. MacPro and MacBookPro will my guess be Meron and we might see a new metallic MBP in 13 based on Meron. This is pure speculation - but it would make sense to me to have a full tier of high performance products on the higher grade chip in metal. I don't put as much into...
I am wondering what people think the chances are of an iMac update soon. Here is my take: I am trying to follow this - its all guesswork. Seems to me like iMacs could ship soon - like on or near WWDC. I figure its easier to get the Conroe now and the iMac chassis is easier to handle heat issues with than a MBP. If they got a G5 in there, they should be able to handle the Conroe - but who knows. Also, I am thinking that the iMac is due for an update. It was the first...
I did not say they bought handspring for an OS. I said Palm had an opportunity to be a phone OS. They had sync and mobility. They could have been a software maker for cell phones and added a lot of value at the time but they wanted to be just a PDA. Here is one article from the period:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/11...s_pda_company/ In the end, the PDA on its own was not that great of a business. That is my point. Palm bought Handspring because they needed to have a...
Is there one you can fit in your pocket??? Maybe a phone is better on its own but the pocket creates an imperative to combine things. Also there are synergies. The camera in the phone has some advantages. Music in the phone will have the same, pause or quiet, one headset...
STUPID STUPID STUPID with some arrogance mixed in This is the same logic palm used when they decided not to go into the cell phone OS business - they then had to buy Handspring because they discovered their product, the darling of the time had no future. People don't want to carry around more than they need to. I have a rule that I will only carry one piece of electronics. I would buy a nano but I am already carrying a Treo. It has an SD slot and a much bigger...
whatever happens it is clear to me that we are in for quite a ride. The message to me here is that we don't 100% what to expect from Apple. They must have seen something very cool on the Intel roadmap to make this shift. I also think that Apple is positioning itself to get out of its box one way or another. I am continually amazed at the way Apple engineers and designs products and delivers experiences to consumers. Moving into the Intel camp may be a break with a lot...
Well the press release is admittedly more definitive than what Steve said on stage, thats disappointing. Apple must have struck a hell of a deal with Intel on price. I guess if were looking for wiggle there is an opening in "macs". A set-top products or top-end workstations, servers might fall under a different nomenclature.
I watched the presentation three times - I never heard that Apple would use Intel exclusively or that no more PPC based Macs would be made by a certain date. In fact he says they will be supporting PPC for a long time. The message was that they are starting a transition and it would be complete by such and such date. I think the door is open for Apple to have more than one horse to pick from, more competition in the platform is good. I hope Apple takes OSX to a wider...
As I understand it the basis of the suit is to force ThinkSecret to reveal information related to the source. How can Apple enforce the confidentiality - go after the leakers - without getting this information?
Adding FM tuner is a must for iPod and iPod mini. I want basic live listening and time shift recording. they should let radio shark makers create software for it.