or Connect

Posts by junkie

They should just ask to use the name Nutella.
I think of the iPhone more like a mall than a prison. Yes it is not the wildwest. There is some lame mall cop there in the corner but its nice, safe and clean. And because people feel secure and there is no crime people are spending a making a lot of money there. Android is more chaotic. The software is a mess - geeky, unintuitive. It does not have the design perfection. Buttons on the Nexus just plain don't work but it does not matter that much because you don't really...
Jobs said the iPad could save a Pages doc a Word file. You'd think it could open one too.
Probably in some cases you are right but I can imagine that a lot of developers will deliver one app and have different views customized to different devices on the platform. Especially if for a while the iPhone is very dominant in install-base, which it should be. It's also pretty cool that you might buy an app once and then get two experiences from it depending on the device you use. Developers need not support this but it is cool that they have the option.
Funny at the bottom of this page is your answer. On mine you see this ad saying: [CENTER]Google's Nexus One Phone[/CENTER]
Most people would consider this a Google device. Yes, HTC is identified as the maker but the Nexus brand is controlled by Google. It is a bit muddled but certainly Google marketing is behind the Nexus more than any previous device. While Google may offer devices from other makers in the future, nothing kept them from offering the Droid and the Eris and other Android phones there today. Yeah, maybe Google did work with Verizon and Motorola on the Droid but typically one...
The Zune HD sucks. I went to BestBuy to look for it. First, they did not have a display unit for months. Then they finally got it and it had NO content on it. So you could see pretty animations for the menus but nothing much else. And that screen, while I guess it is nice on some level, it seemed really small. Is it even as big and the iPod Touch? Seemed smaller - so what is the point? Then you go to look at an iPod touch, it is loaded with games, all sorts of...
Uh, ok. So let's just admit then that all that follows is not really a business justification....Yawn. Really? A few more SKU's. Walk into a BestBuy sometime and look at the phones they stock. I kinda think Apple is up to the complexity of a few more devices. They can just have the logo of the carrier on the box. They can just carry the most popular version for the other carriers - 16 gb black? So 3 more SKU to triple the US addressable market. And not sure why they'd...
It does mean costs but it also means a lot of upside. 1) Apple expands it's addressable market in the US from 29% to potentially 100%2) It's a lot of revenue currently on the table. If Apples sells to just 1% of the 89M Verizon customers that is 890,000 units. Say Apple makes $400 per unit. That's $356M in rev, just for 1%. You think it costs more than $10M to take the current iPhone and roll a CDMA version? I don't. That is quite an upside.3) Right now not being on...
Its not that complicated. 1) So Apple needs to come out with a CDMA phone - this is not a big deal - every phone makers does this, sometimes across several models. Apple can do this in its sleep. 2) Pricing - are you kidding? They need to sit down and work out pricing. Uh, sorry, what is the big deal here? 3) App Store. If Verizon is ok with Android app-store then Apple's app-store should not be an issue. Now would it be simpler to add T-Mobile as a...