or Connect

Posts by junkie

I think one is the mic and the other is the speaker.I broke down and started carrying a Airport Express when I travel for work - I just hated being tethered to the ethernet port. At least my workmates could benefit in other rooms. Express really needs an update to N by the way.
I am both excited about this and about getting a Blueray player for 1080p. But I also agree with this comment: "Kind of pissed they didn't add a high end model with a DVD slot. I would like an Apple TV, but the last thing I want is "another" device under the TV." I just don't want more and more boxes down there, more and more remotes. I hate all that.
I think this is great news. I would really be glad to see this war over. I also think if we had an Apple TV with a BD slot that would be an ideal machine. I would want it to also play DVDs. That way I could have my cable box plus the Apple TV and do almost anything. I would digitize my vhs tapes and kill my dvd/vhs box.
Maybe another explanation is that they were (maybe too) eager get a transition to component video and to get there they needed to cut something - and that thing they cut was having video output supported in both the dock connector and the headphone jack. Personally I think most people are switching to HD and its much better to use a component connector or even better an HDMI - that would be sweet, to me. I recently had this experience with photos. We started with...
Yes, I am doing the same. people used to call me and ask what Dell they should buy, I'd say buy a Mac, Dells suck. A couple weeks later I'd hear they bought a Dell. Now if they call and ask about computers, I find they are more open to Mac. I just send them to an Apple store, done. In terms of that former PC user above, I can totally see that. I've used Macs even when Mac sucked, which they did in the late 90s. I used to look at PCs and think, damn that is faster than...
Rating should rate the product itself. Seems like this is not full keyboard, why should it lose points for not having the keys of a full keyboard? Would you rate down a BMW sedan because it is not a station wagon? That issue aside, seems to me like there is demand for a full wireless keyboard - I hope we get that again for these people. Personally I don't mind the wires, and I hate to deal with batteries. I'd rather just use USB and for any novice never recommend...
I am not sure why this is not mentioned, but this feature is part of Leopard already as you can see in this ThinkSecret gallery that shows the install process of Leopard:http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...e/install.html At least this was in there, I'm assuming its still in recent build as it is very useful.
Works now - its a great tip.
Some of this should go with a grain of salt given that, at least from my perception, these supposedly close to release builds don't seem quite fully cooked. But its also the case that, well, Apple pushes stuff around. Some for good reason, other times it seems they are trying to take us in another direction. Like to me, the dock has improved, I think it is a much better launcher now. If you don't like it, there are usually a ton of freeware hacks that let you fix...
I agree with this sentiment, but i am finding in practice the grid works with the important caveat that more than 10 items and it breaks for me, I can't scan that much visually. For the user longing for menu interface, a consolation might be to create a stack of your favorite folders, then have windows settings for each that let you see the info in a optimal way. Surely, its not the same, but it might be nice it its own way too. Personally, I could never make use of the...