or Connect

Posts by not1lost

Reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears; only someone forgot to put out the middle bowl... or it has the kitchen table attached to it and a lid on it that you cant get off
Same idea here, with apple I have graduated from a iPod touch iPhone iPad2 very happy with them all so... I thought why not just go all apple and get a mac desktop for my office. My iPad2 serves well for all my needs as a laptop (I have one that has been collecting dust for months) Now I decide to get serious about going to a Mac and have found nothing but frustration... The Mac Pro is very nice but too much, the iMac is an all in one which I dont like and scary as crap if...
Well that is impressive for the little guy, I am surprised by the performance of such a small machine. Although it still is way behind what I have now and it's not nearly enough.... Thanks though... I well may end up going with a MP if they do keep producing it (Heck, second thought I may buy one anyway. the one they have now is plenty powerful enough isnt it? or is there some un-upgradable things that are/will be necessary I dont know about) otherwise I'll propbably need...
Just read this report: "Intel’s soon-to-arrive Xeon processors are generally thought to go off the production line nearly simultaneously with AMD’s high end Tahiti graphic cards supported by the latest OS X 10.7.3 Lion version saw. People with inside knowledge of the matter, however, have claimed that Apple’s management hesitated over investing extra resources in the Mac Pro product line last May. Internal discussions at the company reportedly concentrate on the fact that...
Well the screen shots didnt come out as I expected - not used to this forums tools... anyway it shows the CPU maxed out at 100% Memory at 44% and Disc at 63% .... These this graph is also very radical seeming even unstable to me... Jumping top to bottom continuously... I dont know all about all these things but I do know this system is struggling to keep up. I can tell that without looking at these numbers... and here is a Log file of what my system does when I open Logos...
Thanks for your input TS to answer your questions the main program that is taxing my system is Logos4 and there is a Mac version of it. On the logos forums I have expressed my problems and it seems all the power users are using Macs and advised me to get one to resolve the issue saying they had been through the same thing. I also need to use two monitors when using it. which is also helpful with the website building. I have some info here on it for you on the program that...
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking at -ALL- my options as I am switching to Mac from windows although I do have a pretty powerful windows machine I will keep for whatever I may need it for. Dell xps 8300 i7 2600 3.4Gz 12G ram AMD 5700 HD. I have been following many Mac forums and started out wanting a Mac Pro (BTW I don't need a laptop as I have an iPad2 for all my mobile needs) But the future and cost of the MP questionable. Then I seriously considered the iMac but don't...
Just read this report:\ "Intel’s soon-to-arrive Xeon processors are generally thought to go off the production line nearly simultaneously with AMD’s high end Tahiti graphic cards supported by the latest OS X 10.7.3 Lion version saw. People with inside knowledge of the matter, however, have claimed that Apple’s management hesitated over investing extra resources in the Mac Pro product line last May. Internal discussions at the company reportedly concentrate on the fact...
Maybe too amazing.... to be true...
Also, "this may sound crazy after my first post" but I have read some pretty good reviews of the Mac mini lately which I had pretty much ruled out. but some of it is pretty amazing... and I don't do professional editing or anything I just really push my machines. A notebook is out of the question I have an iPad2 for my mobile device which suits me just fine for that. any comments?