or Connect

Posts by not1lost

"Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out" (TACO) it is by Abine they have a video about it here -  See video: http://www.abine.com/preview/taco.php   as far as facebook tracking, I'm not sure if it matters if you have an account? that is an interesting question...
To answer your question about facebook here on this site; it's one of those cases where if I dont want facebook tracking me here then I just cant use the site.... there is nothing I can do in this case if I want to visit Apple insider. Actually it's the "Like" button they put on here and the auto-login with facebook that is doing it. I understand though that is very useful in the way the web works nowdays...
I'm not so much concerned about being tracked as much as what they are doing with that info. It's not up to me or you anyway, it's just what this site is allowing... the service just shows the activity on each site and what you can do or not do about it. At least you will know what is going on behind the scans. and most are blocked. that screen shot was from my firefox browser I was using because I wanted to see the video of Woz and it wouldn't play in Chrome so far in...
Here is what it showed right here
For web privacy issues, cookies, and trackers plus all of googles junk check out abine.com "privacy plus" it's a very efficient free service and works on all browsers. they also have "delete me" and "google sharing" which stop a bunch of other stuff in it's tracks (pardon the pun) all free just go over there and look the place over I think you'll be surprised :-)   I'll have to add it is so efficient it renders some sites un-usable so there is a button on the corner...
      It is a Fake facebook...
  This is also a concern I have I have found on my windows 7 OS that when I go into my catalyst control Center for my AMD Radeon 5770 HD and choose LCD overdrive it puts my machine in the standard windows visual configuration and takes away all the fancy gloss, swoosh movements, pop-up windows in the task bar, transparent effects, and switches to basic colors and plain text. It isn't nearly as pretty but when I am multitasking many hungry programs it is noticeably faster...
I read his biography, "I WOZ"  I found it quite enjoyable for a biography. I read it right after reading Steve Job's and found it quite interesting how they had a very different view of things almost everything accept electronics and such. That's probably what made them such a good team. I do think Woz isn't given the recognition and credit he deserves for the success of Apple and the tech world in general. There would be NO Apple Inc. or hundreds of other things we take...
firefox....
I really do appreciate all of your help. Although you all have, for the most part, gone way over my head with all this... I work with computers not on them much any more. It's been many years since I did anything other than plug and unplug a component, slip in a card or drive, memory and such. I'd have to call out my superiors to interpret all this... : -O Calling:   Gran Senator  who represented Malastare in the Galactic Senate during the final decade of the...