or Connect

Posts by not1lost

No Sir.. with all due respect, I have no "Ghost stories" to tell... I know very little about this whole Mac System. that's why I'm here... I am just going on what I have been told not "Cowering at my own ghost stories" Here is part of what I am refering to and yes I may have missunderstood? I don't know?        

Yes that is one thing I really want. I dont want a disposable computer. I want something that will take for the long haul and a big reason I was wanting a Mac Pro besides the power of the machine. But some of the comments about the board and all sound like the current models days are numbered.. so my fingers are crossed for an updated or totally new Mac Pro unless it's like six months from now or something like that. I just cant wait that long and would have to...
    Sounds exciting! I can't wait to see what they have coming! I still want the biggest workhorse I can get and I would really like to be able to upgrade or add some things to it without a lot of trouble. but at the same time; if they come out with way newer hardware in the other machines and not the Mac Pro I guess now since reading some of these comments I would have to decide on the next best thing. One thing you dont want in todays computing world is outdated...
Well Just about the time I think I have my mind made up; you all get the gears turning again..... I am new to Mac and what you are saying shows you know much about this than I do. Guess I still have more to learn about the Mac world and all. Not sure what I'll do now but I am sure I should wait.....
  I build websites, use photoshop, writing, microsoft office - full suite, and have a research progarm that is an absolute resource hog, runs the processors at 80-90% and maxes out the 12G Memory often, using two monitors with multitasking often.   March 2011 OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description  Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model XPS 8300 System...
    I may be able to hold off till after WWDC we should at least have an update or at least a hint of one anyway by then... Summer....??? that's iffy without some kind of encouragement. Thanks
Since deciding to go to Mac from a PC for all my computer needs; after migrating from a iPod Touch to an iPhone4 to an iPad2 and seeing the simplicity and careful attention to quality, ease of use, beauty, and dependability compared to Windows and Android. Therefore after careful consideration and research giving considerable thought to all of the options and advice I have been given here on AppleInsider and other forums - Apple support, Macnn, MacRumors, Cult of Mac,...
    Nope! I've done a lot of research and thinking... and these AIO's and inclosed small units are just not for me. I should have stuck with my first thoughts when I started search on this forum. I know deep down what I would be happy with and what I would not, everyone is wired differently and has different needs and atittudes about things. Not to dis anyone elses ideas which are good for them but these machines are not for me. I would never be happy with one no matter...