or Connect

Posts by not1lost

I have been watching and waiting for the new iMac now for about three months. It will be my first Mac I am a heavy computer user (Not video rendering or scientific stuff) just work on it every day running some pretty hungry software building websites and research. I am sosooo tired of waiting I am on the edge of my seat about to hit the "buy it" key on a iMac 27" 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State...
Just having two of them stacked on my desk thunderbolted together... would tickle the crap outa me!
Thanks for all this great food for thought! I've got a lot more to consider now. I suppose it seems it is possible but then I dont know how many problems I may run into with the Workload / workflow and if it would all be worth the effort at this time... I have a lot of research and studying to do on this. Thanks again for all the help and resources!
Hey there Lemon Bon Bon~! I'm still out here reading waiting and watching... Trying to take it all in... Yes I started out wanting a Mac Pro but as time has went on I have pretty much ruled it out first of all it would be overkill for me and second it does seem like a step in the other direction of where the industry is going... The power of the iMac and Mac Mini is amazing and in a much smaller package plus a much smaller price tag. Like you I dont care for laptops I have...
I want my first Mac, I have Money, I'm Waiting.... I just dont know what the hell I'm waiting on because I dont know what's coming because of all this secret secret crap. It's driving my NUTS!!!
Hey Cowboy, they are putin 512 SSDs in MBPs right now.... Peacehttp://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD322LL/A
Thanks Marvin, some solid advice. I think I'll wait till the end of April or first of June anyway. I've overhauled this Dell again and it's doing ok for now. I stripped it completely and did a fresh install of just windows 7 the drivers and necessary software and left all the Dell junk out. Probably voided the rest of my warranty but oh well... it seems to be snappier and the processor and memory seem to not be working as hard. Dell had a LOT of stuff in that other system...
I was about to ask for any suggetions since you see what I am doing with my machine; what kind of Mac would you all suggest I get ? Lemon bon bon just suggeted an iMac I dont want to over kill but I want to be confident I will be able to use this machine for many years as I will be investing a lot of money in it and I hate changing machines after getting used to one. any suggestions would be helpful. I know I have asked this before but now you know more about what I have...
Thanks for the advice. I was just about to post over on the other thread "is the Mac Mini a serious Desktop Computer" what would you all suggest? knowing now what you do about what I have and what kind load my softaware is putting on my machine... I do like everything I have heard about the iMac but I would have to get this uneasy feeling about AIO's took care of... I like the machine as far as what I have seen and heard, it seems like a power house and a beautiful build...
Looks llike some kinda andriod crap!