or Connect

Posts by Mike Eggleston

First off, they are not going to ditch the Mac: end of story.  The Mac is a critical piece to the puzzle, and here is why: Developers. In order for the IOS system to work, it needs its 3rd party developers to continue making those great apps/games for iOS.  And what do you think they are using to make those awesome apps/games for iOS: the Mac.  So, while the Mac line will never be as profitable as the iOS line or the iTunes line, it is a very crucial part of it. Also,...
I was thinking, and this is rather outside the box kind of thinking: what is they included all three sizes in their upcoming refresh. now, before everyone jump down my throat, give it a little bit of time to sink in.  It allows the customer (a.k.a. you and I) the choice to decide what kind of phone we want. If it uses the same chip, the same storage, and the only difference is screen real estate, this becomes an option.   So I am thinking something like this (with 2 year...
I see the specs and prices as follows (All with contract pricing):   iPhone 6 Pro (5.5"): A8 Processor - 32GB/64GB/128GB - $299/$399/$499 iPhone 6 (4.7"): A8 Processor - 16GB/32GB/64GB - $199/$299/$399 iPhone 5S: A7 Processor - 16GB - $99 iPhone 5C: A7 Processor - 16GB - $0   Now, if Apple wanted to really make a huge splash, and really make Android hurt:   iPhone 6 Pro (5.5"): A8 Processor - 32GB/64GB/128GB - $199/$299/$399 iPhone 6 (4.7"): A8 Processor -...
 Oddly, that is similar to a crazy thing I have observed here in Arizona.  The smaller the woman, the larger the truck she is driving.  Again, not a sexist remark (since I am not saying she is an idiot or anything like that), just an observation. Interesting analysis aside, I have to think that if Apple makes a larger (4.7") and huge (5.5") phone, I would think that they are going to add things to the larger one that makes use of the additional space.  The better question...
As a person who is working on an Android project, I can answer that question. In a couple of parts:1) Development Tools: Right now the best development tools for Android is Eclipse. Even Google's own Android Development Studio is utter shit. That said, Eclipse is no where is efficient or easy to use as Xcode. For instance, having a second developer with me is nothing but headaches. In Xcode, it was just a matter of pushing and pulling to the GIT repository. In Eclipse,...
*IF* Apple releases a new iMac, it probably will not be some sort of incremental update. According to the plist file, it is going to be revision 15 of the iMac line, and since it is a new number (not a point release) it could be something bigger. Or, it could all be a big pile of hooey.
An iWatch has some potential if it is used for the two main purposes given here: keeping time (duh) and as a fitness accessory.  The additions of GPS, streaming music, accepting calls, etc just remind me of what Samesung has done with their Gear: thrown crap at the wall and sees what sticks.   An iWatch has to be simple and elegant. The watch face would have to be always displaying the time. The watch would have to be always accepting biometric data from the user...
Ahhh, the wonderful red-herring argument. Here is the fallacy with what you said.  Apple already spent the money and gave it to Shamsung for those parts. There is nothing that can be done about that.  However, by buying the Apple product, you are helping Apple's cause in protecting its IP, because they get your money. So, boycotting Apple products (even if they are made from Sam-shill materials) only hurts Apple and helps Samshit.  I, for one, have not bought a Samesung...
I think it is going to be around 1.6 billion. Then probably two rounds of appeals before Samesung decides "it will just be easier, more cost effective, and less distracting to just pay the amount owed. We will do this for our customers." (you know, that kind of rhetoric.)
 Actually, that is the whole point of trial by jury.  The basics of the law are explained to "your peers", and then they decide as a group whether or not the defendant is guilty or not.  It goes right to the very core of our judicial system.