or Connect

Posts by Mike Eggleston

I think it is time that the base storage goes to 32GB. The app sizes are getting bigger and bigger, and as a result, the more storage is needed.   I still think the layout is going to go down like this (w/ 2 year plan):   5C: (4" screen) 16GB - Free 5S: (4" screen) 16GB - $99 6: (4.7" screen) 32GB - $199, 64GB - $299, 128GB - $399 6: (5.5" screen) 32GB - $299, 64GB - $399, 128GB - $499   The only differing thing between the 6's is the screen size. Other than that...
Ok, first off you talk about anonymity as if it is wrong, but yet unless your actual name is tagyro, you are hiding under that same anonymity that you are complaining about. That said, the idea of the internet was that it was supposed to be anonymous. That you could be anyone, share your ideas freely without public persecution. I know some of you feel differently, and that is your right. However, if you feel that strongly about it; change your username to your actual...
 That's just nasty. Bad @Tallest Skil, very bad. Go to the chalk board and write "I will not eat people" 100 times....   Sorry, this discussion is getting very heated at times. Some good slap stick humor is in order....
That, however, is not what you originally said. While I agree that people can lie about their accomplishments and what they are qualified for (which, by the way, is also a very fun discussion ), there has to be some standard of measure to be able to make decisions of hiring. That is why qualifications matter. Not gender, not skin color, not eye color, not heritage: qualifications. That is the whole point right there, which people are qualified, based solely on experience...
 That is probably the most profound statement so far about the rioting. I agree with what you are saying, that because of all of the tension, it took just one misstep and you have a breakdown of law and order. @Nobodyy, my deepest apologies for what your town is going through right now. But that needs to be a lesson on what needs to happen. We need to come together as one collective group (regardless of gender, skin color, heritage, etc) and start treating each other...
Wait, what!? So, your response is that it is utopian bullsh*t? Let me tell you, as a person in the IT sector, I can tell you from first-hand experience that the problem isn't with the hiring practices (more often than not), it is with the pool of applicants (which is what this discussion first originated about: Apple). Your analogy about sports has no bearing on this discussion other to fan flames about a topic which needs cool, reasonable heads about it. Also, what the...
Ok, this is a very hot-button item. It is also that throughout history has show occurs. However, we have to take a very enlightened approach to this problem.   @sog35 has a valid point, that discrimination has occurred in the past and is still a problem today. It is better today, but it is not gone. @Tallest Skil and several others also have a very valid point: hire the best, regardless of ethnic background or gender.   The wrong approach would be just to increase the...
I don't see what the problem with Siri is. Over 90% of the time she gets exactly what I mean the first time. Already I am able to respond to messages, respond to emails, lookup locations of interest, and find out my sport scores with extremely accurate results. Yes, sometimes my results end up wrong (sometimes humorously wrong to boot), but that is the exception, not the norm that many people are claiming.   At first, she was near worthless. But the more I have used...
Please tell me that is sarcasm. People already complain about word processing or spreadsheets on the iPhone, a 2" square (and that is being very liberal with the dimensions) would be impossible!
LMAO!! That is something I wasn't expecting, and yet it is very cool that it is already at $1400+!