or Connect

Posts by Mike Eggleston

Actually, that is the whole point of trial by jury.  The basics of the law are explained to "your peers", and then they decide as a group whether or not the defendant is guilty or not.  It goes right to the very core of our judicial system.
 To me, the big question is the impact this will have on the iOS developer community.  Remember, when they made the 4" screen for the iP5, they told developers that they didn't have to do anything, but if  they wanted to, it was relatively easy.  Apple would have to pull the same stunt again if they changed the resolution of the iPhone 4.7" (which means now three resolution types for iPhone, and two for iPad). As much as the iOS community is about the customers, it is also...
Actually, that reminds of the Human Reaper at the end of Mass Effect 2. Just.....ugh....  
 Is that Samesung's version of a "burner phone"?
The only issue that I have had with Mavericks is with Safari.  There are times that it jet seemingly locks up and not fully load up the page.  What I have to do is refresh the page and then it comes up. Yes, this is a very minor annoyance, but it should be addressed. And no, this isn't a case of the user being impatient or slow internet connection, it just thinks it has finished loading the page but fails to render it correctly.
 I only mention the Siri integration as a value-add.  The main marker of this is that it tells time (the primary function of a watch). Maybe even with the adds of a stopwatch and alarm integrated into it (again, much like most digital watches now).  None of those require the iPhone (or any device for that matter).  And there is the distinction, the Gear requires that you have it paired to a device, whereas the iWatch (or whatever Apple would call it) does not. It could be...
This is by far not anywhere near insider knowledge, but just a guess.  What is Apple were to make the iWatch that is tied to your iPhone (4S+).  The only reason for the tethering is two fold: 1) give you an opportunity to read alerts as they come in, 2) allow you to access Siri without bringing the phone to you.   Before you discount that second one, think of it like this: You want to know some Siri enabled piece of data, like a sports score.  Now you could pull out your...
I think everyone is missing the big reason why they did this.  They are not just doing iWork for Mac and iOS, but also for the Web.   I can tell you first hand, doing any kind of editing of text, especially Rich Text, is not an easy thing to do on the web. I look at it this way, they are making this to be a direct competitor to Google and their Web Apps. If they continue to add these features that people are wanting to all three platforms of iWork, this is going to be...
 Gatorguy, that is an easy one.  They upped the specs just a little for two reasons (which could be an and/or situation): 1. To give the appearance of a new phone.  You have seen how many people bash the 5C because it is basically a repackaged 5.  Could you imagine the outrage if it were exactly the same internals? 2. The older parts were more expensive to acquire, so they used more accessible parts that were slightly newer.
 Siri is the beginnings of the Knowledge Navigator. Seriously, the only thing that could make Siri better is including it with Mavericks (or a future update).  It would take a bit, but I just don't see how our Macs couldn't handle the processing power to make that a reality.