or Connect

Posts by Mike Eggleston

For all 12 people.   (P.S. Yes, I know his response was sarcastic... The whole /s, the post, and pretty much anyone with common sense were all dead give-aways... 😉)
My only complaint with the predictive text is at some point, it started to think that LOL meant I wanted to say LOLA. I have plenty of an odd conversation after that...
Wait, what?? At what point did I say that Steve or Tim were the only ones coming up with the ideas? That isn't what I said, and you purposely took it out of context. All I was describing was the environment between the two CEOs. Tim is far more open, and does listen to his customers, whereas Steve was far more closed off about it. I know that both listen to their developers. It is the developers who sit there and make the ideas, flesh them out, and then bring them to their...
Actually, I would kinda disagree with you there. The Apple of old (i.e. the Jobs Era), you would be absolutely correct. His Steveness never really listened to customers because he felt, and more often than not correctly, that they [customers] didn't really know what they wanted. As such, he usually dismissed the masses clamoring for Feature A, and instead gave polished products and features that people didn't know they wanted until Apple showed them. That said, the Cook...
  While I understand your frustration, please understand that there are two connections at play: your connection (which has a high download speed, and is only one connection) and AI's connection (which is more than likely a shared connection with thousands of individual connections all pummeling their server). That said, some basic optimizations is something they should have done to make sure page loads are as fast as possible. --- Slight Addendum --- Ok, after reviewing...
 There, fixed that for you.  Joking aside, Samescum is in a serious world of hurt right now. Their brand has been taking a beating because they are showing that they don't know which direction they are going. Six iterations of Galaxy Gear in over a year. They have so many "smart" phones out there, no one is really sure which is the new one and which is not. Then you have these carriers that keep promoting Galaxy IIIs as new phones for free, further diluting their...
Seriously, you are squabbling over semantics? Girl : Woman is to Boy : Man. In other words, they are the same thing. I have no problems with females in general, and I make a point to treat them either the same or better than our male counterparts. And while your statement is correct (we do live in a male dominated society), I know that my stance is not so. I want a purely equal environment, which was the point of my statement (which you apparently glossed over and found...
Normally I skip over comments like this, but this struck a nerve with me. If you were to switch the comment around, and it was a girl that said that about men dipped in chocolate, I can almost bet money nobody would jump up and down saying that was sexism. If anything, it is natural for the opposite sex (and sometimes same sex, not ruling anything out) to objectify and to fantasize about the gender of their choice. His comment was at best benign. Now, if he turned around...
Let's see here.... We have the Mac OS X, Windows 8.1, and the many distributions of Linux out there... So yeah, I think that the world can handle different ecosystems. The discussion about Android though, is that it is one distribution that has fragmented APIs with a poor upgrading policy. In reality, it is that policy that is causing the problem, not the API fragmentation. So, for example, if iOS could only be upgraded when new devices came out, we would be having this...
Actually, while the IP address can be tracked, that doesn't mean that it can be tracked to you. They could be in a public place, using a VPN, wardriving, using a mobile device, etc. All of that are items that can definitively hide your presence as far as IP address is going. That said, all I was saying is that they was claiming that if you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't worry about not being anonymous.  My stance is that the web was designed to be anonymous, even...