or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Well, no need too park wads of my cash in the banks of every vendor I do business with like I have to do with Starbucks for one: they've got $37.61 of my money right now, Apple Pay? ZERO. D  C  metro about $22, NYC metro $17, EZ Pass $35... starts to become real money at some point...
You'd think Apple would have learned after that whole iPod thing, heck didn't they notice we'd had Walkmen for years and years?
Wash. D. C. Metro now has NFC entrances. Nyc I think is still swipe. I love not having to swipe and reswipe. On the phone would be even better.
Wow that jumped: it was 3-4 weeks a couple days back.
The article got the number for last year wrong, check the provided link."Apple reports earnings of $7.5B on sales of 33.8M iPhones,.." So over 15% growth YoY.
That's why I shut that off ages ago: got sick of the duplication and confusion. I get photos transferred when I sync and that's sufficient for me anyway. Granted I shoot more with dSLRs and other digitals than my phone, YMMV.
Film has units of information, they're just not called "pixels", silver grains that have been photo impacted sufficiently to have their chemistry shifted or photo-dye molecules that have similarly been changed by their interaction with photons. Not in the least "infinite", the film's information density is defined by the density of it's light sensitive particles which in turn is often influenced by the intended light sensitivity, "faster" films being structured with larger...
A quick search shows a number of similar locks that look similar and have about the same price points. As to functionality: as someone who often approaches my door with my hands full a proximity unlock would be a useful feature. Frankly one I had over twenty-five  years ago at a  former institution where the near field door pads were located just about at hip height: meaning I could get a read off my wallet RFID card while my hands were full of equipment or supplies and...
True, I was more mirroring the post above mine. But also a reflection that economic activity is moveable in this day and age, while countries are not so while Apple may or may not leave depending on their calculation of benefits, Ireland is stuck with the consequences and up until now Ireland clearly thought the current system benefited them and I get the impression this is not being done because it's seen as an improvement for Ireland but rather as a sop for the EU, who's...
Thanks, as communication speeds have gotten higher I can see that model. The subscription aspect is, of course, annoying. I've a lab with a limited budget and so am one of those with a number of "just good enough" programs we don't use all that frequently on the machines...