or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Sigh, I miss the days of happy ritual cannabilism. Eating the flesh and blood of our God like He intended. The mandatory fish on Fridays I don't miss.
So you're a member of that community and can be confident you speak for the entire group? That might be more than a tad over-reaching. Internal religious activities are rather effectively walled off from outsiders. Now members arguing from within their respective institutions are free to make the argument, women have argued for decades to be allowed into the Catholic Priesthood, but no lawsuits that I can recall with good reason: The First Amendment... plus RFRA. Oh and in...
Inevitable, though too long in coming: "AMENDMENT XIV Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868. Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment. Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or...
That was sort of settled when "That mean store wouldn't let me sit at the lunch counter" became the description of an illegal discriminatory act. Perform whatever quaint religious ceremony one prefers (though you'd better refrain from stoning people you catch working on Sunday or wearing polyester-cotton blends any time), what RFRA is about. While out in the public sphere? Equal protection under the law.  Furthermore baking isn't a religious act, while I'm a little more...
Because he was writing in dissent? ETA: Though his harkening back to "the Aztecs" does give a certain pause: ritual, large scale, public human sacrifice? Maybe that's why I received notice of the closing of the front area for construction: the Chief putting up a nice basalt slab so he can rip the hearts out of victims and have their blood run down into the street? ​Now Scalia? Tall;y expect that, but Roberts being a baseball fan is a surprise....
That's just how powerful the Bible is. Personally I like to use it as a talking point against cotton-polyester blends.....
14th Amendment; EQUAL protection under the law. States no doubt have the right to ignore ALL marriage. They can just delete all legal connection to that. 
Not a blip on her balance sheet, which makes her case being about the indies and people starting out more persuasive as it won't mean anything for her economically. 
Business: she asked something of Apple, they asked something of her in return.
She's a Yankee so that would probably be: "No".