or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

A lot of regulations differentiate between commercial activity and "fun": look at pilots licenses for example to stay in the realm of aircraft. For a "fun" sailplane walk up with eyesight and a pulse and you're more or less good to go: ask about a license to fly a 747 full of paying passengers, well, let's say it's a more involved process..... Boats and the Coast Guard are the same way: your own boat is fine, accept paying passengers and the regulations come out to...
Unless the real estate is too close to an airport it should be pretty straightforward once they set the regs.
"I use Apple Pay on the tube and I lose at least ten minutes of my life every day" Maybe stop using it until they improve the service? Or try using the phone which since it's bigger might give a stronger signal than the watch?
One sets an expiration date for the offer:"The promotion is running from Nov. 23 through Dec. 14,"
Can't wait for my subway systems of choice to implement this! The "art of the swipe" get's old, especially when I'm behind some idiot who takes ten tries.....
This weekend at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in the Greek and Roman section there was a guy sketching one of the heads, the work was wonderful, light expressive lines, really catching the marble's form. And he was using an iPad Pro with the Pencil.
You have to flip the thing over and position it EXACTLY opposite of the way it's positioned for tip down input: that's about as different as it gets without actually dropping the thing. That additional shift in the position of the device interrupts workflow, granted for leisurely use perhaps not enough to be a significant issue.
Pencil flip for eraser: Given the charging mechanism is housed at that end there may be engineering issues in having that be a detectable "eraser"?
Not really, as mentioned a requirement you completely change your holding of the device simply to erase something is clumsy and time consuming compared to using the same hold for all functions, I've used Wacoms since the mid nineties as a total mouse replacement(my desk real estate being better preserved with a small tablet than having to leave a big mouse runway always open, especially with my larger or dual monitors) as well as image editing tool and have tolerated that...
I'm not clear on how 3D Touch would integrate into a tablet-pen duo. It seems they'd be able to duplicate that with a pressure move of the pen. Maybe they have?