or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

"illegal act"   How so? The Supreme Court has disagreed on the one facet that got to them for instance, the 'personal responsibility mandate' as the Heritage Foundation and Mitt Romney termed it....   ​As to mandating a fee supported, federally collected fee (for federally build and managed healthcare in the first case)? That was established as Constitutional when the people who wrote the Constitution established such a system for merchant sailors in the 1790's: If...
I agree: I'm often pointing out that while our procedures do cost more than in many other places what undoubtedly builds a floor in medical care cost reduction is the challenge that we ARE just that sick a nation: there's studies that have been referenced showing something like 80% of medical expenditures are for the treatment of chronic, largely lifestyle related diseases... search for Big Food vs. Big InsuranceBy Michael PollanThe New York Times, September 10, 2009He's...
To give the guy the benefit of the doubt he's conflating retail medical care (tracking my own activity will give me immediate health benefits) versus wholesale (Obamacare's efforts and improving outcomes, making preventive care more accessible and eliminating pre-existing condition bans etc. will improve overall population health: but won't directly impact my sitting on my butt at my desk all day long...).   On the subtle side the Researchkit communication available to...
Ah that makes sense: like back in the day when some browsers were notorious hard drive killers (cough, Netscape, cough) for that very reason: constantly messing with caches on the drive and then when they crashed the write dribbled gibberish all over the disk, and as you say the usual suspect in a write abort is scrambling the index.... So may be a "flaw" in Photos if it's maniacal about keeping a temp backup or something on the drive.... writing opening that window of...
Being their own hard act to follow has a certain reality to it....
To an extent they might feel road warriors already have options that won't up the cost of the basic device? Not more memory, that they have to provide, but external power sources from batty cases to external packs and such? Heck for the totally tech'd out there's always Brunton's Hydrogen Fuel cell powered rechargers! (Which, btw, I'm eying for my summer's two week backpack as lighter and more reliable than a solar panel....).
Beyond that there IS the puzzle of why, if it's even true, the Photos library file data would be susceptible to corruption from a mere incompatible file type?  Other than the standard Apple hating the underlying concern would be if this library vulnerability is symptomatic of a more vulnerable file structure that is unstable for normal usage? Any application program I've used in many decades, when presented with an incompatible file type, gives me the rasberry or displays...
Try not so hard at "Winning the Internet", as a suggestion?
The duration raises the issue of if this were so obvious and egregious how has it taken twenty years and more to actually be addressed?   Or, alternatively, it's not all that obvious and egregious and sorting out the complexity is reflected in the time it's been operating. Contrary to an oversimplified view that the EU is simply correct. Versus Ireland's position.
And, it occurs to me, the less time spent handling the phone the less opportunity to DROP the thing....