or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

But people drifted towards simple fashion as wristwatch function lagged behind their cellphones. Time was just as easy to keep track of on the smartphone so why bother with a wrist device? There's exceptions, I wear a watch (a simple timepiece with nice big hands to get the time at a glance) when my hands are occupied with things I wouldn't want contaminating my phone (in a bio-research lab) but otherwise a wristwatch that simply tells time HAS to offer a fashion benefit...
The round/square thing is moronic (IMHO) one of THE classic watches of all-time is the Cartier Tank: a rectangle!http://www.cartier.us/collections/timepieces/mens-watches/tank/tank-solo/w5200027-tank-solo-watch-extra-large-model
Interestingly some are Sapphire faced and others not: the low end "Sport" is faced with treated glass along with having a composite back on an aluminum case versus the "Watch" and "Watch Edition" with stainless or hardened gold cases and ceramic backs along with Sapphire faces.
I'd really like something like these but wireless...   Suggestions?
Well there's the classic Cartier Tank: http://www.cartier.us/collections/timepieces/mens-watches/tank/tank-solo/w5200027-tank-solo-watch-extra-large-model Rectangle for just under four grand! Stainless steel and a Sapphire crystal too....
While you're asleep I fail to see the benefit of keeping it strapped to your wrist versus lying next to you (say) getting charged. OTOH I expect charging intervals will vary by usage (duh), with heavy users needing a nightly charge and "the rest of us" getting the aforesaid 2-2.5 days or more out of the thing. Like on the power charts where they list "usage" and then "standby" times with standby times being relatively huge... or how Kindle inflates it's battery specs:...
That's where I'm at. For my iPhone while traveling I like getting multiple days of usual use (2-ish hours or usage per day), the watch, being so accessible, might get somewhat heavier usage but then it's more limited in function... for usual use (not 12 straight hours of hovering on the thing) it'd be nice to have it behave similarly and extend to an extra day for when I may have limited access to outlets. Granted given cars come with power outlets now of one sort or...
That's lovely and all but my contract runs until March....
Some I don't care for: but I'd only buy one anyway, not an entire set. The easily interchangeable bands is a nice touch.
This device is hardly a "watch" in that a watch is largely simply a time display device (and maybe a date). If you've no need of anything more, and I expect that's true for many. Then get a $10 (or 10 won) disposable.  Or and the phrase is not "pink glasses".