or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Yeah that 5s was a surprise, but it IS the early days and I guess the true diehards that get every model would be heavily represented and they'd all have 5s's, then it should shift as people like me, who have a 5s and a contract, wait out the time until we're cost effective in switching, which for me is next March. I still remember my 4s with fondness: absolutely great feeling and looking device.
For a lot less weight there's the Brunton hydrogen fuel cell approach: cloudy days don't matter for that tech. http://www.rei.com/item/867985/brunton-hydrogen-reactor-charger
The retro would be enhanced if there's an homage time display that mimics the Cartier Tank with those sharp graphics... Slap on the black leather band and you're there. For a lot less than seven grand or more as well ( a lot more for a vintage one). http://www.cartier.us/collections/timepieces/mens-watches/tank/tank-mc/w5330003-tank-mc-watch
Some times you just gotta party!
The difference between software and optical IS isn't huge, probably quite a bit smaller than the sharpness added by going from the 4's slower camera to the faster one in the 6. Camera body motion is a killer IS can't deal with as easily as faster shutter speeds.
I'd say that somewhat depends on whether it crashed because of traffic wildly exceeding estimations of demand or some technical stumble that wasn't traffic related?
Yet you want gps on the watch? Which is a exactly an "overlapping function" of what's on the iPhone? You get the navigation display on the wrist with the Apple watch without the battery drain of an "overlapping" gps as it is. Plus the map display can update via BT from data downloaded via the iPhone's connection to the internet. All without a weight, expense or battery penalty.
OR it looks like the classic Cartier Tank. I've a couple of Casios and it looks nothing like those (G-schocks) at any rate. With the right band it somewhat echoes my old Submariner, but with a rectangular face, of course... It's an accessory: duplicating items already in the iPhone (wi-fi, gps etc.) would be a waste of money, hardware space and limited battery power. If you really must have an iPhone on your wrist I expect there's already a sports case out there somewhere...
With Samsung phones actual availability a month or more out (given "sometime in October...") Gazelle would have to be extending the same generous trade in window as they are for iPhone trade-ins and there's no certain knowledge even that would reach to when the new models may receivable. Are they? At least there's a date certain for the iPhones which is within even their standard 30 day price lock.
That's the thing, a nice entry level spec for those who need no more.