or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

And it's that 15$ throughout Australia right? Level playing field. You can't seriously be arguing a company would willingly accept an overhead cost disadvantage versus a competitor right? And THAT was my original, and continuing, point. One of the components to companies resistance to unionization is the perceived burden of a rise in the overhead versus non-union competitors. The verysame reason government pollution regulations are necessary since companies are similarly...
Except through the tax inversion strategy isn't Burger King  effectively relocating to Canada?
So then "mobile device" payment system? To align with the other device based systems such as Google Wallet etc. Cash is "arguably" the most revolutionary (ne successful) mobile payment system: breaking free as it did of barter. But this is a device site.   And what with all the well publicized security failures, identity thefts and forced replacement accounts and cards as people's accounts get compromised by various companies getting hacked or otherwise penetrated the...
I have two of the early 2011 machines without having that experience, and my work machine is on 24/7/365.    Guess I should run out and buy lottery tickets?
AND they sell to a hell of a lot more people than simply those in their own employ.
You employ hundreds to thousands and you sell to a market of millions, competing with others who have LOWER wage expenses than you do. No one just sells to their own employees. That's the argument for a level playing field BTW, something sector based unions used to do and government regulation does somewhat (environmental laws, OSHA etc.) Simply pointing out businesses are reluctant to voluntarily raise their expenses when in competition with businesses that won't: hence a...
Okay now I have the image of Samsung and BB holding hands as they plunge.
They've got their own in Tizien (sp?), something's got to give....
The resistance in part comes from companies that look over at competitors whose workers AREN'T unionized and see a potential disadvantage in overhead that can make the difference between staying in business and not.
You're welcome. Yes when I got the 6 Plus and laid my 5s next to it I admit to a moment of panic: relative to the phone I really liked that thing was HUGE.... But off on it's own in the real world simply using it? Nice device and I expect the 6, being even a tad smaller, would also transition very quickly. The one area where I still notice the difference is in pocketability. There I had to make changes (when walking around I never sit with my phone in my pants pockets if...