or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

"using my transistor radio to listen" The problem for us control freaks is that's not OUR music.... sometimes we just want to shuffle 1200 beach music tracks. Sometimes we don't.
Oh man like that place wasn't already too dangerous to enter.   FAR too many wonderful things....
Our tax dollars most certainly did NOT pay for the broadcasting facilities nor the production facilities that NBC uses: they did, private corporations, financed through their advertising income. Cable also was not paid for by tax dollars. In actuality the argument for the private companies to invest in that cable infrastructure construction was the monopoly benefit to make the deal attractive.
That didn't take long. I like the leveraging of the already owned Apple charger to lower the purchase price. 
One of those grocery, or big box discounters like Costco or Walmart, cards where when they scan the card you get discounts on sale items not available to people without the card 'membership".
I'd be rather surprised if giving a CD to someone else wasn't allowable under the terms of service agreed to at the point of sale. And thus completely legal.
Cook's position on privacy was what you asked about. That presumes such a position exists. My opinion, based on my understanding of his position, is that aggregated and anonymized data would be consistent, in that form there's no "private" information conveyed. If you disagree, well, I'm okay with that. You want a direct quote from Cook, which would be different than your original post, then go ask him.  As noted by another poster: details will matter.  At the worse end,...
Aggregated and anonymized and it's right in line with Cook's position on privacy.
" and get a bunch more channels." ​A bunch more channels I never watch isn't a feature, it's reason to use "favorites" to remove the clutter from my listing at best. In any areas, due to the monopolies many service areas have, cable television is a lot more that $30, and given their tiered price scale, often a lot more.
I've got some ultracentrifuge rotors that are Ti that have their outer edge stressed at 350,000 Gs at full speed. The anodizing is the same as when we got them 25 years ago and the interiors just as shiny. Coloring might be problematic as it would rely on coating tech: but I like the look of the raw metal better than shiny stainless as far as that goes. But I prefer my watches be a little to the matte side. IIRC the coating peeled off the plastic bits of that "titanium"...