or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

And DJI isn't leaving flight restrictions all to the user either: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/01/drone-maker-to-add-no-fly-firmware-to-prevent-future-white-house-buzzing/
Well when I'm around my house and don't want to be chained to a table and chair my iPad is a lot nicer given it's larger size display space than my iPhone 6 Plus so I use it in preference to my MBP. or my phone for casual consumption... The one concession I made when I went from the 3 to the Air is I left off the LTE capability as when I'm mobile I DO prefer my phone over a pad. At home I've got WiFi.
Steve's dead, time to move on. The Mac Pro? Yeah that's a company saver... ROTFLMAO. Something that screams "niche product"?http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/performance/ Good one.
In California is DMV information, such as who owns what license plate, public information or contained?   If the latter, and that's what I remember, they're never going to get anything more than "Sources at the DMV say", on anonymous background.... which isn't all that "proof" IMHO.
"2. Why didn't Apple start this initiative 3 years ago?"   Who says they didn't? "Noticed" isn't the same.
Once drones are legal, perhaps, until then they'd be VERY expensive... OTOH for street level data collection a ground vehicle makes more sense than a flying object who isn't going  to legally EVER be allowed to fly down Fifth Ave, say, at seven feet off the asphalt... Of course for Flyover data updating to keep it more current they'll be excellent, far cheaper than manned aircraft.
Noticed now.
"as Apple has advised pro photographers".   Well, no, Apple did no such thing. That link goes to an ADOBE effort to migrate people....
And in further news Amazon has actually opened a brick and mortar location: "Amazon (AMZN, Tech30) announced that it has opened a pickup and drop-off location on the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana."
Well, in the era of ubiquitous cellphones* the notification is easy: a text to the destination contact to pop out/up and take delivery either from the vehicle itself from an onboard cell or triggered by a signal back to HQ from the drone that it's on final approach. In lieu of those door stickers? Coincidentally I'd REALLY prefer a text I could take directly to UPS today to get my package rather than have to swing by my apartment to snag the notice and then, if I still...