or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Because each and every time she did it before that it didn't burn her?
I can see the temptation of a rear pocket: no keys or other metal objects to scratch up the phone's screen in an unused back pocket.   With a phone heavy enough to always be noticed it's still a gamble, but with the more recent lighter ones it's only a matter of time..
I agree, cities take a tragic toll of songbirds while they migrate at night from what I've read. But IIRC it's not the "open", it's the reflectivity so they can't tell it's a solid wall they're flying at: at night it looks like sky from the reflections... Maybe a sound barrier of some sort?
Walking along below any big glass sheathed skyscraper very early in the morning before the cleaning crew comes out with the shovels is a continuing horror show.
Yeah, I've a buddy that does that, kills phones routinely and in the end it's a mercy since they're so beat up it's hard to look at them (it's amazing how they keep working with screens cracked all to hell....).
"The handset was in the student's back pocket and made a "popping" noise when she sat down" "back pocket" would be what she sat down on it seems to me. It made a "popping" noise" when she damaged it by sitting on it, possibly not for the first time since she'd had the phone for a few months.
And then Twin Creeks, who introduced the technique was bought by GT Advanced who applied the basic idea to other materials including Sapphire? Hence the article title (and many other references to the Apple acquisition in terms of Sapphire)."GT Advanced to Use Particle Accelerator to Cut Sapphire Glass Production Costs" BTW that article also mentions a laminated Sapphire product.."The folks over at TechCrunch go on to note a patent that Apple obtained last year that...
N/M
One tech website showed the new hydrogen beam tech of Twin Creeks (later bought by GT Advanced, later bought by Apple...) producing Sapphire sheets 20 micrometers thick that, when laminated to a metal backing, is shown in a photo rolled up... Here's a different announcement:http://modmyi.com/content/12788-gt-advanced-use-particle-accelerator-cut-sapphire-glass-production-costs.html
Fantasy has a taste?