or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

" estimated battery life up to six weeks." You do realize that's complete nonsense right? The fine print states that's when it's used a rather limited amount of time each day. "A single charge lasts up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage" So then it will last THIRTYSIX WEEKS when used for 5 minutes per day!!!!! How innovative! OR: that's 21 hours of...
Yes that's the aspect I forgot about: the legacy installed base for the iPhone is enormous and respecting customers like that IS a good thing no matter if a future minimum storage offer was larger. I take it they're doing something similar (backward compatibility) with El Capitan.
Hadn't some one of repute reported out a firm-ish bump to 32GB? That was actually the spirit of why I asked that, as as you say this would seem to be an indication there won't be a storage minimum bump. And as I prefer using a computer to moderate the updates where free capacity is just about a non-issue I'm pretty agnostic on the whole thing.
As they had a lease to 2017 an exit this year isn't strictly about the rent "soaring", in fact they reported that had to negotiate an early release from their current lease. More about the store not making it's way I expect and what was noted in a  couple of newspaper articles a quick search popped from back a bit when the closing was announced.
"Troll post."Nonsense. A rather legitimate question, and answered as such by another poster. The sole reason for shrinking the update file size (and risking the consequent compromises to effectiveness) in these days of faster bandwidth is accommodating close to full devices: and devices with larger starting capacity are less likely to be "full" I would suggest (and I seem to recall, which is why I phrased the question that way, that there was firm speculation (okay maybe...
FAO Schwartz (Toys R Us) is bailing early out of their lease, good timing indeed.
Will that be as critical if they bump their minimum storage to 32GB?
"from housing 6,000 people to 12-13,000 personnel. From a per-person basis, that almost sounds like the 2.5 to 5 bn difference!" Indeed that's what I attribute the cost uptick to, that's a rather large changes when you double the intended occupancy.
Getting it done is a bottom-line, while the cost overrun has to be seen in the light of how much Apple changed the design goals along the way (if they did and I do recall the number of people occupying the structure close to doubled) and that is rather common in construction projects that span years: always "just one more small change"... and they can add up to huge extra costs.
Money for Apple probably means less than getting the thing DONE. And even with penalties sometimes people just can't finish.